NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Would have been impressive even for prime Lebron to finish the game that way. Looked like a genuine superstar. If free agency started tomorrow, he officially priced himself out of the Lakers price range.

He's certainly got the clutch gene. So glad he wears the purple & gold.

Austin Reaves frustrated me more his last two seasons than just about any Sooner I can recall. Even then, though, you could see that inner "something" that morphed into a takeover Alpha at the end of games. He's one billion times the pro I ever thought he'd be, and the maneuvering done by he and his agent prior to the draft has proven to be a masterclass.

Pay the man his money. I could not be more proud of him. Got his shot and has made the most of it to the tune of eight figures......so far.

Would have been impressive even for prime Lebron to finish the game that way. Looked like a genuine superstar. If free agency started tomorrow, he officially priced himself out of the Lakers price range.

Fortunately they can match any offer

WOW! He just keeps surprising. At some point I'll just expect it. What's the largest contract he can be offered as a 2nd year player?

Found this https://en.as.com/nba/austin-reaves-contract-situation-with-the-lakers-salary-years-left-n-2/

looks like 50+mil for 4yrs

The max the Lakers can offer him will be 4 years/$50M. However, if he signs a deal with another team it would be 4 years/$98M.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...le-may-make-it-hard-for-la-to-pay-him-for-it/

AR15 about to be a $100 million man!

Blake is at 14 years 258.6 mil career .. 2.9 mil vet min this season (FA after the season he is a vet min guy going forward)

Buddy is at 7 years 84.8 mil career .. 20.5 mil this season 18.5 guaranteed next year in final year of deal (up to 22 with incentives)

TY is at 5 years 63.2 mil .. 37 mil this season 4 years 178 remaining on his deal

AR is at 2 years 2.49 mil .. 1.56 this season (FA after the season)

early bird RFA Lakers can offer 4 for 50 other teams can offer a backloaded 4 for 100 deal .. Lakers can match any offer ..

For us Laker fans, it was a beautiful thing to see AR come through late, and old man LBJ turn back the clock in OT.....

I’m a Laker fan again, thanks to LR! He has definitely been a breath of fresh air!

Truth is, I have always been a Laker fan! When one can trace his allegiance to the Lakers back to the days Jerry West was a player, it’s impossible to walk away completely! I can’t deny that I still struggle with accepting LBJ, but I admire his immense talent and his incredible longevity! I’m also adjusting to seeing him in a Laker uniform!

Thanks for the heads up on last night’s game, Jmizzy! I’ll confess that I missed the OT heroics when I fell asleep in the fourth quarter! :)

Blake is at 14 years 258.6 mil career .. 2.9 mil vet min this season (FA after the season he is a vet min guy going forward)

Buddy is at 7 years 84.8 mil career .. 20.5 mil this season 18.5 guaranteed next year in final year of deal (up to 22 with incentives)

TY is at 5 years 63.2 mil .. 37 mil this season 4 years 178 remaining on his deal

AR is at 2 years 2.49 mil .. 1.56 this season (FA after the season)

early bird RFA Lakers can offer 4 for 50 other teams can offer a backloaded 4 for 100 deal .. Lakers can match any offer ..

Crazy how much TY gets paid compared to BH. Almost double.

I’m a Laker fan again, thanks to LR! He has definitely been a breath of fresh air!

Truth is, I have always been a Laker fan! When one can trace his allegiance to the Lakers back to the days Jerry West was a player, it’s impossible to walk away completely! I can’t deny that I still struggle with accepting LBJ, but I admire his immense talent and his incredible longevity! I’m also adjusting to seeing him in a Laker uniform!

Thanks for the heads up on last night’s game, Jmizzy! I’ll confess that I missed the OT heroics when I fell asleep in the fourth quarter! :)

I really felt this my friend. I spent many years disliking LBJ and Westbrook, so I wasn't super happy when we got either of them. With LBJ I looked closely at the stuff he has done to help his community, and how he made sure all of his friends growing up had a chance to better their lives. He didn't give them money to blow, but he did give them opportunity.

The more I learned about him, the more I started liking him, and the way he seems very much involved as a dad and a husband sealed the deal for me.

I probably would not have ever liked him if he didn't join my favorite team. Kobe will always be in my top 5 Lakers of all time, but I also know he was hard to like for non-Laker fans. He really endeared himself to many people, especially women, with the way he embraced his daughters, and the women's game after retirement. Getting older changes many of our perspectives, and I truly believe Kobe was on his way to becoming a great leader outside of basketball, before his tragic death. LBJ has the same polarizing presence.... I probably should have went to sleep last night. I'm at work now paying for staying up late to watch the ending....lol

I really felt this my friend. I spent many years disliking LBJ and Westbrook, so I wasn't super happy when we got either of them. With LBJ I looked closely at the stuff he has done to help his community, and how he made sure all of his friends growing up had a chance to better their lives. He didn't give them money to blow, but he did give them opportunity.

The more I learned about him, the more I started liking him, and the way he seems very much involved as a dad and a husband sealed the deal for me.

I probably would not have ever liked him if he didn't join my favorite team. Kobe will always be in my top 5 Lakers of all time, but I also know he was hard to like for non-Laker fans. He really endeared himself to many people, especially women, with the way he embraced his daughters, and the women's game after retirement. Getting older changes many of our perspectives, and I truly believe Kobe was on his way to becoming a great leader outside of basketball, before his tragic death. LBJ has the same polarizing presence.... I probably should have went to sleep last night. I'm at work now paying for staying up late to watch the ending....lol

Great stories, Jmizzy! You’re winning me over! :chestram2:

Trae Young is putting on a show in the 4th quarter. I love watching him play

And I HATE watching Marcus Smart flop all over the place. He’s probably my least favorite player of all time

TRAE FREAKING YOUNG! If you guys aren’t watching you are missing a heck of a game

Back