NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

On Friday Trae had 37 points 12 assists in a win over the Sixers

Had 18 points and 8 assists in a win over the Rockets tonight.

AR had 27 points 4 assists and 2 rebounds in a win over New Orleans last night.

Buddy is playing great his first couple of games in Philly...
He was all over the place with his offensive game for the past month. It was sad to see a good Indiana team basically give him away. Three 2nd round draft picks? That's a great haul if this was the NFL. I thought his trade value was a little higher than that, but was obviously wrong.

He was all over the place with his offensive game for the past month. It was sad to see a good Indiana team basically give him away. Three 2nd round draft picks? That's a great haul if this was the NFL. I thought his trade value was a little higher than that, but was obviously wrong.
If he continues to produce like he is right now, it will be the steal of the free agent signings. Looks like Buddy was ready for a change. It's gotta be hard to always be the center of trade discussions. Hopefully he will stay put for awhile.

If he continues to produce like he is right now, it will be the steal of the free agent signings. Looks like Buddy was ready for a change. It's gotta be hard to always be the center of trade discussions. Hopefully he will stay put for awhile.
I saw a quote from Buddy a few days before the trade (when trade rumors were already swirling) that I was very impressed with. I meant to share it here and wish I had. He basically said he was grateful every day to be wearing a uniform, that he understood it was a business and that if he was traded, it just meant another team wanted him and he was grateful for that.

The one thing I'm not understanding about Indiana's trade is that they are in contention THIS YEAR. It's the best team they're had since the Reggie Miller days. If you are going to trade one of the 20 best 3-point shooters in NBA history, wouldn't you want someone in return who could help THIS YEAR? Regardless, I'll now be rooting for the Sixers and hope Buddy can make the Pacers regret that odd trade.

The one thing I'm not understanding about Indiana's trade is that they are in contention THIS YEAR. It's the best team they're had since the Reggie Miller days. If you are going to trade one of the 20 best 3-point shooters in NBA history, wouldn't you want someone in return who could help THIS YEAR? Regardless, I'll now be rooting for the Sixers and hope Buddy can make the Pacers regret that odd trade.
I think they wanted to move him because he is on an expiring contract and they obviously didn’t plan to re-sign him, so they decided to get something rather than just lose him in free agency. They knew that going forward they wanted to free up those minutes for a couple of their young guys. I agree that they didn’t get a big return, but presumably that was the best offer available.

I think they wanted to move him because he is on an expiring contract and they obviously didn’t plan to re-sign him, so they decided to get something rather than just lose him in free agency. They knew that going forward they wanted to free up those minutes for a couple of their young guys. I agree that they didn’t get a big return, but presumably that was the best offer available.
That certainly makes sense...but can't help thinking they could have at least gotten a role player in return who could help them this year. I guess we'll know soon if the Pacers giving those minutes to the younger players translate into a high level of success.

Alondew Williams is playing for the gleague team in the rookie soph challenge. They are in the finals.

he just signed a 2 way deal with the heat and dropped 50+ in a gleague game in Jan.

Last edited:
Trae tore a ligament in his finger and is out for at least 4 weeks. Could be shut down for the season based on how it's going.

will be interesting to see how the hawks finish. if they play well, do they move on from trae?

No LeBron, no problem!!! AR with 29-14-10 in a double-OT victory over the Bucks. What a great game. LA was down 9 with about 8 minutes to go in regulation. Reeves, Davis, and Russell were magical......

AR with a little 29 14 11 Tripple double. With only 1 turn in a big Lakers come back win at the Bucks. With no lebron

Trae tore a ligament in his finger and is out for at least 4 weeks. Could be shut down for the season based on how it's going.
Update on this.

Atlanta is in the play in right now so maybe he can play in that.

Back