NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Kings and the Hawks square off tonight, featuring former OU stars Buddy Hield and Trae Young. Both players like to fire up threes.

Who wins the game? Who wins the three point shooting contest between Buddy and Trae? My money (that is if I was a betting man) is on Buddy and the Kings.

Buddy and the Kings won the game, but he and Trae basically tied in the three-point category and Trae put up more points than Buddy did.

Trae had 23 points, going 7-12, 4-9, with 8 assists, 1 rebound and 5 turnovers.

Buddy had 18 points, going 6-11, 4-8, 3 assists, 3 rebounds and 2 turnovers.

Porzingis to Dallas. He and Doncic make a good pairing.

ACL’s are slam dunks these days but that’s still a 7-foot-3 dude, hope he can recover to previous form

I didn't think Buddy would get selected to the All Star team because there are so many great guards in the West, but man I'm running hot over the fact Klay Thompson made it. Buddy is having a significantly better season than he is, and that doesn't even account for the fact that Klay is his team's third option and has two of the best players on the planet taking pressure and drawing defenders.

Good night for Blake in a win over the Mavs: 24 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists.

I didn't think Buddy would get selected to the All Star team because there are so many great guards in the West, but man I'm running hot over the fact Klay Thompson made it. Buddy is having a significantly better season than he is, and that doesn't even account for the fact that Klay is his team's third option and has two of the best players on the planet taking pressure and drawing defenders.

Klay made it because he's a significantly better defender than "the field" (Buddy, Devin Booker, CJ McCollum, and Donovan Mitchell). DeMarr DeRozan may be a good defender as well, but his offensive skills aren't at the level as any of the guys above.

Klay made it because he's a significantly better defender than "the field" (Buddy, Devin Booker, CJ McCollum, and Donovan Mitchell). DeMarr DeRozan may be a good defender as well, but his offensive skills aren't at the level as any of the guys above.

I have a hard time thinking defense was on the mind of anyone in selecting the roster for a game in which defense is a complete non-factor. You may be right and I actually wouldn't have a problem with a guy being rewarded for his D, but I have never heard defense mentioned in any All Star conversation.

he hasn't been this season

he hasn't been this season

You may be right, but that is certainly his REPUTATION. His 3-point shot hasn't been there, either. Still, it's not going to be easy to unseat him for this game. The fact Buddy is even in the conversation is not something I would have ever thought possible three months ago.

As for defense being a criteria for the All-Star game, it is factored in even if they don't actually play defense in that game. If it wasn't, Dennis Rodman would have never made an All-Star game (though he was only selected twice I believe).

Trae was East Rookie of the Month. 2nd time this year for him.

28 points 9 assists, 1 steal only 2 turnovers for Trae. Jazz destroyed the Hawks 128-112

You may be right, but that is certainly his REPUTATION. His 3-point shot hasn't been there, either. Still, it's not going to be easy to unseat him for this game. The fact Buddy is even in the conversation is not something I would have ever thought possible three months ago.

As for defense being a criteria for the All-Star game, it is factored in even if they don't actually play defense in that game. If it wasn't, Dennis Rodman would have never made an All-Star game (though he was only selected twice I believe).
Rudy Gobert is probably the best defender in the league, averages a double double, and isn't even an alternate. Don't expect votes to be logical.

Rudy Gobert is probably the best defender in the league, averages a double double, and isn't even an alternate. Don't expect votes to be logical.

You got me there. That is a true snub. A sports columnist posted that you can never say someone got snubbed unless you point out who he is more deserving than. He went on to name three players he was more deserving than - the aforementioned Thompson, Westbrook and Aldridge. I'd like to think if Buddy is hitting 45% of his high-volume 3's next year, he'll get in.

I felt bad for Gobert in his presser after the all-star announcement. He was nearly in tears discussing his snub. He deserved consideration, but I won't say he deserved more consideration than Adams. The kiwi has been amazing this season as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDHf0ska5Gk

Last edited:
Back