OU at #14 in SI.com's top 25

Not big on the weekly polls update, eh cool?

Not big on the weekly polls update, eh cool?

I am sorry. I saw something interesting to me so I put it up. If you like I will refrain from doing such activities in the future.

Hey, I found it interesting.....especially what they wrote about Trae!!!

What a week for Trae Young and the Sooners. On Saturday, they went on the road and took down the nation’s then-third ranked team, a game in which Young scored 29. Then on Tuesday night against Northwestern State, Young scored 26 points and dished out an astounding 22 assists, tying the NCAA single-game record. His assist rate of 54.6% now leads the country, and he’s being used on 37.6% of Oklahoma’s possessions when on the floor—the second-highest mark in the country. Consider this: in Tuesday’s win, Young made nine shots from the field and five from the free-throw line in addition to the 22 dimes, the latter of which helped create 50 points. That means he was responsible for scoring or assisting on 76 of the Sooners’ 105 points in the win, or 72%.

Just goes to show how much a great point guard can raise one team.....

Someone was talking about how much difference this year differed from last year on the number of assists per game. Don't remember the numbers, but OU went from almost lowest 10 percent to the upper 10 percent...

Back