NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Hield had a rare crappy game in close lost to Warriors

Meanwhile Bagley is becoming a star

Tough night for the Kings. 4 losses to GSW this year by a total of 12 points. I thought they were gonna win, but they let this one slip away. Meanwhile the Lakers come back from 19 down against the Rockets to win.

Hield had a rare crappy game in close lost to Warriors

Meanwhile Bagley is becoming a star

I didn't see the game, so I'll take your word for it, but his stats aren't bad at all (except from deep): 19 points, 8-19, 2-8, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers.

I didn't see the game, so I'll take your word for it, but his stats aren't bad at all (except from deep): 19 points, 8-19, 2-8, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers.

Got off to a great start, was 4-5 in the first six minutes but then had to sit with two fouls and didn't have his outside shot falling after he came back in. But he hit two huge threes in the last 30 seconds. He actually passed up a pretty good look from three and settled for a tough fadeaway that would have sent it into OT.

**** joerger. he's gonna lose the kings he way he did memphis. and the kings are legit. but that was a great game last night.

**** joerger. he's gonna lose the kings he way he did memphis. and the kings are legit. but that was a great game last night.
How so? Those youngsters seem to be developing pretty well under his watch. And I'm looking dead wrong on Bagley. The light has come on. Maybe they won't rue skipping over Doncic quite as much.

Or are you implying that the Kings are like the Warriors under Mark Jackson and that they need a really good coach to come in and take them up to where they want to go? That might be the most insulting thing I've ever typed in reference to Joerger, comparing him to Mark Jackson.

How so? Those youngsters seem to be developing pretty well under his watch. And I'm looking dead wrong on Bagley. The light has come on. Maybe they won't rue skipping over Doncic quite as much.

Or are you implying that the Kings are like the Warriors under Mark Jackson and that they need a really good coach to come in and take them up to where they want to go? That might be the most insulting thing I've ever typed in reference to Joerger, comparing him to Mark Jackson.

i do think they will need a better coach eventually. but to my point, buddy took an ill-advised 3 that he drilled to get them within three i believe. but joerger wasn’t happy with him not running a play or something. they got into it on the sidelines. so the reason buddy didn’t take that three to win the game was because he got scared, since his coach lit into him on the sideline instead of letting the game play out and talk the issues up after the game. even durant was like wtf. don’t get on to your players like that on the sidelines if they are helping keep the game close.

and yes bagley is turning into a beast. but durant worked him last night until bagley pulled the rip move on durant. it was good stuff.

i do think they will need a better coach eventually. but to my point, buddy took an ill-advised 3 that he drilled to get them within three i believe. but joerger wasn’t happy with him not running a play or something. they got into it on the sidelines. so the reason buddy didn’t take that three to win the game was because he got scared, since his coach lit into him on the sideline instead of letting the game play out and talk the issues up after the game. even durant was like wtf. don’t get on to your players like that on the sidelines if they are helping keep the game close.

and yes bagley is turning into a beast. but durant worked him last night until bagley pulled the rip move on durant. it was good stuff.

I actually don't even think the long three he made was ill-advised . . . down six with 20 to go against GS, you absolutely have to shoot a three and you can't waste time looking for a perfect shot because you likely won't find one. His shot was from 30+ feet, but he got a clean look and in that situation, you can live with that shot given who the shooter was. In any event, it definitely caused Buddy to turn down the three at the end of the game. I like Lillard's comment on Twitter.

Emphasis on the last part. They committed the ultimate NBA draft sin.

Trae may have just had the best half of his career

20 points on 12 shots. 6 assists and 1 TO

He finished with 30 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Blake had a so-so night, relatively speaking -- 15 points, 1 assist, 4 rebounds -- but the Pistons squeaked by the Hawks.

He finished with 30 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Blake had a so-so night, relatively speaking -- 15 points, 1 assist, 4 rebounds -- but the Pistons squeaked by the Hawks.

Blake has a reputation as an average rebounder, which I find very frustrating. He devoured everything in sight as a rookie (12.1), but has been matched with two of the all-time great rebounders ever since.

To those wondering, I bring this up because Drummond had 21 boards tonight.

Got ejected in the 3rd for saying something to the Hawks bench

Buddy ... goodness what a player. Crazy how many questions there were about whether his game would translate to the NBA.

Buddy ... goodness what a player. Crazy how many questions there were about whether his game would translate to the NBA.

Amazing how he was called trash or a bust after his first season, even by a few on this board.

The same with people attacking Trae after his first couple months in the league and now his shooting has improved a ton as he has become acclimated to the league.

Last edited:
Amazing how he was called trash or a bust after his first season, even by a few on this board.

The same with people attacking Trae after his first couple months in the league and now his shooting has improved a ton as he has become acclimated to the league.

I'm not doubting you, but it doesn't make any sense. Buddy was a 1st-Team All-Rookie Selection. He did get off to a rough start in New Orleans, but that was their stupidity for trading the 6th overall pick for a rent-a-star. I think the worst thing I ever said about him was that he had a "high floor, but low ceiling". I knew he would never be a bust because he worked way too hard. I agreed with others who thought his ceiling was JJ Redick, but we were happy to be wrong. He's BETTER.

Back