NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Amazing how he was called trash or a bust after his first season, even by a few on this board.

The same with people attacking Trae after his first couple months in the league and now his shooting has improved a ton as he has become acclimated to the league.

And their motivation might have been geared to do one one thing and only one thing, which might have been to stir the pot and get a reaction, and if so, they were successful. In any event, it was a great game for Buddy and he makes us all proud.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if anybody ever called Buddy trash here. While there have been an unreal amount of Blake (**** you Thunder fans for that) and Trae haters, Buddy has largely been held sacred. I definitely didn't think he'd be a star, though, and figured his ceiling was closer to Redick than Curry.

I love Buddy, always have, but I was skeptical of him as an NBA player, I never thought he would be good enough defensively. I was SO WRONG and I've never been happier to be wrong about something. Buddy is a star and I think he can and will improve even more!

I certainly wasn't hopeful when Bogdan beat him out for a spot last year. What a difference a year can make!

Dude outworks everyone. He will improve year after year. Should be an all star next year, could have been this year.

In the past 4 games, the Lakers have lost to the Hawks, Pelicans, and now the Grizzlies. Ticket to the lottery is all but punched if Lonzo isn't back soon, and it doesn't sound like he will be.

Trae goes for 36 on 8-12 from 3

He is giving himself a legit chance at ROTY. Will probably be Doncic, but Trae is closing the gap.

Griffin, Hield, and Young would be one heck of a trio for a NBA team.

He is giving himself a legit chance at ROTY. Will probably be Doncic, but Trae is closing the gap.

Doncic has won Rookie of the Month every single month this year. Another Triple Double playing on a team that has been gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah TY picked a bad year to be a rookie...any other season he is the front-runner for ROY but Doncic is a lock. He is having one of the best rookie seasons in ages.

Yeah TY picked a bad year to be a rookie...any other season he is the front-runner for ROY but Doncic is a lock. He is having one of the best rookie seasons in ages.

Trae has arguably outplayed him since the new year, but Domcic in the first two months likely built an insurmountable lead. And I’m a Mavs fan and love Doncic, but know his shooting has regressed quite a bit.

We'll have to see how the draft/draft order plays out, but this Hawks team could quickly turn into one of the best young rosters in basketball -- maybe the best if they snagged Zion. Trae and Collins are great pieces to start with. They'd have to get lucky to snag Zion or Barrett, but they should at the very least be able to grab somebody like Reddish. With Dallas' pick they could add another guy like Culver or Hayes. What a quick turnaround this could be.

Buddy had 28 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists in a loss to the Bucks tonight.

We'll have to see how the draft/draft order plays out, but this Hawks team could quickly turn into one of the best young rosters in basketball -- maybe the best if they snagged Zion. Trae and Collins are great pieces to start with. They'd have to get lucky to snag Zion or Barrett, but they should at the very least be able to grab somebody like Reddish. With Dallas' pick they could add another guy like Culver or Hayes. What a quick turnaround this could be.

They are 10-16 in 2019. Long way to go to be the best anything.!

They are 10-16 in 2019. Long way to go to be the best anything.!

When I say one of the best young rosters, I don't mean they'll be contenders next year. I just mean they will likely have one of the best foundations of young players to build around once they bring this next draft class in. Trae and his human pogo stick companion are way ahead of schedule.

Back