NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Trae with 38 points and 13 assists including a dagger 3 from the logo that put the hawks ahead with 1.8 to go. Wow

Yeah, what a 4th quarter (and overall game) for Trae Young! Loved that 30-foot 3-pt shot with 1.8 seconds left, and his "ice cold" response. If you didn't watch it live, check the highlights!

Not a fan of TY at all, but he played a great game and that was a cold blooded way to close it out.

Not a fan of TY at all, but he played a great game and that was a cold blooded way to close it out.

That 3 was insane!!!! His body language showed he fully expected to make that shot. Are they better when Murray or Trae is out? I'm not sure those two fit together very well.

That 3 was insane!!!! His body language showed he fully expected to make that shot. Are they better when Murray or Trae is out? I'm not sure those two fit together very well.

i think it is fair that their O works better with only 1 of them on the court ..

but on D Murray is very very good ...

bottom line they should stager them (although TY played 44 min last night so "stagger" would have been only 4 min difference) ..

The disrespect Trae Young receives is perplexing. He's one of the best point guards in the league. If the Hawks would surround him with shooters they would be outstanding. I love it when Bogdanovic is on the floor with him. I thought they should have kept Huerter. Capela is okay but they really need a guy that can stretch the floor.

The disrespect Trae Young receives is perplexing. He's one of the best point guards in the league. If the Hawks would surround him with shooters they would be outstanding. I love it when Bogdanovic is on the floor with him. I thought they should have kept Huerter. Capela is okay but they really need a guy that can stretch the floor.

i think some criticism is fine and deserved but in todays hot take all or nothing media it has gone way way to far ..

and what is sometimes lost is that he is a great playmaker and an amazing passer ..

and tends to hit big shots ..

i think some criticism is fine and deserved but in todays hot take all or nothing media it has gone way way to far ..

and what is sometimes lost is that he is a great playmaker and an amazing passer ..

and tends to hit big shots ..

Yep, he would have had about 30 assists if some of his teammates could make an 8 foot shot

By the way, it hurts my heart to see that Blake is basically a mascot for the Celtics and he has to cheer for the flopper

By the way, it hurts my heart to see that Blake is basically a mascot for the Celtics and he has to cheer for the flopper

I hold out some hope he will have at least one moment in the playoffs. There might be one game where they need him because of matchups or injuries or fouls. That’s kind of how they have used him all season and he’s done an amazing job staying ready when called upon.

I hold out some hope he will have at least one moment in the playoffs. There might be one game where they need him because of matchups or injuries or fouls. That’s kind of how they have used him all season and he’s done an amazing job staying ready when called upon.

He played last night for about 10 minutes and looked so slow and limited. It's sad.

I'll be one to admit I don't like TY at all. He was absolutely amazing last night. He gets assists but doesn't make his teammates better, there always seems to be a discontent. You also have to have a rim protector like Capela when TY plays because the defense is laughable. Imo he's worse on defense than he is good on offense.

I'll be one to admit I don't like TY at all. He was absolutely amazing last night. He gets assists but doesn't make his teammates better, there always seems to be a discontent. You also have to have a rim protector like Capela when TY plays because the defense is laughable. Imo he's worse on defense than he is good on offense.

He made some really good defensive plays down the stretch including a steal in a crucial situation last night. He's never going to be Andre Roberson but he's good enough. A bunch of players don't play any defense either so don't single out TY. I think he makes his teammates better simply because they get tons of dunks and open looks, they just have to make them.

Like I stated above, he needs shooters around him and Atlanta doesn't have a lot of guys that can shoot.

He made some really good defensive plays down the stretch including a steal in a crucial situation last night. He's never going to be Andre Roberson but he's good enough. A bunch of players don't play any defense either so don't single out TY. I think he makes his teammates better simply because they get tons of dunks and open looks, they just have to make them.

Like I stated above, he needs shooters around him and Atlanta doesn't have a lot of guys that can shoot.

How am I singling him out? This is a discussion about him, I never said he was the only one who didn't play defense. He goes for steals all the time and constantly gets beat. I generally don't like players who don't give effort on defense. Mixed in he's from Oklahoma & went to OU so I've seen him a bunch. It generally looks like his teammates don't like playing with him.

How am I singling him out? This is a discussion about him, I never said he was the only one who didn't play defense. He goes for steals all the time and constantly gets beat. I generally don't like players who don't give effort on defense. Mixed in he's from Oklahoma & went to OU so I've seen him a bunch. It generally looks like his teammates don't like playing with him.

Sorry, I'm just saying if you don't like him because of his lack of defense then there must be a whole bunch of other players in the NBA you don't like. I've watched lots of Hawks games and I do not get the impression that his teammates don't like playing with him, but I guess that's open to interpretation.

Yes I will die on the hill of defending TY, maybe it's irrational lol.

Sorry, I'm just saying if you don't like him because of his lack of defense then there must be a whole bunch of other players in the NBA you don't like. I've watched lots of Hawks games and I do not get the impression that his teammates don't like playing with him, but I guess that's open to interpretation.

Yes I will die on the hill of defending TY, maybe it's irrational lol.

Yes, there are a bunch of players I don't like because of the lack of effort on defense. I just think it's the whole dribble around for 15-20 seconds and he either shoots or passes for an assist. The ball isn't moving around and then coming back to him, it just stays with him.

Again just my opinion & preference, I definitely understand why people like him and his game.

i think it is fair that their O works better with only 1 of them on the court ..

but on D Murray is very very good ...

bottom line they should stager them (although TY played 44 min last night so "stagger" would have been only 4 min difference) ..

I agree. Murray is very good. When he wants to, he can be very disruptive defensively also.

Back