>>>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Frank Booker came ready to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, he and Cousins are the only ones who came to play. Booker with 12, Cousins with 10. No one else with more than 2.

What frustrates me about this team is the lack or urgency/killer instinct/intensity in the first half, especially in games against teams with lesser talent. This will hurt them in the NCAA tourney. I fear a lower seed team can slow down the game, make OU shoot jumpers and hang in until the end and pull out the upset. Ironically, If OU were to survive the first 2 rounds, I believe they are talented enough to play up to the level of a higher seed and knock them off. But I am beginning to doubt that they will have the chance.

Tech is shooting 52%. Odds are that will not continue for the game. They are a bad shooting team. We should open this up and win going away. Rebounding and staying out of foul trouble are what we need to focus on.

That was about as bad a half of basketball and we still lead.

Tech Scoring:

Isaiah Manderson (true freshman): 9 points, 5 rebounds
Norense Odiase (true freshman): 4 points, 2 rebounds
Keenan Evans (true freshman): 8 points
Zach Smith (true freshman): 2 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

OU will blow this open in the second half... bunch of true freshman can't hang in there.

I think you're right, but we have had some issues in close games so there is no guarantee.

Tech is shooting 52%. Odds are that will not continue for the game. They are a bad shooting team. We should open this up and win going away. Rebounding and staying out of foul trouble are what we need to focus on.

Even bad shooting teams can make shots when they're shooting layups and five footers.

Even bad shooting teams can make shots when they're shooting layups and five footers.

They are also turning the ball over which prevents them from missing shots.

We have too many offensive TOs at 9. They have 13, we normally turn over our opponents but we usually convert and not turn back over.

Welp, the refs do suck. That was bad.

That was an atrocious call.
That was not anywhere close to an offensive foul.
Horrible, horrible call.

Terrible call, not even set in front of player.

Seriously might have been the worst charge call that I have ever seen.

I really can't state enough times how incredibly terrible that charge call was.

How is Buddy supposed to play his game under these conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just going to say it. That was a bull **** offensive foul against Buddy. No way the defender was set when Buddy went up for the shot.

2 of Hield's 3 charges have been TERRIBLE calls.

Officials taking one of our players out of the game, it stinks but is a good trial as this will probably happen to one of our starters in the NCAA tournament. Booker stepping up well though.

Back