NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Buddy had a good game tonight in a tough loss to the Suns (Fox and Bagley both sat out with injuries): 23 points on 8-of-17 shooting (4-of-6 from deep) with 2 assists, 5 rebounds and a block.

Kings are 3-14 when Fox plays

Makes no sense, but incredible

Kings are 3-14 when Fox plays

Makes no sense, but incredible

4-14 now.

Buddy had a good game -- 26 points on 8-of-17/5-of-9 shooting, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and a block -- in the Kings' win over Memphis tonight.

4-14 now.

Buddy had a good game -- 26 points on 8-of-17/5-of-9 shooting, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and a block -- in the Kings' win over Memphis tonight.

Crazy that Sacramento is still on the fringes of playoff contention after their long losing streak. It shows how much weaker the bottom of the West is than recent years. I think they are way too inconsistent to make it, but they are fortunate to not be completely out of the picture.

Kings have a shot at winning 3-4 in a row though. Play: Pelicans, GS, Suns next.

Trae Young is back against the Celts tonight.

28 points 10 assists, 5 rebounds in a loss to Boston. Hawks have the worst record it the NBA right now.

It's 2020 and Trae is still averaging near 30/10. Never ceases to amaze me how many on here try to downplay him. He's 21 and already one of the top 10 offensive players in the league.

It's 2020 and Trae is still averaging near 30/10. Never ceases to amaze me how many on here try to downplay him. He's 21 and already one of the top 10 offensive players in the league.

I'm a big fan of Trae, and believe he will continue to be a great representative for OU basketball. I was especially impressed to see him in Columbia, SC in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, and hope he continues to attend OU games schedule permitting. His offense is so much further along than I anticipated. I stand by previous comments that Trae would not be the player he is right now had he gone to a Blue Blood program because he would have never had the autonomy he had at OU.

All that said above, he still has a LOT of work to do defensively to become even an average player on that side of the ball. He doesn't need to be Walt Frazier, Dennis Johnson or Gary Payton, he just needs to be someone who is not a liability defensively. Once he becomes an average defensive player, he'll be considered one of the top 5-10 players in the NBA.

Trae Young with 36 points in the 4th quarter right now.

Blake Griffin's days in Detroit are probably numbered. He hasn't really played bad when he's been healthy but his knees may just be done at this point in his career. He's had a great NBA career with nearly 22 points per game. They are looking to trade pretty much Griffin and Drummond if they can get a good deal for either.

Trae Young 41 points, 8 assists, 2 steals, 4 rebounds. 12-23 shooting, 5-13 from 3. Hawks beat the Pacers 116-111

Buddy with 24 points 12 rebounds in a loss to the Pelicans.

Blake Griffin's days in Detroit are probably numbered. He hasn't really played bad when he's been healthy but his knees may just be done at this point in his career. He's had a great NBA career with nearly 22 points per game. They are looking to trade pretty much Griffin and Drummond if they can get a good deal for either.

I think they'll trade Drummond, but Blake's mounting injuries, high salary, and the fact the contract runs through 2022 makes him much harder to trade. I guess we'll see, but he needs to be on the court.

I think they'll trade Drummond, but Blake's mounting injuries, high salary, and the fact the contract runs through 2022 makes him much harder to trade. I guess we'll see, but he needs to be on the court.

Might be doable if there is a contending team that has a bad contract Detroit is willing to eat. Not sure what team that would be, though.

nobody tries to downplay his talent.

They question his style of play at OU and if it was good for the team.

Terrific game for Trae tonight in a loss to Denver: 28 points (8-12, 4-5), 4 rebounds and 12 assists (though he did have 7 turnovers).

Buddy's got 13 points halfway through the third against Golden State.

21 points 5 assists 1 steal for Buddy in a win over the Warriors 111-98

PG: Trae Young
SG: Kevin Huerter
SF: De'Andre Hunter
PF: John Collins
C: Andre Drummond

Drummond would go a long way to helping that team.

Back