NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

GSW's insane home/win split continued. Lakers won all 3 at home and just had to steal one road game. Next series will be interesting. One of the few series this year where I don't know who I'd pick.

someone on reddit made a good point that this time it was curry getting no help and having to carry the team, while lebron was the one getting support. pelinka has not been a very good gm imo, but he made his salary at the deadline. just crushed it. incredible job by him putting this team together so late and on the fly. i will be looking forward to watching season 21 of winning time when this gets covered. it’s been kinda fun watching them, but joker is more fun to watch. should be some good games.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1657885844089208839?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1657385169026707457?s=20[/TWEET]

Plays the most minutes with Davis
23 pts, 2 boards, 8 assists on 7 of 14 shooting and 5 of 9 from 3 in Game 1

Pretty decent

Plays the most minutes with Davis
23 pts, 2 boards, 8 assists on 7 of 14 shooting and 5 of 9 from 3 in Game 1

Pretty decent

it was the clutchness of it, and then basically drawing up the final play for him on another slip screen flare or whatever it’s called. there’s a lot of faith there. it’s just crazy.

After a solid career are we seeing the end of Blake Grifiin's playing in the NBA?
He's had a good run and certainly was one of the greatest players to play for OU.

another good game from AR to close out his post season 17 on 6-11 shooting 3 ast and 2 boards ..

for the playoffs he was 17 5 and 4 on 50/36/86 shooting ..

post all star break he was 17/5.5/3 on 58/44/86 shooting ..

he is going to get PAID this summer ..

After a solid career are we seeing the end of Blake Grifiin's playing in the NBA?
He's had a good run and certainly was one of the greatest players to play for OU.

Noooo. I want him to get one more run in the sun

What's the Rubicon for the Lakers regarding Reaves? Would somebody go the "poison pill" route like the Rockets did with Jeremy Lin?

yes and i think the Lakers will still match

Laker insiders are saying they will go all in and match anyone who tries to sign AR or Hachimura. Looks like Russell played himself out of a contract. A bunch of complimentary pieces will probably walk, like Walker, Beasley, Bamba, etc. Lebron, AD, and Vando are the only sure thing unless someone is used in a trade. Russell could be a sign & trade candidate because I believe if LBJ stays they will go hard after Kyrie, if he wants to be in LA.

Can the Lakers afford Hachimura and or AR? I have felt like AR was moving on no matter what honestly. I'd be careful signing with the Lakers because that team will be blown up in 1-2 years.

As far as Blake Griffin goes.. I'm guessing he's going to retire. I really did think he would get some playoff minutes at some point.. I mean Grant Williams is not better.. I really wanted him to get a Championship and maybe that would push him to the HOF, but we shall see. I think it's close at this point for him.

Laker insiders are saying they will go all in and match anyone who tries to sign AR or Hachimura. Looks like Russell played himself out of a contract. A bunch of complimentary pieces will probably walk, like Walker, Beasley, Bamba, etc. Lebron, AD, and Vando are the only sure thing unless someone is used in a trade. Russell could be a sign & trade candidate because I believe if LBJ stays they will go hard after Kyrie, if he wants to be in LA.

I realize it is a talent-driven league and normally it’s best to have as many great players as possible on the roster, but I would avoid Kyrie like the plague at this point.

because I believe if LBJ stays they will go hard after Kyrie, if he wants to be in LA.
yikes-well.gif

What's the Rubicon for the Lakers regarding Reaves? Would somebody go the "poison pill" route like the Rockets did with Jeremy Lin?

There's no contract the Lakers won't match. He needs to be surrounded by bigger and better defenders on the perimeter, but he made it clear he's the third best player on a top 5 team. 20M per year would be a steal for his performance this postseason. He doesn't draw doubles the way Lebron and AD do, but he showed he can take anybody 1-on-1 and score.

I don’t see them moving mountains to keep Rui. Was a great piece for this series, but was barely utilized against other teams like GSW. Definitely want him back, though. I expect guys like Beasley to walk mainly because they fell out of the rotation. Bamba would be a nice piece to return given his size and ability to hit open 3s. Had he been healthy, I wonder if he might have had a breakout postseason like Rui. An offseason of shooting open 3s with Coach Handy could be all Vanderbilt needs for another big payday courtesy of the Lebron/AD Lakers.

Back