NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

The too small move is the cringiest thing I've ever seen in my life

It should be an automatic technical (or unsportsmanlike conduct call in football).

Having said that, no fouls/penalties should be assessed if you use the move on pat bev. Guy is a piece of garbage.

It should be an automatic technical (or unsportsmanlike conduct call in football).

Having said that, no fouls/penalties should be assessed if you use the move on pat bev. Guy is a piece of garbage.

i think there should be almost 0 penalties for that in the NBA or NFL

college sure not for pros

Trae had 27 points and 20 assists in a loss to the 76ers tonight. He's the first player in franchise history to score at least 25 points and have 20 assists.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1645461169459843072?s=20[/TWEET]

great sit down with AR

As for an NBA Sooners regular season recap, I'll start with the great Blake Griffin. He's the best-ever NBA Sooner of all time by a pretty wide margin, but with no functioning knees, I'm guessing this is his last season. I can only hope that he has a great play or two in him during the Celtics postseason.

My main frustrations with Trae Young are that: 1) like in college, he does not make his teammates better, and 2) he has regressed as a 3-point shooter. Still, when a player averages 26+ PPG and 10+ Assists, that's a darn good player. I just thought at this point of his career, he would have made noticeable improvements in other areas.

Buddy Hield has still never played in the postseason. However, he has improved his defense evidenced by 1.2 steals per game - easily a career high. He also had his best all-around season since his "career year" of 2019. Finally, he's now in the top-30 (#29) in all-time 3-point shots made. If he has a typical year next season, he will be in the top-20, maybe top-15.

Saving the best for last, how about the improvements Austin Reeves has made! From undrafted to 13 PPG on nearly 53% shooting! That young man is going to get PAID next season. First things first. At the moment, he is the Lakers fourth best player and will be counted on heavily in the play-in tournament and hopefully against #2 seed Memphis.

As for an NBA Sooners regular season recap, I'll start with the great Blake Griffin. He's the best-ever NBA Sooner of all time by a pretty wide margin, but with no functioning knees, I'm guessing this is his last season. I can only hope that he has a great play or two in him during the Celtics postseason.

My main frustrations with Trae Young are that: 1) like in college, he does not make his teammates better, and 2) he has regressed as a 3-point shooter. Still, when a player averages 26+ PPG and 10+ Assists, that's a darn good player. I just thought at this point of his career, he would have made noticeable improvements in other areas.

Buddy Hield has still never played in the postseason. However, he has improved his defense evidenced by 1.2 steals per game - easily a career high. He also had his best all-around season since his "career year" of 2019. Finally, he's now in the top-30 (#29) in all-time 3-point shots made. If he has a typical year next season, he will be in the top-20, maybe top-15.

Saving the best for last, how about the improvements Austin Reeves has made! From undrafted to 13 PPG on nearly 53% shooting! That young man is going to get PAID next season. First things first. At the moment, he is the Lakers fourth best player and will be counted on heavily in the play-in tournament and hopefully against #2 seed Memphis.

I see a viral post on facebook from time to time of the odds of current players to get into the hall of fame.. there is a big drop off of numbers and it goes to BG who i believe has a 55% chance..

man, if only he can rip off a few surprises here at the end or squeeze out another season or so getting some extra numbers

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

I see a viral post on facebook from time to time of the odds of current players to get into the hall of fame.. there is a big drop off of numbers and it goes to BG who i believe has a 55% chance..

man, if only he can rip off a few surprises here at the end or squeeze out another season or so getting some extra numbers

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

Granted, I'm biased, but here is why I'm closer to 90% sure that BG is going to be inducted in Springfield at some point. First off, the basketball HOF is easier to get into than any of the other major sports. Bruce Drake is enshrined and he neither played or coached in the NBA. The basketball HOF counts what a player did in college (besides Drake, think Pete Maravich who had less NBA All-Star selections than Blake).

Blake was the National POY in college, and yes, that will get factored in. Also, the basketball HOF has a tendency to enshrine players who were great for a short period of time (think Bill Walton, Yao Ming and Ralph Sampson), but could not stay healthy. Blake had 6 healthy years and he was selected to the All-Star game all 6 years. That will get factored in. Finally, Blake was a human highlight reel when he played, and that will get factored in as well.

Good stuff, WaymanFan!

We have some great Sooners in the league! Pretty impressive. What BG did and has done was special! He was must watch TV in college and those first 6-7 years in the league. The last few years have been rough, but from everything that I have read his teammates love him and he's willing to be a team player.. do the dirty work, play defense and take charges type of guy when he does get in. I really hope he gets some important minutes this postseason and wins himself a Championship. (may need a ring to get in HOF)

Buddy needs to be traded to a good team that needs a solid starting wing/shooter or 6th man type. Too bad he's not with the Kings at this point.. weird how that all worked out, but he got his money!

Trae, the Hawks are just in a weird situation. What do you really have there? A bunch of under 25 year old talented dudes, but seems like they don't mesh well. Collins got paid and looks to be happy and just chilling. Hunter is solid, I like Murray, Bogdanovic's contract needs to go.

Reaves about to ice Game One for the Lakers. 23 points with 14 in the fourth. One minute left.

Reaves about to ice Game One for the Lakers. 23 points with 14 in the fourth. One minute left.

Would have been impressive even for prime Lebron to finish the game that way. Looked like a genuine superstar. If free agency started tomorrow, he officially priced himself out of the Lakers price range.

Back