NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Trae 27 points 8 assists 7 rebounds Hawks beat the Suns 118-112

Blake with 24 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists. Clippers came back to beat Detroit 111- 101.

Buddy with 25 points 2 rebounds, 3 assists.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Buddy now has over 30.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

34 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists for Buddy, Kings beat 76ers 115-108

sir buddy carries the kings again with 34. it’s like his senior year, where any time he puts up a shot you feel like it’s going in. on his way to being a star.

oh, and he just passed his season career high in 3s with 30 games to go.

Last edited:
Trae up to 31% on the year from 3

39% the last 24 games

Sacramento's playoff chances improved quite a bit with the Clippers trade. Sounds like LA will likely look to trade even more pieces, which would almost certainly drop them out of the race. I am happy to realize that I was wrong at the start of the season when I didn't think the Kings had a chance to make the playoffs even after their hot start. They definitely have a realistic chance now.

Sacramento's playoff chances improved quite a bit with the Clippers trade. Sounds like LA will likely look to trade even more pieces, which would almost certainly drop them out of the race. I am happy to realize that I was wrong at the start of the season when I didn't think the Kings had a chance to make the playoffs even after their hot start. They definitely have a realistic chance now.

I would say that my money is on the Lakers for that 8 seed if it weren't for the fact that they just lost to an Oladipo-less Pacers team by half a million. With Lebron back.

Yikes.

(Edit: it was only 42)

Last edited:
I would say that my money is on the Lakers for that 8 seed if it weren't for the fact that they just lost to an Oladipo-less Pacers team by half a million. With Lebron back.

Yikes.

(Edit: it was only 42)

If they don't add anybody, I can't imagine LeBron busting his ass for the final 30 games so that they can get destroyed in 4 games by the Warriors round 1. Meanwhile Kings are hungry, and don't even have their own pick this year to consider.

If they don't add anybody, I can't imagine LeBron busting his ass for the final 30 games so that they can get destroyed in 4 games by the Warriors round 1. Meanwhile Kings are hungry, and don't even have their own pick this year to consider.

That's a strange opinion to me, as it seems to run contrary to what we've consistently seen in Lebron's career.

This team was 4th in the West before Lebron went down. It's hard to pick against the Lakers if he stays healthy.

That's a strange opinion to me, as it seems to run contrary to what we've consistently seen in Lebron's career.

This team was 4th in the West before Lebron went down. It's hard to pick against the Lakers if he stays healthy.

He's always been in the East where he had a path to the finals. He has a path to a first round drubbing this year. But we'll see. The competitive juices may get the best of him, but I'm not even certain they make it even if he goes all out. Their remaining schedule is brutal, with only a couple of games against tanking teams left.

You got me there. That is a true snub. A sports columnist posted that you can never say someone got snubbed unless you point out who he is more deserving than. He went on to name three players he was more deserving than - the aforementioned Thompson, Westbrook and Aldridge. I'd like to think if Buddy is hitting 45% of his high-volume 3's next year, he'll get in.

I'm a big fan of Gobert and I thought it was an outrage for him to not make the roster. If you really look at it, though, that Western Conference roster is loaded. Thompson and Aldridge making it over Gobert is a joke, but it's pretty easy to justify every other player that made it. Meanwhile, I'd put Gobert as a top 5 player on the Eastern Conference. Really makes me wish we'd do away with the conference all-stars, especially with this new format. Congrats to guys like Russell and Middleton on the years they're having, but on what planet are they all-stars?

I'm a big fan of Gobert and I thought it was an outrage for him to not make the roster. If you really look at it, though, that Western Conference roster is loaded. Thompson and Aldridge making it over Gobert is a joke, but it's pretty easy to justify every other player that made it. Meanwhile, I'd put Gobert as a top 5 player on the Eastern Conference. Really makes me wish we'd do away with the conference all-stars, especially with this new format. Congrats to guys like Russell and Middleton on the years they're having, but on what planet are they all-stars?

why would any owner in the east agree to that all star change ??

Eh. And Trump is my "employee."

Except Silver literally is their employee. It's not like the owners elected him and he has free reign. They hired him, and he is their agent. He can't do anything substantive without the approval of the owners. And the Eastern conference owners aren't going to let their playoff spots or all-star spots be taken away.

Except Silver literally is their employee. It's not like the owners elected him and he has free reign. They hired him, and he is their agent. He can't do anything substantive without the approval of the owners. And the Eastern conference owners aren't going to let their playoff spots or all-star spots be taken away.

yep ding ding ding playoff and all star spots help those teams sell tickets and jerseys ..

Blake had 26 points, 4 assists and 6 rebounds last night in a win over the Knicks. Buddy had 23 points, 1 assist, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in a win over Miami.

Blake had 26 points, 4 assists and 6 rebounds last night in a win over the Knicks. Buddy had 23 points, 1 assist, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in a win over Miami.

Buddy has been on fire this year with his shooting prowess. He's shooting 45.5 % from 3pt range and 86% from the free throw line.

yep ding ding ding playoff and all star spots help those teams sell tickets and jerseys ..

Lots of strawman arguments being made, so let's reign it back in.

1) I never said the NBA will get rid of conferences for the all-star game. I said I wish that were the case.

2) I never said anything about playoff spots.

Back