Oregon Ducks (31-6) | Key Players | Key Stats

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
ppg – Points Per Game
mpg – Minutes Per Game

17.0 ppg; 32.9 mpg ... Dillon Brooks (Sophomore; F; 6-7; 225) .. 22 points vs. Duke
14.6 ppg; 31.8 mpg ... Elgin Cook (RS-Senior; F; 6-6; 205) .. 16 points vs. Duke
13.5 ppg; 30.0 mpg ... Tyler Dorsey (Freshman; G; 6-4; 180) .. 7 points vs. Duke
12.0 ppg; 25.7 mpg ... Chris Boucher (Junior; F; 6-10; 190) .. 11 points vs. Duke
_6.0 ppg; 28.7 mpg ... Casey Benson (Sophomore; G; 6-3; 185) .. 11 points vs. Duke

_7.1 ppg; 20.9 mpg ... Jordan Bell (Sophomore; F, 6-9, 225) .. 13 points vs. Duke
_7.9 ppg; 22.0 mpg ... Dwayne Benjamin (Senior; F; 6-7; 210) .. 2 points vs. Duke

Interesting lineup, as only 2 of the top 7 players are listed as guards. Like Oklahoma, Oregon has 4 players that average double-digit scoring. Five Ducks scored in double-digits vs. Duke.

Senior Elgin Cook is playing in his third NCAA Tournament, as Oregon had losses in back-to-back years to the Wisconsin Badgers, both a game short of the Sweet Sixteen. In the 2015 tournament, eighth-seeded Oregon nearly upset top-seeded Wisconsin in its second game of the 2015 tournament.

Dillon Brooks (6’7”) has scored 47 points in the last two games, including 24 points from 3-point range; 8-of-16 from 3-point range over the two-game span.

Watching the Oregon team, they look big, quick and athletic. Very athletic. Their “forwards” handle the ball and move like guards.

Oregon is hot, as they have won their last 11 games in a row, including 6 tournament games (PAC-12 and NCAA).

Didn't realize how much height they had. Looked long, what I saw of them last night.

Be interesting to see how this one plays out. I think it's good that we're playing them, a team that is more athletic than bball savvy, as opposed to a team like a Virginia.

gonna be a tough one... we probably will be predicted to lose in nearly all metrics... but march doesnt make sense sometimes, if we block out/rebound as well as we did last game, avoid foul trouble from our bigs, and guard Brooks well on the perimeter.. I like our chance

gonna be a tough one... we probably will be predicted to lose in nearly all metrics... but march doesnt make sense sometimes, if we block out/rebound as well as we did last game, avoid foul trouble from our bigs, and guard Brooks well on the perimeter.. I like our chance

Oregon has the better athletes without question. It isn't even close. Very impressed by how fast and long they are--- Woodard wore out those slower A+M guards-- he isn't going to be able to shake loose of the Duck guards nearly as easily.

OU is an athletic team as well, but not on the Oregon level-- the Ducks boast athleticism + size, which is always tough to deal with.

OU gets the nod in a few categories too though, two stick out to me:

1. We have the best individual player
2. We are more experienced

Many times in basketball, the team with the best player wins-- especially if said player has a big night and gets enough help. So far in the tourney Buddy has been good followed by legendary followed by solid. He absolutely has the ability to carry us past any one team in any one game.

The majority of this Oregon team will be back again if they come close and lose tomorrow. For OU, this is it for this core. I certainly expect an all-out effort from Oregon, but I expect our guys to play with the type of intensity and desperation that can only really be generated when you know this is it.

I thought we were going to beat CSUB easily. I thought we would beat VCU by about 8-10. I thought we'd lose a slugfest to Aggies. The VCU game is the only one that went semi-like I thought it would and that one wound up being tighter down the stretch than I expected. So you probably don't even want to know my feelings on this game, but I will tell you anyway:

I think OU finds a way. We struggle early with their size and speed, but keep it close enough that we never hit a desperate level. The game eventually slows down and we grind it out.

538 has us at 54% chance to win vegas has the spread as a mixture of us by 1, pick em, or Oregon by 1 depending on the book. I sent have a kenpom sub so I don't know what they think, but most metrics have it close

538 has us at 54% chance to win vegas has the spread as a mixture of us by 1, pick em, or Oregon by 1 depending on the book. I sent have a kenpom sub so I don't know what they think, but most metrics have it close

Kenpom has us at 53% to win and matchup-zone has us at 55% to win.

It's basically a pick-'Em game.

Oregon really isn't that much bigger than OU.. They bring two bigger legit 3/4 type of players off the bench. I would say more athletic YES, but the size doesn't scare me. Lattin will be a perfect match up with their big... both can't really score consistently. Spangler match-up makes me a little nervous, BUT he is a absolute warrior and will find a way. Both teams play fast and I don't think anyone plays better than us at that game!!!

Oregon really isn't that much bigger than OU.. They bring two bigger legit 3/4 type of players off the bench. I would say more athletic YES, but the size doesn't scare me. Lattin will be a perfect match up with their big... both can't really score consistently. Spangler match-up makes me a little nervous, BUT he is a absolute warrior and will find a way. Both teams play fast and I don't think anyone plays better than us at that game!!!

See that's exactly what I was thinking. Oregon seems to be quite a bit like Baylor. Baylor has a similar roster makeup... Super athletic guys and long. However, they are much better offensively... or at least seem to be better then Baylor on both ends.

However, the difference is that we have THE POY on our team and he is now due to go off!!! Also, i think Cousins will go off as well. Could we lose? well, of course, because Oregon is way more talented than I thought they were at the beginning of the tourney; but they are not any better than some of the teams we have beaten this year.

Plus, we play pretty well against zone defenses.

The best thing about this team is that their starting PG, SG, and SF and their guard that comes off the bench are either a freshmen or a sophomore. So a young group of guards only having 1 day to prepare for Hield gives me great confidence that we are moving on to the final 4.

Duke played a lot of zone...oregon killed them on it, we wont play zone.
Def tough match up but if our guards and bench play like last night should b exciting. Got careless late, yes didnt matter...tomorrow not so much.

Back