NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Who knows if they will win the series, but it’s been great seeing him outplay Embiid down the stretch the past couple games. Seeing a Jayhawk gag two free throws in crunch time is good for the soul.

Thanks for that.

I was at the Mets game tonight, but following the basketball score on my phone, but my battery was running low so I stopped checking. I thought there was no way the Hawks would come back in that one.

As a lifelong Mets fan, and a guy whose favorite athlete in any sport is deGrom, I can’t begin to tell you how jealous this makes me. Let’s just hope his shoulder issue isn’t serious. Do you go to many games?

As a lifelong Mets fan, and a guy whose favorite athlete in any sport is deGrom, I can’t begin to tell you how jealous this makes me. Let’s just hope his shoulder issue isn’t serious. Do you go to many games?

Three so far this season. I was there on Friday, when they opened up the seats sales quite a bit. Padres in town, deGrom on the mound and nearly 30K fans in the stands (compared to the 10-12K they had been allowing in).

The place was going nuts. It was one of the most entertaining and exciting baseball games I've ever attended. He's having a historic season and the Mets fans are right there with him. I haven't seen excitement like this about a Mets pitcher since Dwight Gooden burst on the scene.

Tonight, for deGrom's first at-bat, everyone was standing -- a standing O for a starting pitcher coming to the plate. And he delivered an RBI single.

His batting average is .423. He has six RBIs, two more than his earned runs allowed, and he has the best ERA in baseball history for this stage of the season (0.54, 11 games in). 111 strikeouts in 67 innings; just 8 walks. If he can get past the nagging injuries, he'll be the MVP, of that I'm convinced. And I'm going to attend as many of his starts as I can.

Last edited:
Three so far this season. I was there on Friday, when they opened up the seats sales quite a bit. Padres in town, deGrom on the mound and nearly 30K fans in the stands (compared to the 10-12K they had been allowing in).

The place was going nuts. It was one of the most entertaining and exciting baseball games I've ever attended. He's having a historic season and the Mets fans are right there with him. I haven't seen excitement like this about a Mets pitcher since Dwight Gooden burst on the scene.

And I thought it was David Cone/Cohen!

The Hawks have a nice core trio lead by Trae. However, they're not winning this series without Deandre Hunter. That game-one win was impressive, but they're not doing that four times without him. Next season, with both Hunter and Reddish coming back, if they can keep Williams and Gallinari (need that offense coming off the bench), they could be one of the best teams in the NBA.

Well, this post hasn’t aged too well, regardless of how this series plays out. I’m just not sure if it’s my ineptness as a prognosticator, or the fact that the Sixers have been horrifically bad at the most inopportune times. I really thought this series would end in 5 games, but rooting for the Hawks because of Trae. He was amazing again down the stretch last night.

well crap...I turned it off ...it was a blow out..damn:ez-roll:

Trae Young >>> Ben Simmons

How can a guy be a superstar if: 1. He Doesn't shoot. (Simmons attempted zero shots in the second half) 2. Has to sit during crunch-time because he's such a horrific free-throw shooter.

Players with 5 30+ point road games in their first playoff runs. Rick Barry, Lebron James and Trae Young

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, this post hasn’t aged too well, regardless of how this series plays out. I’m just not sure if it’s my ineptness as a prognosticator, or the fact that the Sixers have been horrifically bad at the most inopportune times. I really thought this series would end in 5 games, but rooting for the Hawks because of Trae. He was amazing again down the stretch last night.

i thought hunter would be missed more as well. it's another reason why this is so remarkable, because they were basically winning because of five inexperienced players. the last game was the first one they don't win without the contributions from gallo and lou williams.

gotta close it out tonight. much more pressure now to not let it go to a game 7. but i expect bogdanovic to get it going tonight.

Hawks had a good first quarter. Trae with 11 and Hawks up 29-22

Ice Trae with 20 points at the half. 51-47 Hawks lead at halftime.

Here to say how VERY wrong I was about TY as an NBA player. I whiffed big time on that one. I still think something was weird/off during his time in Norman, but in terms of what he is in the NBA? Well, I missed badly there. I didn’t think he’d be a bust, but I thought his upside would be Lou Williams— an explosive scorer/6th man/one trick pony type of player that would play many years in NBA, but not be worthy of a top 5 pick. And I was pretty adamant that he would not be able to hold Steph’s jock. Well, TY might actually be ahead of Steph if you look at each of them in year 3. He certainly still has a ways to go to get to that “leader of a title team” status, but in year 3 he doesn’t need to be there yet (or anywhere close). He has a bunch of flaws in his game, but his good is SO good that it basically erases the other stuff. Assuming he improves that other stuff, he will just get better and better and more dangerous and efficient. I also like how the Hawks made a conscious effort to provide him with vets and not just go the 21 and under route on their roster. Losing is a disease and if you do it too long, it will kill you. Anyway, just thought it was appropriate to publicly state that I can add this one to my list of sports take misses.

He's keeping he Hawks in it. Seth Curry is having a 2nd half for Philly. Sixers up 5

Trae's big game isn't enough as Bagdonavich got hurt and had to miss most of the 2nd half. 104-99 final going to game 7.

Back