NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

This is one of the worst playoffs I've ever seen, but I'll enjoy them if Trae somehow gets a ring.

Lack of power definitely has its drawbacks. But the games have been very good. Final game with the Jazz/Clippers was the best game I’ve seen all year, even without Kawhi. KD doing it by himself was impressive. CP3 making 10 straight shots. Atlanta making it this far with Huerter being the game 7 hero. With most people rooting against the nets & Lakers I’ll be interested to see the ratings from here on out.

Lack of power definitely has its drawbacks. But the games have been very good. Final game with the Jazz/Clippers was the best game I’ve seen all year, even without Kawhi. KD doing it by himself was impressive. CP3 making 10 straight shots. Atlanta making it this far with Huerter being the game 7 hero. With most people rooting against the nets & Lakers I’ll be interested to see the ratings from here on out.
Apparently since the Lakers went out the ratings are higher. They were pretty low first round. We will see about the conference finals. Phoenix is up 2-0 without CP3, but both games were close.

Apparently since the Lakers went out the ratings are higher. They were pretty low first round. We will see about the conference finals. Phoenix is up 2-0 without CP3, but both games were close.

Yeah a lot of people refuse to watch Lebrun.

More people naturally tune in as the playoffs progress. Don't think it had anything to do with Lebron.

Yes, the games have been good and there have been more unexpected storylines than usual. I would just rather see the best players battling it out rather than a war of attrition.

Yes, the games have been good and there have been more unexpected storylines than usual. I would just rather see the best players battling it out rather than a war of attrition.

I agree. I do like that the teams with superstars that teamed up are out though.

I agree. I do like that the teams with superstars that teamed up are out though.

agreed. i only feel sorry for utah and denver. i mean i do hate seeing a title decided by so many injuries. but it has been a fantastic playoffs. ratings are up too, when they were way down during the bubble, i believe.

just hope the series is competitive, and that trae gets his teammates involved and limits the 30-footers.

More people naturally tune in as the playoffs progress. Don't think it had anything to do with Lebron.

They are up big from the last few years and they were apparently a little flat for the first round compared to past years. Granted it's near the lowest rated period ratings wise since the 70s still.

I had the volume down so I didn't notice Marv Albert is calling this one. I thought the reports said he was done after the semis, guess not. Good to hear him though.

Trae just had a nice assist to give the Hawks a 1 point lead.

Well can't watch the rest of this one, because I gotta get up at 5am. But the Hawks are hanging around. Only down 5. Young with 25. Milwaukee is a deeper team so it'll be tough.

Well can't watch the rest of this one, because I gotta get up at 5am. But the Hawks are hanging around. Only down 5. Young with 25. Milwaukee is a deeper team so it'll be tough.

Now has 37 points after 3rd quarter. Would be nice if he could top 50 in a winning effort.

And Trae only notches 48 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds in the win. Game 1 in the bag for the Hawks.

Last edited:

Well, you missed a great second half, Nick! The Hawks pulled off the upset 116-113. Trae led the way with 48 points! He could have had 50+, but his shooting cooled off a bit in the 4th quarter...got most of his points late on some clutch free throw shooting.

Reggie Miller: "You can now call him (Trae) a superstar. It's official".

Considering the situation that had to be the best game a Sooner has ever had in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Considering the situation that had to be the best game a Sooner has ever had in the NBA.

And against Jrue Holiday -- a guy brought in specifically for this situation. Incredible.

Blake has some pretty fantastic playoff stat lines ..
Yeah didn't make it to a conference finals and the most he averaged in a series was like 27 or so I think.

There are currently 2 players in NBA history to average 30+ per game in the playoffs. Jordan and Trae Young. I don't see Trae keeping that up, but he's having an elite run.

That pass off the backboard was insane.

Back