OU at Kansas State

sybarite

Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID

I have been surprised by K St. When they lost Breanna Lewis and Kindred Wesemann, they had nothing of note left. Those were the only threats. Now, suddenly, Kayla Goth who averaged 1.87 and 5.79 ppg in her first two seasons has stepped up to 16.35. Peyton Williams who scored 3.68 as a freshman has stepped up to 13.53. Kaylee Paige has been doing better as a senior, and Shaelyn Martin has, at least, emerged as a rebounder. Where did any of that come from? Rachel Ranke is a freshman of note who holds her own.

They haven't played the toughest of schedules, but they do have a win AT West Virginia and over OSU in Manhattan. OU has won 17 of the last 20 against KSt, but has lost the last two in Manhattan.

This is one of about six games that I think will determine OU's fate this year. I had thought that OU would sweep KSt. Now, I would like at least one win. A win at Manhattan would get some of the foul taste of Baylor out of our mouths.

Someone has to shoot. K St is not a great shooting team. But, they don't beat themselves. You do have to earn the win.

11 6-4 Soph Peyton Williams
1 6-3 Sr Kaylee Paige
50 6-1 Sr Shaelyn Martin
10 6-0 Jr Kayla Goth
12 6-1 Fr Rachel Ranke

I thought we would run away with both games vs them this year, but I see they have improved and have some decent height... Paige at 6’3 does have some faceup ability so I think her match up with Manning should be fun to watch.

We regularly seem to have some kind of trouble playing KSU. I don't know what it is about them.

It is important to rebound after the annual Baylor butt-kicking we took. I think we can, but I'm not sure we will.

I agree with Syb, this is a very important game for the rest of the season.

Win and we can regroup and move forward. A loss...well, I don't want to think about what a loss would likely portend for this group.

I agree. We need this win badly. If we can win there tonight, it will give us much needed confidence going into this weekend against OSU, which is another win that we need and will determine the fate of our season. I hate to be negative, but with the inconsistency from the seniors we've had this year, I can definitely see (and unfortunately expect) us to lose here, and against OSU at home, and end up in a huge 8-11 hole, which will be hard to get out of and even harder to justify an NCAA invite. Unless we can pull off a HUGE upset down the road somewhere, maybe UT or WVU (I just don't think the girls even believe they can beat Baylor, which they really could have, had they believed in themselves). Sad thing is, you just never know what these seniors, who are the most pathetic group of leaders I've ever seen at OU, are going to bring. Fingers crossed we go in tonight actually thinking we can beat them!

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID

I have been surprised by K St. When they lost Breanna Lewis and Kindred Wesemann, they had nothing of note left. Those were the only threats. Now, suddenly, Kayla Goth who averaged 1.87 and 5.79 ppg in her first two seasons has stepped up to 16.35. Peyton Williams who scored 3.68 as a freshman has stepped up to 13.53. Kaylee Paige has been doing better as a senior, and Shaelyn Martin has, at least, emerged as a rebounder. Where did any of that come from? Rachel Ranke is a freshman of note who holds her own.

They haven't played the toughest of schedules, but they do have a win AT West Virginia and over OSU in Manhattan. OU has won 17 of the last 20 against KSt, but has lost the last two in Manhattan.

This is one of about six games that I think will determine OU's fate this year. I had thought that OU would sweep KSt. Now, I would like at least one win. A win at Manhattan would get some of the foul taste of Baylor out of our mouths.

Someone has to shoot. K St is not a great shooting team. But, they don't beat themselves. You do have to earn the win.

11 6-4 Soph Peyton Williams
1 6-3 Sr Kaylee Paige
50 6-1 Sr Shaelyn Martin
10 6-0 Jr Kayla Goth
12 6-1 Fr Rachel Ranke

Ana out with a concussion. Thanks Thug University.

Those cross-court passes — yikes.

Good to see Gabbi and Maddie hit from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Sherri got mad at Maddie for not taking that shot.

Thank goodness for Gabbi.

Great shooting by both teams. 16 turnover, though.

We hung on, however.

No let down to start the second half, please.

Is this being televised on Dish?

I can't seem to find it.....:mad:

I wasn’t able to tune in until late in the 3rd... why isn’t Ana playing?

I don't understand the problem with getting the ball to Vivi.....It isn't that she is being covered up by defense...Get the ball down low!

espn3 seems to be lots of buffering....hard to watch!

:mad:

Back