NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

that was an absolute meltdown by the hawks, and they still won. so there's that.

But that pass from 30 feet put this one away.

It SHOULD have put the game away. Who blows an 8-point lead with 16 seconds left in the game? The Hawks came oh so close to doing just that as that 8 point lead was down to 2 with about 8 seconds left.

The good news for the Hawks is now they have some time to work on the Sixers full-court and half-court press. Props to the Philly coaches for putting that in just late enough in the game to which the Hawks could not adjust.

The bottom line, though, is the Hawks are up 1-0, have stolen home-court advantage, and should now be able to make those press adjustments going forward.

With the exception of late in the 4th quarter, Trae really was sensational. I would be shocked if 5 years from now he's not considered the best OU NBA player ever.

It SHOULD have put the game away. Who blows an 8-point lead with 16 seconds left in the game? The Hawks came oh so close to doing just that as that 8 point lead was down to 2 with about 8 seconds left.

The good news for the Hawks is now they have some time to work on the Sixers full-court and half-court press. Props to the Philly coaches for putting that in just late enough in the game to which the Hawks could not adjust.

The bottom line, though, is the Hawks are up 1-0, have stolen home-court advantage, and should now be able to make those press adjustments going forward.

With the exception of late in the 4th quarter, Trae really was sensational. I would be shocked if 5 years from now he's not considered the best OU NBA player ever.

He's among elite players to score 20+ every game for the first 6 playoff games. It's pretty much a who's who of elite guys. Jordan, Dr. J(in the ABA), Kareem, and LeBron.

Blake chipped in with 7 points, 8 boards, an assist, a steal and a block as the Nets routed the Bucks by 39.

Trae with 21 points 11 assists so he keeps his 20 points playoff game streak alive at 7 games now. The record is some center from UCLA with 27 games in a row to start his career. But it wasn't enough to beat 40 from Embiid. Philadelphia 118-102.

what a horrible 4th qtr for the hawks...I was flipping back and forth from softball to this game. Had it tied late in the 3rd then down 20 quick 109/89..so then it looks like hawks went on a semi run but still dropped it.

I have not watch a minute of nba for a long time...after watching last night I know why...ugh.

28 points 8 assists for Trae, but the 6ers blew out the Hawks. Game 4 will be a must win for Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

28 points 8 assists for Trae, but the 6ers blew out the Hawks. Game 4 will be a must win for Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Hawks have a nice core trio lead by Trae. However, they're not winning this series without Deandre Hunter. That game-one win was impressive, but they're not doing that four times without him. Next season, with both Hunter and Reddish coming back, if they can keep Williams and Gallinari (need that offense coming off the bench), they could be one of the best teams in the NBA.

I want to believe that they could be a top team in the league, but I'm guessing 3/5 seed in East again, unless they can bring in one more piece. Gotta resign John Collins too. Hard to win with such a young team.. give them another 2-3 years and they have a legit shot.

Philly looks like they will keep their core in tact. Milwaukee has Giannis. Brooklyn has that core and have won games with all of them missing. You are going to be 4th and best the next few years. Atlanta needs a 2nd go to guy at guard to really bust through.

Trae leads the Hawks to a win in a nailbiter that went down to the last second. 25 points, 18 assists, 4 rebounds and a steal.

Philly looks like they will keep their core in tact. Milwaukee has Giannis. Brooklyn has that core and have won games with all of them missing. You are going to be 4th and best the next few years. Atlanta needs a 2nd go to guy at guard to really bust through.

Bradley Beal?!?

Trae leads the Hawks to a win in a nailbiter that went down to the last second. 25 points, 18 assists, 4 rebounds and a steal.

Yep and his 18 assists should have been about 24. I stopped counting how many layups and dunks the Hawks missed off of perfect Trae passes.

Yep and his 18 assists should have been about 24. I stopped counting how many layups and dunks the Hawks missed off of perfect Trae passes.

Fortunately he had plenty of experience with that from his season in Norman, so that probably helped him cope with the frustration lol. You are absolutely right, the first half was brutal ... so many missed bunnies.

Blake with 17 points but that will be nowhere near the story of this game. Durant with 49 points 17 boards 10 assists to lead Brooklyn back from down like over 20 to a win over the Bucks to take a 3-2 series lead. Has to be a devastating loss for Milwaukee

More on Trae's historic night:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1404613840076120071[/tweet]
Nice to see Mookie getting love also.

Hawks were down 26 at one point. 105-104 Trae with 37. 1:50 left.

i love trae, but even i hate that jumping into the defender ****.

hawks up one after being down 26.

Back