****** Oklahoma Sooners vs Saint Louis Billikens Game Thread*********

Am I the only one thinking Sherri might consider a starting lineup of
Griffin
Hand
Manning
Hook
Ellenberg

McFarland is really struggling and Durrett hasn't yet proven she's ready to start.

Just a thought
I don't know whether it would be Maddie, Kornet, or Sharane. Unless Jo recovers, I suspect that it will be one of them. Fortunately, Hand can rebound. I tend to see Maddie out front, primarily because I haven't seen anything that says Jasmine can be a point. Right now, we seem to be waiting for Jo, Portia, and Jasmine to develop a role, and two of these are seniors on whom I had counted for stability.

Each of you knows well I have hoped for and advocated Hand to the 4 since her injury.

With her rebounding, aggressiveness, shooting and smarts, she has always seemed like a perfect 4 to me. She's 6-1 too and size wise she can hold her own.

I could see Sheri moving Maddie to point, if she progresses enough and moves Morgan to the 3 or vice versa.

Kornet may be a year away from being to take the 3. I give Maddie the edge. But if Sheri is thinking Maddie is the ultimate answer at the point...

Well that's just an entirely knew can of worms, but one I like.

35tt,
maybe I'm reaching for Manning because of her length and the fact that Hook at times seems like a more effective 2 guard than PG.

I don't know whether it would be Maddie, Kornet, or Sharane. Unless Jo recovers, I suspect that it will be one of them. Fortunately, Hand can rebound. I tend to see Maddie out front, primarily because I haven't seen anything that says Jasmine can be a point. Right now, we seem to be waiting for Jo, Portia, and Jasmine to develop a role, and two of these are seniors on whom I had counted for stability.

We might not get much out of Jaz. Depending on the injury and the recovery sometimes it takes a year to get back to where you once were. Even then she filled her role. Dunno about Jo. It would be nice for her to revert back to being more inside but so far she seems to be more outside than anything. It seemed today she played a little more inside but the competition wasn't much. I don't know about the new guys yet. They have the size but are they able to play the four? Dunno. Unfortunately

This is where - IDK if it's the recruiting or the girls she goes after/gets. Not sure. I see teams like Baylor and A$M that get 6'2" girls that are tough and they play defense and they get rebounds. Maybe we have those kinds of girls. This is of course from someone that follows the team, not just the wins.

I've also wanted to see Whitney at the 4 since last year but I've given up on the idea that Sherri is going to move her from the 3. It's true that Sharane is not as tall as some other 4s but she is more athletic than most other 4s in our league and is tougher than most 4s in the country. She is a bit like Gant was, undersized but tough as nails. I just think moving players around and trying to play the 4 by committee is not working and not likely to work. If not Sharane, find someone and stick with them for 30+ minutes a game for 3 games and see what happens.

I noticed in the St. Louis game that we have as many as 3 or 4 players going for the other end as soon as an opponents shots go up. Tough to rebound that way.

I noticed in the St. Louis game that we have as many as 3 or 4 players going for the other end as soon as an opponents shots go up. Tough to rebound that way.

Scoring is more fun than playing defense :p

Since the Billikens only had 8 offensive rebounds and the Sooners had 26 defensive rebounds, someone in a white jersey was getting 'em. Since the defensive rebounds were spread so evenly among the Sooners (Ellenberg and Durrett each had 4, 7 other OU players had 3 or fewer, "team" had 3) maybe it was a matter of taking turns being the "designated rebounder" and everyone else just headed down court. ;-)

Back