NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Their goal should be to maximize their chances while LeBron is still there. Getting an elite shooter (Buddy) and another good shooter (Turner), while jettisoning a horrible shooter who still thinks of himself as a star, certainly would be a step in the right direction.

Honestly, though, they put themselves in this situation and I enjoy seeing them flounder, other than the fact it means Reaves is on a bad team. There is speculation that they came into the season wanting to wait till around Thanksgiving to assess things before making any moves. Of course, if they continue to be this inept, the Pacers (and all other teams) will have even more leverage in trade talks.

i don't disagree with much of what you said ..

i really dislike Lebron and always have .... and i love the Lakers and always have so it is a bit of a hard situation ...

i want them to get better ... but at some point they can't continue to mortgage the future ..

Lakers are pretty gonna need to start getting good draft picks and young players to turn it around. LeBron has maybe a couple years left at most. AD is always hurt. They really have nothing else on the roster to build around.

Contender, maybe not. But it drastically improves them. They are an atrocious shooting team and you’d be bringing in two shooters and getting rid of a guy who doesn’t even need to be guarded outside the paint. Plus, Westbrook just makes no sense with that roster. He is a ball dominant player, and that doesn’t work on a team with LeBron and AD.

If AD, Lebron, Turner, and Hield were all healthy, I think this team is a contender. Having said that, the lottery odds are similar to AD and Turner being healthy. A lot of people feel that the Lakers are struggling because Lebron and AD lost a step, which may have some truth, but I'm of the belief that if the Lakers still had the supporting cast of the bubble year, they'd still be contending. The Lakers aren't just missing 3-pointers -- they're missing WIDE OPEN 3-pointers. There are no repercussions to double and triple-teaming Lebron at the basket. With how many open looks the Lakers have on the perimeter, some analysts are talking about this team being arguably the worst shooting team of all-time.

I didn't think that guys like KCP, Danny Green, Caruso, Kuzma, etc would be hard to replace, but Pelinka proved me wrong. People talk about the Lakers not bringing in "good fits alongside Lebron," but there are about 5 guys who don't belong on any NBA roster. There are so many scrubs on this roster.

Lakers are pretty gonna need to start getting good draft picks and young players to turn it around. LeBron has maybe a couple years left at most. AD is always hurt. They really have nothing else on the roster to build around.

Picks are out of the question. They just have to hope that Lebron and AD play well enough next year to opt out of the final year of their contract. Lakers will have no trouble bringing in a star FA as long as they don't have to live in the shadow of a guy like Kobe or Lebron.

At least the Lakers are joined in misery from the Warriors this year who also look like they suck this year even though they still have their entire roster from a championship team back.

Austin Reaves has been doing okay around 5 points last night with 2 blocks and 1 steal 2 rebounds 3 assists. Lakers lost to the Jazz.

Buddy with 25 points and 9 rebounds last night in a win over Miami. He's at 18.6 ppg and 5.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists

Trae Young is averaging 27.5 ppg and 9.4 assists. Had 17 points 7 assists and 6 rebounds in the last game before getting hurt. Is listed as day to day.

Blake has not played in a week.

Trae Young coming off an injury dropped 34 points 10 assists 2 steals. Not bad. Atlanta beats the Pelicans.

Blake played for Boston tonight 7 points 2 assists in 15 minutes. Boston beat the Knicks 133-118

AR with the start for the lakers 11 points 4 boards 1 ast . in a loss ..

Buddy with 20 2 and 5 ast for the Pacers in a win

Blake was a DNP

Trae was out with a shin injury ..

AR with the start for the lakers 11 points 4 boards 1 ast . in a loss ..

Buddy with 20 2 and 5 ast for the Pacers in a win

Blake was a DNP

Trae was out with a shin injury ..

I saw on one of the Lakers podcasts, there was a family from Oklahoma who is currently living in Utah, and they wore Sooner gear to the game last night. After the game, AR hung out with them, took pictures, and got some stuff signed by the players for their son. Really cook gesture.

Trae came back Wed 22 points 9 assists in a losst to Utah. Then had 26 points 7 assists in a win over Philly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Austin Reaves with a huge game. 19 points 5 rebounds. Lakers lost and have 10 of them now.

Austin Reaves with a huge game. 19 points 5 rebounds. Lakers lost and have 10 of them now.

AR with another good game as a starter .. 15 and 3 in the Lakers win over the NETS

BG got a DNP last night for the Celtics ..

Trae with 21 and 9 last night in a win for the Hawks .

and BH with 22 and 8 in a win over the weekend for the Pacers

AR with another good game as a starter .. 15 and 3 in the Lakers win over the NETS

BG got a DNP last night for the Celtics ..

Trae with 21 and 9 last night in a win for the Hawks .

and BH with 22 and 8 in a win over the weekend for the Pacers

AR is also playing great defense, and is usually guarding one of the other team's top two perimeter players. He totally understands the game, and is probably the smartest basketball IQ besides LBJ....

Buddy with 19 and 4 ast last night in a win vs the Hornets

BG with 0 points 2 boards 1ast in a win vs the Hawks

TY with 27 and 9 and 5 in the loss ..

Trae with a game winning assist. 18 points 4 assists 4 steals in a win over Toronto 124-122

Buddy with 15 points in a win over Orlando 114-113

TY with 25 and 10 (and 6 TO) in a loss to the Cavs

Buddy with 9 and 5 (1 for 10 from 3) in a win vs the Magic

BG with a DNP in the Celtics loss ..

I follow the NBA close enough which I should be making an occasional contribution here as well.

Last night, Austin Reaves had another terrific game with 16 points off the bench (6-7 shooting) in a Lakers victory. He is averaging north of 10 PPG on the season (I did not see that coming) and north of 50% FG%!

Friday night, Buddy Hield had a great game with 26 as the Pacers beat the Nets. Although still a little streaky, Buddy is doing better than his career averages pretty much across the board, and is averaging 17.7 PPG on the season. He is also closing in on 1500 career 3-pointers made, and is currently #44 in NBA history (should be top 35 by season's end if he stays healthy).

Finally, Trae Young with a monster 44-point game Friday night in a Hawks loss. He is averaging 28.6 PPG on the season. His shooting is finally coming around, though his 3-point PCT is still slightly below the acceptable minimum of 33%.

Back