NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Trae Young 14 points 10 assists after 1 quarter against Philly.

Trae Young 14 points 10 assists after 1 quarter against Philly.

Saw that and had to do a "double take" on the assists he has already piled up. He obviously cannot sustain that rate, but it would be primo if he did.

39 points 18 assists in a win over Philly. Also had 2 steals, 6 rebounds. Did have 7 turnovers though. As much as he does for that team holding on to the ball all the time and being as ball dominant you gotta take the turnovers with everything else. They really only have one other consistent offensive weapon on John Collins. But the rest of the offense did show up some today. 127-117 Hawks win.

Also this little factoid

Trae Young is the 2nd player in NBA history to average 30 PPG and 15 APG over a 5-game span, joining Nate Archibald in 1972.

Young now has 33 career 30-pt games, breaking a tie with Shaquille O'Neal for the 5th-most 30-point games before turning 22.
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1223077350113456128

With Luka Doncic and Trae Young the 2018 draft class is really loaded. Those 2 look like they could be future hall of fame guys if they play a long career. Jaren Jackson and Ayton have been 18 points per game type guys which isn't that bad. And SGA for the Thunder has been amazing. Collin Sexton in many years would be seen as the top PG prospect from that draft.

Buddy 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in a win over the Clippers 124-103

Buddy with 22 points on 8-16 shooting in a loss to the Lakers

Trae only had 12 points 1 assist 6 rebounds in a 123-100 loss to the Mavericks

His shooting has been much better since move to bench. Still playing 30 minutes

Fox has also scored more as a starter. I think they put him on the bench to give them scoring off the bench much. His scoring hasn't been that much different from before he was averaging around 20 a game when he got put on the bench. The Kings just weren't getting enough from the bench. The Kings are still struggling and are falling 6 games from the 8th seed. So they could make that up if they get hot. The bottom of the west is much weaker than it's been in the past few years but they are definitely in a big hole.

Hawks should be better. That Mavs team didn’t have Doncic it Porzinga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trae 34 points 7 assists 2 steals on 10-20 shooting in a 123-115 loss to Boston

Hearing Clint Capela may end up in Atlanta... Gives the Hawks a double double machine up front.

Buddy had 16 points last night on 6-12 shooting, 2 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal in just 19 minutges of action in the Kings' win over Minnesota.

I think he's getting a raw deal coming off the bench. I kind of wish he hadn't signed that extension.

Buddy had 16 points last night on 6-12 shooting, 2 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal in just 19 minutges of action in the Kings' win over Minnesota.

I think he's getting a raw deal coming off the bench. I kind of wish he hadn't signed that extension.

He’s played better off the bench

Minutes have dropped 34 to 27 per game, but his 3PT shooting has gone from 36% to 48%

Maybe a coincidence, maybe not

He’s played better off the bench

Minutes have dropped 34 to 27 per game, but his 3PT shooting has gone from 36% to 48%

Maybe a coincidence, maybe not

Part of it to me watching the games is, when he first checks in its also against subs. Hes the best player on the floor when hes against the other teams 2nd team most nights. That helps confidence which is carrying through the rest of the game when is in against the starters later.

I'm not sure I buy that it's had a positive impact -- I'm more inclined to think he was just in a slump that he's now out of -- but if it has, I suspect it's taken hold at this point. He deserves to start. At the very least, he deserves starter minutes, which he's not getting.

I'm not sure I buy that it's had a positive impact -- I'm more inclined to think he was just in a slump that he's now out of -- but if it has, I suspect it's taken hold at this point. He deserves to start. At the very least, he deserves starter minutes, which he's not getting.

Buddy has the second most minutes on the Kings this year behind only Barnes. Both total and per game.

Keep shooting 3s around 40% and the minutes will stay.

If he’s not making shots he doesn’t have value.

If he’s not making shots he doesn’t have value.

He's leading the team in scoring and was getting it done when he had no support at all. He's averaging just 5 minutes more per game than Bogdanovic, but is outscoring him by six points a game. He also averages two more rebounds per game than BB, his PER is one point higher and the two players are virtually tied in 3-pt shooting percentage (they are separated by .2 of one percent).

Some guys might need a wakeup call -- I get that -- but does anyone here think Buddy is that kind of player?

He's leading the team in scoring and was getting it done when he had no support at all. He's averaging just 5 minutes more per game than Bogdanovic, but is outscoring him by six points a game. He also averages two more rebounds per game than BB, his PER is one point higher and the two players are virtually tied in 3-pt shooting percentage (they are separated by .2 of one percent).

Some guys might need a wakeup call -- I get that -- but does anyone here think Buddy is that kind of player?

I’ve watched nearly every Kings game this season. He’s a liability on the defensive end and hasn’t been an efficient scorer

He’s taken a step back this year, for the first time in 7 years

I think the hurricane played a big part

Trae got Capela and Nene. Capela and Collins will be pretty good inside.

Back