NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Buddy with 21 points, 6 assists. Kings beat the Thunder 122-106. Buddy has been real good to end the season. They'll end up out of the playoffs though.

Buddy with 21 points, 6 assists. Kings beat the Thunder 122-106. Buddy has been real good to end the season. They'll end up out of the playoffs though.
Kings haven't technically been eliminated yet, but they're 2.5 games behind 10th with 3.5 games to go (3 for the Kings, 4 for the Spurs). Two Kings losses or Spurs wins would knock them out.

And if San Antonio goes on a losing streak to end the season, there's also New Orleans to contend with, who is tied with Sacramento.

Last edited:
Trae doing Trae things to give the Hawks another win. This time over Westbrook and the Wizards. 33 points 9 assists 8 rebounds for Trae. 120-116 come from behind win by the Hawks. Atlanta officially clinch first playoff spot since 2017.

Last edited:
Blake with 13 points 4 assists, 3 rebounds. Nets beat the Spurs 128-116

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Hawks are blowing out Orlando right now. Trae is probably done for the game even though it's early in the 4th because they are up by like 25 points. 18 points 7 assists after 3 quarters.

Kings are in a tight game with Memphis.

Buddy with 16 points 8 assists, 4 rebounds 1 steal but it's not enough to beat Memphis. 116-110. I think Sacramento is officially eliminated.

Buddy with 11 points and 5 assists. Kings lose to Memphis again 107-106. The last game of the season will be Sunday Night against the Jazz.

Buddy with 11 points and 5 assists. Kings lose to Memphis again 107-106. The last game of the season will be Sunday Night against the Jazz.

Buddy improved in several areas of his game, but continues to regress in one - 2-point shooting. I don't think he will help his team get to that long-awaited next level until he can at least be an "average" 2-point shooter. Right now, he's arguably the worst starting guard in the NBA with regards to his shooting inside the arc. His best season in the NBA was his third season. I guess we'll know for sure by next season if that was his peak. I'll be rooting for him to at least get back to his play in Season-3 when he was a borderline NBA All-Star.

Buddy improved in several areas of his game, but continues to regress in one - 2-point shooting. I don't think he will help his team get to that long-awaited next level until he can at least be an "average" 2-point shooter. Right now, he's arguably the worst starting guard in the NBA with regards to his shooting inside the arc. His best season in the NBA was his third season. I guess we'll know for sure by next season if that was his peak. I'll be rooting for him to at least get back to his play in Season-3 when he was a borderline NBA All-Star.

Yep he improved his playmaking overall becoming the team assist leader after Fox went down. But he still couldn't score inside the arc and his 3 point percentage the last 2 years is also slightly down. Still decent though. He still have a decent year though. If Fox doesn't go down they probably make the play in tournament. But even then they are still at best a borderline playoff team.

Atlanta broke through and became a contending team. They will most likely end up 10 games over .500 this year.

Blake with 2 points 4 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal in a win over. They have one last game against Cleveland tomorrow. They are locked at the 2 seed now so they may sit some guys out.

Trae only played 16 minutes against the Rockets tonight to end the season 10 points 9 assists. Hawks win 124-95

Blake Griffin with 9 points 1 rebound 2 assists in a 123-109 win over Cleveland. Both will get about a week off before the playoffs. Hawks will play the Knicks I think. Nets will play one of the play in teams.

Buddy finished his season with 13 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds. Jazz win 121-99.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, since the NBA and college are basically position-less now, we can put an all-time Sooner NBA lineup on the floor and not have to go by PG, SG, SF, PF and C. Here's how my starting 5 and top 5 reserves look:

Starters:

G - Mookie Blaylock
G - Trae Young
G - Buddy Hield
F - Blake Griffin
C - Alvan Adams

While the above are the 5 best players with little doubt, there is only one plus defender...but lots of scoring!

Top Reserves:

G - Anthony Bowie
F - Wayman Tisdale
F - Harvey Grant
F - Gar Heard
C - Clifford Ray

And now the polar opposite - 4 plus defenders and one great offensive player (gee, who could that be?)

Well, since the NBA and college are basically position-less now, we can put an all-time Sooner NBA lineup on the floor and not have to go by PG, SG, SF, PF and C. Here's how my starting 5 and top 5 reserves look:

Starters:

G - Mookie Blaylock
G - Trae Young
G - Buddy Hield
F - Blake Griffin
C - Alvan Adams

While the above are the 5 best players with little doubt, there is only one plus defender...but lots of scoring!

Top Reserves:

G - Anthony Bowie
F - Wayman Tisdale
F - Harvey Grant
F - Gar Heard
C - Clifford Ray

And now the polar opposite - 4 plus defenders and one great offensive player (gee, who could that be?)

Not sure Trae or Buddy have played long enough to take the place of Wayman on your list provided.

Not sure Trae or Buddy have played long enough to take the place of Wayman on your list provided.

Yeah, I'm projecting a bit...but a computer-simulated game is going to put the best Trae Young and Buddy Hield on the court. If you had to put a best team "by position", Buddy still lands on the first team because the only other off-guard we sent to the NBA is Anthony Bowie...a great defensive player, but Buddy is already a legend as a 3-point shooter. To your point, Trae would have to come off the bench because his 3 seasons of accomplishments does not top Mookie's 13.

By position, Wayman is still a backup because the two big-men have to be Blake and Alvan. Wayman once made 14 straight baskets in a game against Jordan and the Bulls...he definitely had plenty of moments that reminded us of his OU days. I think his passion for jazz was the primary cause for him not developing into a perennial all-star.

Are you forgetting Brent Price?

I certainly didn’t forget about Brent Price...but because of his height I thought of him more as a PG than a SG. I guess calling him a combo-guard may be more accurate. Brent set an NBA record for making 13 consecutive 3-point shots ( over a few games). I’m pretty sure the record has since been broken...but he once held it.

It says a lot about how well NBA Sooners performed when guys like Brent Price and Eduardo Najera (11 NBA seasons) may not be good enough to make the two-deep OU roster.

I certainly didn’t forget about Brent Price...but because of his height I thought of him more as a PG than a SG. I guess calling him a combo-guard may be more accurate. Brent set an NBA record for making 13 consecutive 3-point shots ( over a few games). I’m pretty sure the record has since been broken...but he once held it.

I didn't think he played PG, but I have never followed the NBA terribly closely, so I could be all wet.

It says a lot about how well NBA Sooners performed when guys like Brent Price and Eduardo Najera (11 NBA seasons) may not be good enough to make the two-deep OU roster.

13 3's in a row is amazing. I would have put Brent ahead of Bowie. But after going back and looking at each of their stats in the NBA, they are very similar. So I can see why you would go with Bowie.

Also, I would have to start Wayman sometimes. :)

13 3's in a row is amazing. I would have put Brent ahead of Bowie. But after going back and looking at each of their stats in the NBA, they are very similar. So I can see why you would go with Bowie.

Also, I would have to start Wayman sometimes. :)

Bowie was a much better defensive player than Brent Price. Bowie could effectively guard the 1, 2 or 3 positions. That brings up another interesting stat. Billy Tubbs, the coach everyone remembers as a great offensive mind, run & gun, high-scoring...but seldom does the word “defense” gets mentioned. Who would have thought that 4 of the 8 guys he sent to the NBA (guys who played more than 1 season) were more noted for their defense than offense.

Noted for their offense:

Wayman, Stacey King, Brent Price and Lee Nailon

Noted for their defense:

Mookie, Harvey Grant, Anthony Bowie, Kurt Thomas

Back