*****OU vs. Mount St. Mary's Gameday Thread*****

The Freshmen (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Andrew Fitzgerald: 10 pts/2 boards/1 assist
Tiny Gallon: 9 pts/7 boards
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 7 pts
Steven Pledger: 11 pts

not bad.

really gotta credit Capel for getting all the freshman so prepared so early. It is going to be a FUN, FUN season I think.

It's just an awesome time to be a OU BBall fan. Gotta give it up to Coach C.

:jcapel :clap :clap

really gotta credit Capel for getting all the freshman so prepared so early. It is going to be a FUN, FUN season I think.

They will shine at times, and they will fail miserably others. OU plays a lot of veteran teams this year, lot of good teams away from home.. OU is relying almost exclusively on 4 freshman and some first time contributors outside of Willie Warren.

Gotta say, I just love Fitzgerald and Pledger. Pledger is 4 years of a healthy Mike Neal.

Agreed. The future is so bring. I believe those 4 freshmen could all be starting by conference. Maybe Crocker starts instead of Pledger because he's a senior. But think about those 4 freshmen next year and then plug Cam Clark in for Willie. Wow!!!!!!

Wow! This Freshman class may end up being the best of all time...too early to say?

Well, we've never had 4 freshmen who scored in double-digits in their first game, that's for sure. We're pretty close to that for only a half.

The best feshmen class in school history is easily the '83-84 squad (T McCallister, D. Kennedy, D Johnson, D Sieger and C Watson). However, I doubt any of us will complain if someday this class is mentioned in the same breath. :woot

Here's the stats so far. It's unofficial

Pledger 11 points, 2-3 from 3 point land
Fitzgerald 10 points, 4 boards, 4-5 from the field
Gallon 9 points, 7 boards, 3-7 from the field
Warren 8 points, 8 assists, 2 rebounds
Ray Willis 2 points, 1 rebound, 2-2 from the line
Ryan Wright 2 points. 1 rebound
Tony Crocker 5 rebounds

All but 2 points are from freshmen and sophomores.

Last edited:
Wish I could be at the game. Sounds like this could be an exciting team to watch this year.

Hopefully the freshmen can keep up the good play against stiffer competition.

Here's the stats so far. It's unofficial

Pledger 11 points, 2-3 from 3 point land
Fitzgerald 10 points, 4 boards, 4-5 from the field
Gallon 9 points, 7 boards, 3-7 from the field
Warren 8 points, 8 assists, 2 rebounds
Ray Willis 2 points, 1 rebound, 2-2 from the line
Ryan Wright 2 points. 1 rebound
Tony Crocker 5 rebounds

All but 2 points are from freshmen and sophomores.

What's TMG's line look like?

Wish I could be at the game. Sounds like this could be an exciting team to watch this year.

Hopefully the freshmen can keep up the good play against stiffer competition.

I honestly miss attending the basketball games more than the football games anymore and it has nothing to do with this season on the gridiron. Especially miss the mid week games.

I've been considering visiting my grandmother this Christmas instead of staying out here but would have to make it an early seasonal trip if I wanted to catch a game at the LNC... Ford is nice but I want the Crimson experience again not an NBA knock up situation.

Sooners start of the half right, giving up a 2. Galon called for a foul and then they miss the free throw. Sooners miss their shot. Goes out of bounds to MSM. 49-38.

MSM misses a 3, but then gets the board and another 2. 49-40.

Sooners turn it over and a foul called on Crocker on the fast break. 49-42

MSM draws another foul, but misses a 2,

Warren misses a basket but draws the foul and will go to the line. 10 points for him after making the fts. 53-44. TMG hit a 2 not a 3.

MSM misses a shot. OU turns it over but MSM almost turns it over, off an OU player out of bounds. MSM misses an easy basket.

Other end TMG misses, MSM turns it over.

Back