NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Buddy with 18 points. Blake with 9 points 4 rebounds 3 assists in a Kings 112-101 win.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hawks are playing some of the best basketball in the NBA. Seems like this happens every time the John Collins trade rumors pop up. :ez-roll:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1491119402317594627[/TWEET]

Glad Buddy is out of Sacramento, but sure wish he had been dealt to a contender.

Buddy had 16 points, 8 assists, 9 rebounds in 39 minutes in the Pacers' loss to the Cavs tonight.

Trey had 18 points, 11 assists and 4 rebounds and steal in the Hawks' loss to the Spurs.

Reaves got some major love from the national announcers (and his teammates) in tonight's Lakers-Warriors match-up (it was a great game). Austin scored 13 points on 6-6 shooting, had 2 assists, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks, and if Klay Thompson hadn't been on fire or the Lakers hadn't missed some late bunnies or Lebron had made his three free throws to tie the game with 2 seconds left (he hit missed the first and so had to miss the last one on purpose), LA might have pulled it out. 117-115

Reaves got some major love from the national announcers (and his teammates) in tonight's Lakers-Warriors match-up (it was a great game). Austin scored 13 points on 6-6 shooting, had 2 assists, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks, and if Klay Thompson hadn't been on fire or the Lakers hadn't missed some late bunnies or Lebron had made his three free throws to tie the game with 2 seconds left (he hit missed the first and so had to miss the last one on purpose), LA might have pulled it out. 117-115

Yea but thank goodness he isn’t on our team any more … we were better off without him last season, remember? ;)

Yea but thank goodness he isn’t on our team any more … we were better off without him last season, remember? ;)

One thing about Reaves that Jeff Van Gundy said was: "He understands the game of basketball". I guess that would be one way to say he has a "high basketball IQ". No question for anyone watching last night would clearly see he was making a lot of intelligent decisions with and without the ball in his hands.

Since I'm not one for revision history, I don't remember him always make those same great decisions the previous two years. I'm guessing others saw those same bone-headed decisions as me, but even with one win without him, it should have been more than obvious we were better off with him than without him. My best guess is he tried to do too much...perhaps he didn't think there was enough talent on the team, I don't know. But here is what I do know. If he played this way more often last year, he would have been drafted at some point in the second round.

One thing about Reaves that Jeff Van Gundy said was: "He understands the game of basketball". I guess that would be one way to say he has a "high basketball IQ". No question for anyone watching last night would clearly see he was making a lot of intelligent decisions with and without the ball in his hands.

Since I'm not one for revision history, I don't remember him always make those same great decisions the previous two years. I'm guessing others saw those same bone-headed decisions as me, but even with one win without him, it should have been more than obvious we were better off with him than without him. My best guess is he tried to do too much...perhaps he didn't think there was enough talent on the team, I don't know. But here is what I do know. If he played this way more often last year, he would have been drafted at some point in the second round.

He was going to be drafted in the second round but he and his agent expressly told teams not to take him because they already had the guaranteed deal with LA worked out and knew that was a better situation.

As for his decision making, totally different circumstances led to different decisions. Reaves always does what he thinks gives his team the best chance of winning. On a roster with future hall of famers, that often means doing the little things and only shooting a few times a game. On the roster we had last year, it meant being very aggressive offensively. He didn’t always make the right decision, but it was never a matter of not having a high basketball IQ. When you are far and away the best offensive player on your team, you sometimes take bad shots. It comes with the territory.

Buddy had 13 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, a block and a steal, but he went 1-13 from deep (yikes) in a loss to the Timberwolves.

Trae with 41 points 9 assists Hawks beat Cavs 124-116

Buddy having a big game against Milwaukee

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Buddy with 36 points 8 3s. But Pacers lost to Milwaukee 128-119

Trae with 22 points 6 assists in a win over Orlando

Blake with 8 points in a come back win for the Nets over the collapsing Knicks.

from the other night

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1494494589708685313?s=20&t=vmYCmwfu93c35RJc6UXzzQ[/TWEET]

Back