NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

West predictions Thunder over Mavs in 6. Mavs are too much of a mess on defense. Kyrie and Luka will do enough to squeeze out a couple wins. I expect close games. Thunder defense being the difference.

I have Minnesota over Denver in 6. I could change to Denver in 7. I don't feel Denver is playing as good now as they were a year ago. Minnesota has a deeper team. I'll lean towards Minn.

I’ll take the Nuggs in 6
And the thunder in 7

Luka didn’t have a great series vs the clips. He will always get his stats but he was pretty inefficient.

Just a devastating injury. Gives the Mavs a lot of lineup flexibility and they lose a defender who can guard 1-5. And another reason to ban the block/charge. First Julius Randle is out, and now Kleber.

Just a devastating injury. Gives the Mavs a lot of lineup flexibility and they lose a defender who can guard 1-5. And another reason to ban the block/charge. First Julius Randle is out, and now Kleber.
You can't ban good defense. We already give too much to the offenses today basically getting rid of hand checks. It's like the hip drag tackle rule coming up in the NFL it'll probably end in disaster the other way with people trying to get out of the way.

Really?

It's looking like this series will be a dog fight.

Minnesota takes game 1. Letting Edwards go coast to coast just ended their soul.

Minnesota is built to beat Denver because they can offset the big advantages Denver has over most other teams in the west. Being able to guard Joker with Kat Towns while using Gobert as a rim protector/defensive helper is huge. McDaniel is an elite defender who can guard Porter Jr or Murray if needed. He has the length to bother Porter Jr, and is athletic enough to stay with Murray. Denver has no answer for Edwards. Caldwell-Pope doesn't bother him much because he just shoots over him. It will be interesting to see what adjustments Denver makes. Should be a great series.....

Minnesota is built to beat Denver because they can offset the big advantages Denver has over most other teams in the west. Being able to guard Joker with Kat Towns while using Gobert as a rim protector/defensive helper is huge. McDaniel is an elite defender who can guard Porter Jr or Murray if needed. He has the length to bother Porter Jr, and is athletic enough to stay with Murray. Denver has no answer for Edwards. Caldwell-Pope doesn't bother him much because he just shoots over him. It will be interesting to see what adjustments Denver makes. Should be a great series.....
Minnesota making it look easy. Denver on life support.

I thought Minnesota was better. Not that much better. They didn't need Gobert.

At least so far, you called it Nick by picking the T-Wolves to win the series. I'll admit I wouldn't have made that prediction even though the Nuggets didn't exactly dismantle my overmatched Lakers (trailed at halftime in all 5 games). That said, I doubt anyone could have predicted the Nuggets losing by 26 points on their home court.

I don't know if anyone saw the Knicks-Pacers game, but what an acting job by DiVincenzo near the end of that game to draw an offensive foul. The Pacers challenged the call, but technically it was a very minor foul. Still, that's a tough call to make in the waning seconds of a playoff game.

At least so far, you called it Nick by picking the T-Wolves to win the series. I'll admit I wouldn't have made that prediction even though the Nuggets didn't exactly dismantle my overmatched Lakers (trailed at halftime in all 5 games). That said, I doubt anyone could have predicted the Nuggets losing by 26 points on their home court.

I don't know if anyone saw the Knicks-Pacers game, but what an acting job by DiVincenzo near the end of that game to draw an offensive foul. The Pacers challenged the call, but technically it was a very minor foul. Still, that's a tough call to make in the waning seconds of a playoff game.
Yep you should let that go. I bet that series goes 6 or 7. But nobody is beating Boston

Horrible call, clear flop. I think the NBA should call illegal screens WAY more often, but they always let them go & you call a very minor one in crunch time.

Back