>>>>>Oklahoma [4-1] vs. Northern Colorado [2-4] Game Thread <<<<<

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
>>>>>Oklahoma [4-1] vs. Northern Colorado [2-4] Game Thread <<<<<

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211326604

TUESDAY'S GAME BASICS
Oklahoma (4-1) hosts a midweek non-conference matchup against Northern Colorado (2-4) on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 7 p.m. The Sooners have won 14 straight non-conference games at Lloyd Noble Center and own a 2-0 all-time record against the Bears.

ON THE AIR
Tuesday’s contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Oklahoma with Chad McKee and Bryndon Manzer calling the action.

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
• The Sooners enter Tuesday’s matchup against Northern Colorado with a 4-1 record. OU has started all six seasons under head coach Lon Kruger with a record of 4-1 or better. Kruger is the only coach in OU history to start his first six seasons with a 4-1 record or better. In fact, no other Oklahoma coach has begun a year 4-1 more than four times within his first six campaigns.

• Oklahoma has won 124 of its last 129 non-conference games at Lloyd Noble Center, including 58 of its last 60. The Sooners are 32-2 at home and 61-15 overall against non-conference opponents under Kruger. Since the start of the 2013 season, OU has gone 21-1 at the LNC in out-of-conference play and has won 14 straight home non-conference games.

• Khadeem Lattin and Jamuni McNeace are tied for third in the Big 12 in blocks per game with 2.0 rejections. Oklahoma is the only Big 12 team and one of just four teams nationally to boast two players averaging 2.0 blocks or more. McNeace has already rejected more shots this season (10) than all of last year (eight). Lattin ranks fifth in program history with 118 career blocks.

• Oklahoma is limiting its opponents to 37.2 percent field goal shooting (third in Big 12, 27th in NCAA). The Sooners are averaging 9.2 steals and 5.2 blocks per game.

• Tuesday’s contest will serve as the Sooners’ final November game before entering a challenging December schedule. In December, Oklahoma will face ranked opponents No. 17/17 Wisconsin (Dec. 3) and No. 9/11 Baylor (Dec. 30) along with competitive programs Wichita State (Dec. 10), Memphis (Dec. 17) and Auburn (Dec. 21). With the exception of Oral Roberts (Dec. 7), OU’s five other December opponents combine to boast a record of 25-6 (.806).

SERIES HISTORY
• The Sooners own a 2-0 all-time record against the Bears. Tuesday’s game will be the first meeting between Oklahoma and Northern Colorado since 2009 when UNC fell to the Sooners by just one point (80-79).

• Oklahoma is 14-0 against current members of the Big Sky Conference, including 4-0 during the Lon Kruger era.

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [4-1] vs. Northern Colorado [2-4] Pregame Notes <<<<<

Northern Colorado is currently ranked #314 in Kenpom....while OU is #38. NCU is a decent 3-pt shooting team, which gives them a nice e-FG% (in the top 100). And they are good at limiting their opponents offensive rebounding (top 35). Other than that, they are in the bottom quartile of virtually every other advanced metric on Kenpom.

For comparison's sake, they are 10 spots behind Abilene Christian....if that is any indicator.

Interesting that they gave Arizona fits and apparently were within 1 point of them in the second half..

Matt freeman will start.

Doolittle ok?

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [4-1] vs. Northern Colorado [2-4] Game Thread <<<<<

I was late getting home and turning the game on. Was there any particular reason Freeman started instead of Doolittle other than just trying something different?

Good to see Buford knocking down shots

I sure hope the last two games it's just a matter of OU playing down to the competition. Half court offense is bad, ballhandling and basketball IQ is terrible, and closing out 3 point shooters is absolutely attrocious. I know Kruger is Mr. Positive, but sometimes I wish he would lay into them. This team has a long way to go..

Buford showing his athleticism and he's never shy when it comes to shooting. Woodard needs to be a bit sharper w/the ball etc.

Score? I'm at a piano lesson.

I sure hope the last two games it's just a matter of OU playing down to the competition. Half court offense is bad, ballhandling and basketball IQ is terrible, and closing out 3 point shooters is absolutely attrocious. I know Kruger is Mr. Positive, but sometimes I wish he would lay into them. This team has a long way to go..

He seemed to be rather miffed during the last timeout.

Last edited:

FOr anyone that goes to practice, does OU ever work on half court offense? Do they ever screen besides the stretch 4 top of the key screen?

This^^^^^

Our defense looks lost a lot of the time. I'm hoping it can be blamed on the fact that we have a lot of different combinations of players....and being young. Lattin is good at blocking shots.....

I did notice that Texas is losing to Texas-Arlington at the half.:ez-laugh:

Just a poor pass by James!

After sleep walking through the first half, I thought we'd see a more focused offense and more energy on defense. Well, I was wrong. :facepalm

Just turned on the game and I'm shocked by the score. These last two games--what the hell is going on? Are we THAT bad?

I just caught up on my DVR. This team plays hard, but they are very disorganized at times. It's good to see Buford playing fairly well. Our rebounding....I'm going to hate to see what KU and WV do to us....ugh.

As someone mentioned above, this is not a very high IQ basketball team as of now. I realize we are a work in progress, but this team has alot of work to do just to get above mediocre.

After sleep walking through the first half, I thought we'd see a more focused offense and more energy on defense. Well, I was wrong. :facepalm

Starting to convert shots close to the basket.

If we play this way this weekend, we'll get smoked.

Back