****** Oklahoma Sooners vs Saint Louis Billikens Game Thread*********

Tydude

Reaction score
OU Women's team take on Saint Louis Billikens at 2:00 PM on Sooner Sports TV Presented by Fox Sports on Fox Sports Oklahoma

While we wait... Texas A&M and UCONN are playing on ESPN2.

Ready to get it started. I want to see a great bounce back game. And rebounding domination.

Is it that, or is Sherri trying to get Maddie some experience? Jasmine and Maddie got more time than Morgan today. I doubt that Sherri thinks that they are better at this point in time? This was a bit of an unusual game. The negative is that Morgan didn't steady us against UCLA.

Nice to get a dominant win, but that was one of the worst women's college teams I've seen.

So I take it we won? I'll have to catch the replay tonight.

Ugh. Says something when you're pleased with "only" 16 turnovers. I notice Campbell getting only 13 minutes. Is she in the doghouse or is there an issue? Last year if she wasn't starting she was usually the first off the bench. I know we have new players and the rototion is different but she was at times our savior.

I don't understand why Sharane played as little as she did. I think she should be starting. She may be in Sherri's doghouse, which is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I don't understand why Sharane played as little as she did. I think she should be starting. She may be in Sherri's doghouse, which is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Wow! I didn't see that one coming!

Sharane had a problem with fouls in the first half. Two quick ones and she sat the bench. When she played in control she was fine, just too many mistakes and silly fouls. She will be okay.

Really disappointed second half. The kids played dis-interested in the second half, and that will get you killed. They need to keep their intensity for forty minutes and keep the "boot on the neck" and get that killer instinct. They are going to need it in the islands, and the rest of their non-conference schedule. The Big XII will be tough enough, and these kids don't have that toughness yet.

Really good game from our center position. Nicole was very good when the kids finally started getting her the ball on a regular basis.

Am I the only one thinking Sherri might consider a starting lineup of
Griffin
Hand
Manning
Hook
Ellenberg

McFarland is really struggling and Durrett hasn't yet proven she's ready to start.

Just a thought

I just felt that she seemed like when she was in there she was rushing and seemed to press a little. I hope she's not putting pressure on herself.

Sharane had a problem with fouls in the first half. Two quick ones and she sat the bench. When she played in control she was fine, just too many mistakes and silly fouls. She will be okay.

Really disappointed second half. The kids played dis-interested in the second half, and that will get you killed. They need to keep their intensity for forty minutes and keep the "boot on the neck" and get that killer instinct. They are going to need it in the islands, and the rest of their non-conference schedule. The Big XII will be tough enough, and these kids don't have that toughness yet.

Really good game from our center position. Nicole was very good when the kids finally started getting her the ball on a regular basis.

She still needs to take better care of the ball. Did you see the short girl tie her up? The ball should never go below her shoulders. She's in love with bringing the ball down and loves putting it on the floor. She can't get away with that against everyone.

Am I the only one thinking Sherri might consider a starting lineup of
Griffin
Hand
Manning
Hook
Ellenberg

McFarland is really struggling and Durrett hasn't yet proven she's ready to start.

Just a thought

You have isolated the problem - the power forward position. Hand is one possible solution, but it's so beneficial to have a 3 point ace on each wing. Campbell is another solution, but at 5'10", she's way undersized.

I would guess that various solutions will be tried during the non-conference season. For those that follow the team, and not just the wins, this will be a very interesting time.

35tt,
Yeah probably creates more problems than it might solve.
Reaching for a solution that does not include Kaylon.

35tt,
Yeah probably creates more problems than it might solve.
Reaching for a solution that does not include Kaylon.

Well, I'm not saying you're wrong - just that this is a work in progress that we can all watch develop.

Back