NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

This Laker team has a lot of scrubs. Russ may not be helping, but dumping him isn't going to magically turn things around.

Dumping him may not, but they could have gotten Buddy and Myles Turner in a deal involving him, and that would have made them much better by addressing their biggest need.

Buddy with a big game 25 points 5 rebounds. Pacers win over Washington 127-117

Blake 7 points in 12 minutes. Celtics lose to the Cavs 132-123

Trae with 36 points, 12 assists. ATL beats DET 136-112

Austin Reaves 12 points and 7 rebounds, 3 assists. Lakers lose 111-102.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Buddy with a big game 25 points 5 rebounds. Pacers win over Washington 127-117

Blake 7 points in 12 minutes. Celtics lose to the Cavs 132-123

Trae with 36 points, 12 assists. ATL beats DET 136-112

Austin Reaves 12 points and 7 rebounds, 3 assists. Lakers lose 111-102.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Since 7 points is a lot for Blake at this stage of his career, can we bottle this one up? I'm not sure there will be a better night this year for the NBA Sooner foursome as all of them played extremely well on the same night.

Since 7 points is a lot for Blake at this stage of his career, can we bottle this one up? I'm not sure there will be a better night this year for the NBA Sooner foursome as all of them played extremely well on the same night.

Reaves and Buddy will play better games.

Dumping him may not, but they could have gotten Buddy and Myles Turner in a deal involving him, and that would have made them much better by addressing their biggest need.

I agree that Buddy would have been a better fit, and at a lesser price. Can't go back in time, though. I doubt they're going to be able to get a player of Buddy's caliber in return for Russ at this point, unless it means taking on a lot of bad cap, which is unlikely to be worth it. Russ' nearly 50M contract comes off the books this offseason, so it's likely best to just ride this out.

Buddy with 19 points 9 rebounds 8 assists in a win over Brooklyn. Brooklyn has started the season 1-5. So the Lakers are 0-5 and the Nets are 1-5

Trae with a huge game 42 points 5 assists 6 rebounds in a loss to Bucks 123-115

Buddy with 19 points 9 rebounds 8 assists in a win over Brooklyn. Brooklyn has started the season 1-5. So the Lakers are 0-5 and the Nets are 1-5

Trae with a huge game 42 points 5 assists 6 rebounds in a loss to Bucks 123-115

I'm happy to see that Trae is finally hitting a decent percentage of his shots...he got off to a terrible start shooting percentage wise. As for Buddy, he is playing great, but he's experiencing deja vu. He's on another bad team which lacks quality bigs, but has a new draft pick SG (B Mathurin) making great strides that could cut into his playing time.

I'm happy to see that Trae is finally hitting a decent percentage of his shots...he got off to a terrible start shooting percentage wise. As for Buddy, he is playing great, but he's experiencing deja vu. He's on another bad team which lacks quality bigs, but has a new draft pick SG (B Mathurin) making great strides that could cut into his playing time.

I think (hope) he’s likely to be traded during the season. It makes no sense for them to keep him since they probably are more interested in losing games and improving their draft odds. I just hope he finally goes to a good team.

I agree that Buddy would have been a better fit, and at a lesser price. Can't go back in time, though. I doubt they're going to be able to get a player of Buddy's caliber in return for Russ at this point, unless it means taking on a lot of bad cap, which is unlikely to be worth it. Russ' nearly 50M contract comes off the books this offseason, so it's likely best to just ride this out.

I think they would like to just ride it out, but I'm not sure the pressure of losing big won't make them try to make a trade. Anyone who trades with them only wants their 1st round picks, so getting someone to take RW's expiring contract will likely have to include 1st round draft picks, which Pelinka is trying to keep.

Watching NBA League Pass, I heard some announcers talking about the Lakers, and I think they said the only players under contract for next year are LBJ, AD, and Reaves. All of the guys they brought in are on one year contracts, which means for the third straight season, they will have to piece a team together.

I thought it would be better under Jeannie Buss, but I'm starting to wonder....

I think they would like to just ride it out, but I'm not sure the pressure of losing big won't make them try to make a trade. Anyone who trades with them only wants their 1st round picks, so getting someone to take RW's expiring contract will likely have to include 1st round draft picks, which Pelinka is trying to keep.

Watching NBA League Pass, I heard some announcers talking about the Lakers, and I think they said the only players under contract for next year are LBJ, AD, and Reaves. All of the guys they brought in are on one year contracts, which means for the third straight season, they will have to piece a team together.

I thought it would be better under Jeannie Buss, but I'm starting to wonder....

Seems like the Lakers want to play to get a top 2 pick and get Wambanya or Henderson.

They need to take at looking at trading someone like AD for a high draft pick then. Cause they ain't got nothing else left to really build on.

They need to take at looking at trading someone like AD for a high draft pick then. Cause they ain't got nothing else left to really build on.

they have a westbrook trade floating around but it would take 2 future draft picks to get it done ..

and does adding Buddy Hield and Turner make this lakers team good enough to be a contender?? i doubt it ..

they have a westbrook trade floating around but it would take 2 future draft picks to get it done ..

and does adding Buddy Hield and Turner make this lakers team good enough to be a contender?? i doubt it ..

Contender, maybe not. But it drastically improves them. They are an atrocious shooting team and you’d be bringing in two shooters and getting rid of a guy who doesn’t even need to be guarded outside the paint. Plus, Westbrook just makes no sense with that roster. He is a ball dominant player, and that doesn’t work on a team with LeBron and AD.

Contender, maybe not. But it drastically improves them. They are an atrocious shooting team and you’d be bringing in two shooters and getting rid of a guy who doesn’t even need to be guarded outside the paint. Plus, Westbrook just makes no sense with that roster. He is a ball dominant player, and that doesn’t work on a team with LeBron and AD.

I agree, but at some point they are going to need assets for the future. LA has always been able to attract free agents, so I still expect them to be a player in free agency.

The game they won, RW came off the bench and provided solid defense, hustle, rebounds, and assists. He played off the ball some, and on the ball some. If he plays like he did in that game, it certainly makes the team better.

for the Lakers "improving" doesn't mean much

Lakers and about championships period .. .. and trading away future picks is not worth it unless it is for a legit shot at a trophy ...

Lebron won't be around in 3 years and they will need those picks to build for the future ..

for the Lakers "improving" doesn't mean much

Lakers and about championships period .. .. and trading away future picks is not worth it unless it is for a legit shot at a trophy ...

Lebron won't be around in 3 years and they will need those picks to build for the future ..

Their goal should be to maximize their chances while LeBron is still there. Getting an elite shooter (Buddy) and another good shooter (Turner), while jettisoning a horrible shooter who still thinks of himself as a star, certainly would be a step in the right direction.

Honestly, though, they put themselves in this situation and I enjoy seeing them flounder, other than the fact it means Reaves is on a bad team. There is speculation that they came into the season wanting to wait till around Thanksgiving to assess things before making any moves. Of course, if they continue to be this inept, the Pacers (and all other teams) will have even more leverage in trade talks.

Back