NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Terry Stotts interviewing for the Lakers opening.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1542256185679691780[/TWEET]

Hawks get Dejounte Murray from the Spurs. This should help Trae.

Just crazy to me. Well done AR. I was a big doubter on this one and i was dead wrong

You weren’t alone! I had AR playing overseas, with almost no chance to see quality time in the NBA. I’m happy to say I missed the mark by a country mile and then some!

Good for you, AR!

Just read Blake Griffin signed a 1 year 3.2m guaranteed contract with the Celtics. If the article was correct when he was released prior to going to Brooklyn, his contract for 75m was paid in full to part ways with him. Sounds unbelievable.

Blake has made lots of money!! Was a great player! Hope he can find one or two more productive seasons and win a Championship.. Boston is banged up to start the year.. He may legit play quite a bit early in the season.

Man would it ever have made sense if the Lakers had pulled the trigger on the deal for Buddy and Myles Turner that the Pacers were willing to make. The Lakers roster is so poorly constructed, and they desperately need shooting. It’ll be interesting to see whether it is a matter of days or weeks before it implodes. They have to get rid of Westbrook.

Man would it ever have made sense if the Lakers had pulled the trigger on the deal for Buddy and Myles Turner that the Pacers were willing to make. The Lakers roster is so poorly constructed, and they desperately need shooting. It’ll be interesting to see whether it is a matter of days or weeks before it implodes. They have to get rid of Westbrook.
Maybe they are trying to tank for the 7-3 guy.

Maybe they are trying to tank for the 7-3 guy.

I don’t think LeBron would be willing to give up a season at this late stage of his career, and I think their fan base would revolt if they go full tank mode. But it’s definitely a terrible roster.

Hawks starting off good with the Trae and Murray doing the dual PG thing. I'm still skeptical it'll work but 25 and 13 for Trae in game 2 after 23 and 13 in game 1. He shot better from 3 in game 2 after only 1-9 in game one. They did play the Rockets and Magic who are pretty bad teams.

Buddy had 16 points 10 rebounds and 13 points 5 rebounds in his first 2 games. 7 3s in 2 games 41% shooting.

Blake had 1 point in 8 minutes in the first game.

Austin Reaves with 3 and 4 points in his two games off the bench

Last edited:
Hawks lost today but 28 points 9 assists 5 rebounds for Trae.

Lakers lost a close game to Portland. Reaves had 7 points 1 assist, 1 steal.

Hawks lost today but 28 points 9 assists 5 rebounds for Trae.

Lakers lost a close game to Portland. Reaves had 7 points 1 assist, 1 steal.

The Westbrook drama at the end of the game just adds to the overall lunacy surrounding that team. That situation may reach a conclusion sooner rather than later.

LeBron trying to play GM is to blame for LA's problems not Russ.

Lakers are 0-4. Reaves 8 points as a starter.

Hawks beat the Pistons 118-113
Trae with 35 points 6 assists.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Both are to blame. Russ has to have enough awareness to understand that his old style of play cannot work with that team, and he needs to be unselfish enough to accept a different role at this stage of his career. And LeBron needs to either become a heck of a lot better at putting rosters together, or he needs to leave that to the actual GM.

Both are to blame. Russ has to have enough awareness to understand that his old style of play cannot work with that team, and he needs to be unselfish enough to accept a different role at this stage of his career. And LeBron needs to either become a heck of a lot better at putting rosters together, or he needs to leave that to the actual GM.

I doubt either will happen, but definitely not the Lebron thing. He's already saying he'll stay until he gets to play with his son (who's probably not an NBA player). So some team will sign him just to get Lebron.

Russ should have realized this long ago. At this point, it is safe to assume he is never changing.

Also, anyone else tired of the Lebron AT&T commercial?

I know it's easy to blame LBJ for everything when so many people hate him for political reasons, but I've been a Laker fan all of my 55 yrs, and I've seen this story before. When Kobe and Shaq couldn't get along, the organization made the SMART decision to keep Kobe who was younger and still in his prime.

Laker fans were livid because Shaq was shipping out, and they blamed Kobe. I remember the we shoulda got rid of the rapist posts, etc. The Lakers struggled because Kobe had a G league cast around him. He threatened to leave in free agency which provoked the team to get Gasol and some good role players, and they won two titles, and Kobe became most beloved.

LBJ came to LA and said he would win a title. He did that, even though it was under different circumstances, and he needed AD to help him get there. They destroyed the roster and got rid of the supporting players who helped them win. I'm sure LBJ had a say so in the process, but to say he made the decisions for the all time winningest team in NBA history is crazy to me.

The truth of the matter is since Dr. Buss passed away, and his kids took over the day-to-day operations, the decisions have been bad. Landing LBJ temporarily stopped the bleeding, and now we see the depleted roster because 3 guys make all of the money.

I hardly believe LBJ asked the team to surround him with a bunch of guys who can't shoot, when his success over the years was tied to rosters loaded with shooters who could spread the floor. I believe he did ask them to sign RW, which is proving to be a bad move at the price they paid. The players they currently have are just like the ones last year, guys off the trash pile because LA has no money or draft picks available.

Anthony Davis looks shaky on his feet, and nothing like the guy he was just 4-5 years ago. Even when he is supposedly healthy, he looks like he's going to collapse every time he makes a physical move. The Lakers won't win anything even if they add a few shooters, without AD playing like Bubble AD.....RW is a horrible fit, and they need to cut their losses and let him go. He's never accepted a lesser role, and that's why he isn't still with Houston and CP3, or in Washington with Beal. He doesn't want to be a 3rd option.

This Laker team has a lot of scrubs. Russ may not be helping, but dumping him isn't going to magically turn things around.

Back