NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

He finished with 21 points, 3 assists and 4 rebounds. 5-12 from three, just 3-9 from inside the arc. Kings won by seven points.

Buddy made his final 4 shots, 3 3s and rallied SAC above .500 again

The Kings could have drafted Luka Doncic and had a backcourt of Luka, DeAaron Fox and Buddy for the next decade. That is the nucleus of a title team. Instead they took Marvin Bagley, who will be a totally decent big man and nothing special.

Buddy had a great game last night. He was actually too passive with the ball, only getting up 9 shots.

The Kings could have drafted Luka Doncic and had a backcourt of Luka, DeAaron Fox and Buddy for the next decade. That is the nucleus of a title team. Instead they took Marvin Bagley, who will be a totally decent big man and nothing special.

I agree that Doncic would have been a very good pick, but I think their concern was whether Fox would be comfortable playing off the ball more often. I actually saw Buddy at a camp a couple weeks before the draft and asked him who he wanted them to take, and that was one thing he specifically mentioned. But man Doncic is outstanding!

I agree that Doncic would have been a very good pick, but I think their concern was whether Fox would be comfortable playing off the ball more often. I actually saw Buddy at a camp a couple weeks before the draft and asked him who he wanted them to take, and that was one thing he specifically mentioned. But man Doncic is outstanding!

Until Smith and Barrera got hurt Doncic played of the ball. Now he’s playing a lot of point. He’s a versatile player.

Interesting that Atlanta is sitting at the 5th worse position. Dallas would have to slip to that position to keep the 1st rounder. Could be a lot of tanking to get that pick back. Trae could get 2 excellent players to help next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doncic fits in any system and on any team. They blew it. Bagley will be fine, but Doncic is a future hall of famer.

Doncic fits in any system and on any team. They blew it. Bagley will be fine, but Doncic is a future hall of famer.

I agree, I didn't say otherwise. The potential concern was with how it could affect Fox, not Doncic. Doncic is outstanding and should be the unanimous ROY barring injury.

Kings unfortunately don't have their pick this year, since they gave it away for essentially nothing 5 years ago, but they do have a ton of cap space. Obviously they aren't going to get a superstar to come there, but they should be able to bring in multiple quality role players.

I still think the Hawks have a chance to come out on top of the trade. It all depends on who they get to pair with Trae.

If Trae can ever find his stroke, his rookie season would be almost as impressive as Doncic's

I still think the Hawks have a chance to come out on top of the trade. It all depends on who they get to pair with Trae.

If Trae can ever find his stroke, his rookie season would be almost as impressive as Doncic's

Maybe stats wise, but Doncic is a lot better than Trae at this point.

LOL at the Hawks having a chance to win this trade. Trae will be fine. Luka is special.

I mean if they hit on a perennial all-star with this 10th overall pick....

LOL at the Hawks having a chance to win this trade. Trae will be fine. Luka is special.

Yes, there's no chance that Trae will show significant improvement from his rookie season. I mean, just look at Buddy Hield, am I right?

REally? Trae doesn't need to be on the same level as doncic to win the trade. The trade isn't complete yet but if they get another starting level player, it will be close.

It will be interesting to watch over the next several years

REally? Trae doesn't need to be on the same level as doncic to win the trade. The trade isn't complete yet but if they get another starting level player, it will be close.

It will be interesting to watch over the next several years

Need to collect stars to win in the NBA.

Trae was more than fine tonight, as he led the Hawks to a decisive win over the Thunder. 24 points, 11 assists and 6 rebounds.

I just got back home from attending the Hornets - Kings game tonight. I'm not a Hornets fan; was there to see Buddy and hope for a great game. Buddy had a game-high 24 points, but the Kings lost by 19. They were actually up 13 early in the second quarter, but trailed by 13 at halftime (that's not easy to do). The entire Kings team just went to sleep for about 7-8 minutes, and that was the game.

Buddy was 9-18 (6-11 from 3-point land), but only missed two open shots and didn't have any turnovers. I would have liked to see him be more aggressive (only one rebound and one foul), but the one assist was deceiving. He was hitting guys getting open, but they were just missing shots. All in all, it's great to see how much he's improved from his first few months in the League.

And if you went to the game to see the two Kansas players (McLemore and Mason), it was vital to stay for all 48 minutes since both entered the game with less than two minutes left and the Kings down by 20.

I just got back home from attending the Hornets - Kings game tonight. I'm not a Hornets fan; was there to see Buddy and hope for a great game. Buddy had a game-high 24 points, but the Kings lost by 19. They were actually up 13 early in the second quarter, but trailed by 13 at halftime (that's not easy to do). The entire Kings team just went to sleep for about 7-8 minutes, and that was the game.

Buddy was 9-18 (6-11 from 3-point land), but only missed two open shots and didn't have any turnovers. I would have liked to see him be more aggressive (only one rebound and one foul), but the one assist was deceiving. He was hitting guys getting open, but they were just missing shots. All in all, it's great to see how much he's improved from his first few months in the League.

And if you went to the game to see the two Kansas players (McLemore and Mason), it was vital to stay for all 48 minutes since both entered the game with less than two minutes left and the Kings down by 20.

He's having a great year. 4th in the league in made 3s behind Harden, Steph, and Paul George. Pretty good company to be in.

Last edited:
Back