NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Thunder just didn't play good basketball after game one and deserved to lose that series. Too many guys missed open 3s the last few games of that series. Good year but disappointing end to a team that the Thunder were more talented than.

Thunder just didn't play good basketball after game one and deserved to lose that series. Too many guys missed open 3s the last few games of that series. Good year but disappointing end to a team that the Thunder were more talented than.
The playoff failure is on presti. Everyone knew we need beef/big guy at the trade deadline and presti's guy biyombo was an F-. Gafford on this team, instead of Mavs, gives a chance to win the whole thing.

Presti needs a "get back coach" in the worst way that yells at him to push all of the chips in when you have a shot at the title. We gave up a 1 seed run.. disappointment

The playoff failure is on presti. Everyone knew we need beef/big guy at the trade deadline and presti's guy biyombo was an F-. Gafford on this team, instead of Mavs, gives a chance to win the whole thing.

Presti needs a "get back coach" in the worst way that yells at him to push all of the chips in when you have a shot at the title. We gave up a 1 seed run.. disappointment
They can have another big but he won't play because they only play 4 wings most of the time. They probably only played a total of like 10 minutes this year with 2 big guys at one time.

They can have another big but he won't play because they only play 4 wings most of the time. They probably only played a total of like 10 minutes this year with 2 big guys at one time.
Think chet needed to be spelled tonight. He gave up some rebounds simply bc hes 180ish lbs. His 1-7 from 3's ability to spread the floor can be replicated by another big

Think chet needed to be spelled tonight. He gave up some rebounds simply bc hes 180ish lbs. His 1-7 from 3's ability to spread the floor can be replicated by another big
He’ll get a lot better, he’s your 5 man that will play 32-34 minutes a game. I think they need another guy that can rebound/shoot/guard. A PJ Washington type. Dallas not only destroyed the boards, the length gave OKC fits.

lol chill

Youngest team to ever win a playoff series
They weren’t winning a title this year

In all honesty, the thunder just missed shots

Seemed like most 50/50 balls went mavs way as well. Like that late 3 tonight. Insanely lucky by the mavs

It has been said that presto went into this playoffs not to win but to see what the thunder are lacking.

They spelled him with Jailen Williams and some with Kenrich. They even played a few minutes with Chet and JWill. If they get another big it'll be a smaller one that can stretch the floor. They aren't gonna get a true big that clogs up their lane when they rely on driving and kicking so much.

Thunder lost this series because they missed too many open 3s with guys that made them all year.

I'm no Thunder fan, but I think it would have been a mistake to make any big moves that might give up valuable future assets. The team is young. They have some very good pieces. They have a crap ton of draft capital. There probably wasn't a realistic addition that would have made them the favorite to win a championship. The kids just need to grow up, and needed to experience what playoff basketball is like. They did that. The time to make moves is from here forward.

I'm no Thunder fan, but I think it would have been a mistake to make any big moves that might give up valuable future assets. The team is young. They have some very good pieces. They have a crap ton of draft capital. There probably wasn't a realistic addition that would have made them the favorite to win a championship. The kids just need to grow up, and needed to experience what playoff basketball is like. They did that. The time to make moves is from here foforward.
Nah. The windows are small. The rookie contracts will be running up quickly. If you secure a 1 seed you need to play to win the whole thing not to supposedly "test them".

After we lost the finals, everyone said "oh well, we'll be back next year (or soon)". I said then that making the finals is super super tough and we may never make it back there again ever. Of course i was shouted down by all of the expert presti worshippers.

The draft capital is way over valued. We need to use it early and often

I'm no Thunder fan, but I think it would have been a mistake to make any big moves that might give up valuable future assets. The team is young. They have some very good pieces. They have a crap ton of draft capital. There probably wasn't a realistic addition that would have made them the favorite to win a championship. The kids just need to grow up, and needed to experience what playoff basketball is like. They did that. The time to make moves is from here forward.
I agree with this take, but would add this is the same belief people had when KD, RW, & JH lost to the Heat in the Finals. It was ASSumed the Thunder would dominate the west and make multiple visits to the finals. The draft capital is nice, but it will be interesting to see how Presti uses it. I 100% agree they weren't going to win the title this year with no one on the roster being able to understand what the playoff grind is like. If the young guys stay together, hungry, and willing to let Shai continue to have the spotlight, they have a great chance soon.

We all know egos get bigger, players see themselves as more valuable than they are, and sometimes guys just want to be the guy. Right now the young guys look content, but we can say Kobe/Shaq looked content, Lebron/Kyrie looked content, RW/KD/JH looked content until someone in the group no longer felt content. The West won't get any easier, and the experience Minnesota is getting in this playoff will make them tougher next year, IMO.....

Nah. The windows are small. The rookie contracts will be running up quickly. If you secure a 1 seed you need to play to win the whole thing not to supposedly "test them".

After we lost the finals, everyone said "oh well, we'll be back next year (or soon)". I said then that making the finals is super super tough and we may never make it back there again ever. Of course i was shouted down by all of the expert presti worshippers.

The draft capital is way over valued. We need to use it early and often
lol again chill. We are way ahead of schedule

lol at anyone these days that isn’t a presti fan

The Pacers really blew it at the end of regulation. I never thought they could win this series, but stealing Game 1 would have certainly made it competitive. It still might turn out to be competitive, but what a wasted opportunity. At the time the Pacers basically gave away Buddy Hield, I remember not understanding the rationale behind giving away one of the best 3-point shooters in NBA history. I remain perplexed. I know Buddy struggled with Philly, but can't help but think he might have made a difference last night and going forward - the Pacers bench was 1-6 from 3-point range. They did not get a player from Philly in return who could help them in this year's playoffs.

Did anyone expect Dallas to win 2 in Minnesota? Minnesota was up 16 or 18 when I dozed off after a hard week at work. Woke up to see Dallas/Luka stuck a dagger in their hearts. Can Minnesota come back?

Did anyone expect Dallas to win 2 in Minnesota? Minnesota was up 16 or 18 when I dozed off after a hard week at work. Woke up to see Dallas/Luka stuck a dagger in their hearts. Can Minnesota come back?
I was pretty shocked. Ant hasn’t been good & I thought McDaniels would bother Luka more. I’ll say Mavs in 6, but I thought at the beginning it’d be Minn in 7.

I was pretty shocked. Ant hasn’t been good & I thought McDaniels would bother Luka more. I’ll say Mavs in 6, but I thought at the beginning it’d be Minn in 7.
Luka is locked in right now. I think his knee was bothering him early in the series with OKC, along with Dort giving him fits. He looks very comfortable against Minnesota. He's really good.

Presti hate is interesting. He should be commended for how competitive this team was. OKC is set up very nicely.

Back