lucca staiger has quit at isu.

woah, that is a huge blow for Iowa State. I thought Staiger was one of the best shooters in the country, and he was about 6'5''.

he was an incredible shooter. a little disappointing that he never really expanded his game beyond that. still, it is a loss.

kids just can't wait to get away from mcdermott (except, inexplicably, brackins).

if I am not mistaken Iowa State is down to 7 scholarship players currently with injuries, suspensions and Lucca's decision to quit.

Colvin suspended team rules violation
Boozer- ACL tear
Pomlee- dismissed- multiple violations of team rules
Vanderbeken- leg injury
Staiger- quit

McDermott may be looking for a job after this year and ISU may be heading to the cellar of the big12 this year.

He's not recruiting difference makers and he likely loses Brackins next year along with Gilstrap. They look to be headed for at least 10 conference losses. Not looking good.

if I am not mistaken Iowa State is down to 7 scholarship players currently with injuries, suspensions and Lucca's decision to quit.

Colvin suspended team rules violation
Boozer- ACL tear
Pomlee- dismissed- multiple violations of team rules
Vanderbeken- leg injury
Staiger- quit

McDermott may be looking for a job after this year and ISU may be heading to the cellar of the big12 this year.

He's not recruiting difference makers and he likely loses Brackins next year along with Gilstrap. They look to be headed for at least 10 conference losses. Not looking good.

When do we play them.

i don't much about McDermott, but that's a tough break. he hasn't had any good luck. other coaches say he's a great x and o guy.

i don't much about McDermott, but that's a tough break. he hasn't had any good luck. other coaches say he's a great x and o guy.

He can obviously coach, had a bunch of success at Northern Iowa...just appears he has trouble recruiting at the Big XII level. If he gets fired from ISU he would get a sweet Mo Valley gig somewhere.

He can obviously coach, had a bunch of success at Northern Iowa...just appears he has trouble recruiting at the Big XII level. If he gets fired from ISU he would get a sweet Mo Valley gig somewhere.

he's had talent at isu. recruiting hasn't been a huge problem for him. it's entirely possible that he'll have had 4 guys play for him that are in or will get into the nba. there are only a couple of big 12 teams that can match or beat that.

There's a rash of players who are just quitting in the season. I'm not a fan of that. Alot of the reason is because of NCAA transfer rules. Maymon at Marquette, Gordon at UCLA, and now staiger are very disturbing trends IMO. Alot of the blame is on the players, but coaches are not held blameless in this as well.

Back