NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Buddy averaging 20.5 ppg and shooting .441 from 3!

Has the potential but should shoot less for now

Threes aren't where Trae's been bad at shooting. It's inside the 3 where he's had issues to me. Early in the year he was trying to make shots on one foot or off balance all the time. His shooting percentage inside the three point line was probably awful. Now it's getting to where he's usually taking smarter shots and making his open threes. Making smarter passes. I can't watch every game so it's mostly high lights and stuff but that seems to be the difference to me.

Trae had 19 points yesterday in a win over the Heat, plus 2 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 turnovers.

For those who subscribe to the Athletic, there is a good article about Buddy that was just posted. As I said a couple weeks ago, if he keeps shooting at anywhere near the level he is at right now, it will be a crime if he doesn't get selected for the 3-point contest. Last time I looked, Curry is the only guy in the league with a better percentage among players with as many attempts as Buddy.

Threes aren't where Trae's been bad at shooting. It's inside the 3 where he's had issues to me. Early in the year he was trying to make shots on one foot or off balance all the time. His shooting percentage inside the three point line was probably awful. Now it's getting to where he's usually taking smarter shots and making his open threes. Making smarter passes. I can't watch every game so it's mostly high lights and stuff but that seems to be the difference to me.

trae was/is shooting 2's (and esp at the rim) much better than most thought he would

really?
He is at 45% inside the line. That is better than I thought he would be.
He is 29% from three. That is worse than I thought it would be

Blake had 34 points, 2 rebounds and 8 assists tonight in a loss to the Spurs.

really?
He is at 45% inside the line. That is better than I thought he would be.
He is 29% from three. That is worse than I thought it would be
Earlier in the year it was a lot worse. He's shot better from 3 more recently too but I think overall he's been better. I bet he was in the 30s in shooting % inside the 3 earlier in the year when he was really struggling. Lately he's been really solid.

Buddy had 16 points, 2 assists, 4 rebounds and 5 turnovers last night in a tough loss to Phoenix.

Trae had 19 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 3 turnovers in a loss to the Raptors.

Kings really need to get better at finding ways to get Buddy the ball late in close games. Of course defenses key on him, but NBA teams have to find a way to free their best player no matter how much the D focuses on him.

Sacramento is beginning to fall back to earth. Phoenix is god-awful, and if you want to finish around .500 and maybe sneak into the 8-seed you cannot be blowing big leads like that.

Blake and the Piston play the Lakers in LA on ESPN at 9:30pm CT tonight.

Blake and the Piston play the Lakers in LA on ESPN at 9:30pm CT tonight.

I'm as big a Blake Griffin fan as anyone, but at a loss as to how he can play 37 minutes and pull in ZERO rebounds (plus 16 points). I watched some of that game and Blake was the primary defender on Kyle Kuzma who scored a career high 41 for the Lakers. Oh well...we're all entitled to an off game. Blake may not start in the All-Star game due to not getting enough votes, but he's a lock to be selected as long as he stays on the court.

I'm as big a Blake Griffin fan as anyone, but at a loss as to how he can play 37 minutes and pull in ZERO rebounds (plus 16 points).

In his defense (sort of), it was the first game of his career in which he didn't get a rebound. Something like 530 games (I don't recall the exact number).

I see that this thread is mostly about Sooners in the NBA, but here's an excerpt from the latest Thunder column from Bill Haisten...

The Thunder’s 2018-19 roster is a lot better than the 2017-18 model, and Paul George and Steven Adams have played the best basketball of their lives, and yet Oklahoma City still has a terrible habit: bad losses.

Oklahoma City is 25-15. Of those 15 defeats, eight have been dealt by teams currently with losing records. If the Thunder had been 4-4 in those eight games, it would be in first place in the Western Conference.

You know how many road victories Minnesota has recorded this season? Six. Two of them were recorded on the Thunder’s home floor — against an OKC team that has the pieces and opportunity to actually finish at the top of the Western Conference.

Before the start of the 2018-19, I considered it a given Golden State would capture its fourth championship in five seasons. Now, the Warriors seem vulnerable.

Oklahoma City has a tremendous and immediate opportunity.

Don’t blow it.

In his defense (sort of), it was the first game of his career in which he didn't get a rebound. Something like 530 games (I don't recall the exact number).

Perhaps not by coincidence he’s not playing tonight vs Kings. “Rest”

Buddy doing his thing. 18 thru 3Q on 8/13

Blake led the Pistons to a 109-104 victory over the Clippers. I’m sure his 44 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, a block and 4 steals was not meant to send a message to his former team. :D

Buddy can’t get anything to fall tonight
Battling the Hornets close late in 3rd

Back