NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

I’ve watched nearly every Kings game this season. He’s a liability on the defensive end and hasn’t been an efficient scorer

He’s taken a step back this year, for the first time in 7 years

I think the hurricane played a big part

I completely agree that this is the first year in probably his life which his play has regressed from the previous year. Many Kings fans want to trade him, though that really doesn't make any sense this early into his contract. I can't help but think that the massive contract has caused him to try too hard to earn it, and is playing much tighter. Of course, that should only impact his offense. There is no excuse why he can't at least be an average defensive player.

A lot of things Buddy can control (his emotions, his effort) and a lot of things he can't (Kings front office, hurricane, etc.). He has not been very good this year. But I bet he bounces back.

Trae with 36 points 11 assists Hawks beating the Wolves by 8 in the final minute.

Finished with 38 points 10-23 shooting, 6-13 from 3. also had a steal. Hawks win 127-120.

Buddy with 21 points 7 rebounds, 5 assists in 36 minutes Kings beat the Heat 105-97

Buddy led the Kings to a 20-point win over the Spurs with 31 points on 11-17 shooting (9-10 from deep), 5 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals in 31 minutes.

And I'll just leave this here without comment: After that stellar outing, Buddy was +33. His fellow bench player, Cory Joseph, scored 4 points with 1 rebound and 3 assists in 24 minutes. He was +35.

Hield’s shooting out of this world since moving to bench

Buddy led the Kings to a 20-point win over the Spurs with 31 points on 11-17 shooting (9-10 from deep), 5 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals in 31 minutes.

And I'll just leave this here without comment: After that stellar outing, Buddy was +33. His fellow bench player, Cory Joseph, scored 4 points with 1 rebound and 3 assists in 24 minutes. He was +35.

Cory Joseph received point accumulation for "excessive clapping."

Averaging 23 ppg shooting 52% 3FG in 8 games from bench

Trae Young may be pretty good

48 points 13 assists, 2 steals, 13-30 shooting 6-13 from 3. hit all 16 free throws.

Hawks beat the Knicks in double OT 140-135

He's had 10 40 point games in his young NBA career. The only other players to do that before their 22nd birthday are LeBron James and Kevin Durant

He's already passed names like Magic Johnson, Chris Paul, and Steph Curry for the most games with at least 35 points and 10 assists.

If Trae can become even a mediocre defensive player, he'll be considered one of the 10 best players in the NBA. His offense is definitely ahead of where I thought it would be...or most people thought it would be. He's definitely fun to watch, and I hope OU can benefit recruiting-wise.

I'm so happy that Buddy is starting to play much better. Perhaps I can stop reading articles about the Kings which includes fans' comments that they want to trade him. It's just a guess, but I think he was trying too hard to live up to that huge contract he signed. His PER is now at 16.0 - the highest it has been all season (and just outside the top 100 in the NBA). If he can just get that to the higher teens by end of season, he'll have offset his sluggish start.

If Trae can become even a mediocre defensive player, he'll be considered one of the 10 best players in the NBA. His offense is definitely ahead of where I thought it would be...or most people thought it would be. He's definitely fun to watch, and I hope OU can benefit recruiting-wise.

I'm so happy that Buddy is starting to play much better. Perhaps I can stop reading articles about the Kings which includes fans' comments that they want to trade him. It's just a guess, but I think he was trying too hard to live up to that huge contract he signed. His PER is now at 16.0 - the highest it has been all season (and just outside the top 100 in the NBA). If he can just get that to the higher teens by end of season, he'll have offset his sluggish start.
Sluggish start still had him average over 20 a game. He'll be fine.

Buddy had 15 points in a loss to the Bucks on 6-12/3-7 shooting--7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.

Trae had 29 points on 7-19/3-11 shooting, with 1 rebound and 9 assists in a loss to the Magic.

Trae 27 points 12 assists, 2 steals but the Hawks lose to the Cavs 127-105

Buddy led the Kings with 22 points 9 assists 1 steal. Kings lose to the Mavs 130-111

Back