Parker Friedrichsen commits to OSU

I may have been a bit harsh, I was born and raised in bartlesville. I just cant imagine top 10 player and dont make state.

Bartlesville has been terrible, he’s made them competitive & is only a sophomore.

No way Castillo and BVille were going to make it through 6A to state. Their roster really isn't that good. Castillo and others. Ayyappan is a decent shooter and another kid (Carter, I think) was okay.

That said, they should have beaten Tahlequah (a Tigers team that had to forfeit most of their games). Castillo only had 15 in that game and really looked like he was coasting. He travelled at the end. Some will say it was bogus, others will say it was a good call. In the NBA, it wasn't a travel. High school bball isn't the same as the NBA, though. I guess it depends on what side you were rooting for, lol (I didn't care who won and I saw a travel).

Last edited:
Hey Coach,

How does OU sit with Garrison from Del City?

Hey Coach,

How does OU sit with Garrison from Del City?

Intel is hard with garrison. I think a good place but i don’t know honestly.

NIL is making it hard to get real info sometimes. Things change quickly.

I don’t have any useful intel. I know they’ll be getting croots on campus a lot.

They’ve offered Castillo. Bad deal with talq beating them. Roster is suspect at best. Little talk of him going prep school.

I was told by people on this board that NIL wasn’t a concern in basketball. I laughed hysterically and moved on. I think the words were something like “name one school who’s using NIL in basketball”.

Yeah, everyone is using it.

I was told by people on this board that NIL wasn’t a concern in basketball. I laughed hysterically and moved on. I think the words were something like “name one school who’s using NIL in basketball”.

Yeah, everyone is using it.

Do we think more than about 20-25 schools are utilizing NIL in a major way? We always knew schools like KU, UK, Duke, etc would use it...but they already were. I think a lot of schools are willing to throw around 10-15K here and there, but I don't see more than a handful offering 6 figures. I could be way off.

Do we think more than about 20-25 schools are utilizing NIL in a major way? We always knew schools like KU, UK, Duke, etc would use it...but they already were. I think a lot of schools are willing to throw around 10-15K here and there, but I don't see more than a handful offering 6 figures. I could be way off.

Everyone in our recruiting region is using it. Texas, aTm, tech, KU, osu, everyone in SEC. I’m not saying everyone is getting six figures, but it’s being used to some extent by everyone, so we have to be competitive or our recruiting will never improve and we’ll stay in 7th place or worst.

I posted this yesterday, but you might have missed it. The team OU is playing tonight, Missouri State, is using NIL in a major, albeit unique way, on one player. The article says the community group plans to offer Mosely 5 to 6 figures to keep him at MSU.

If OU wants to sign any of the high major recruits we’re in on, we may not have any choice but to compete with the NILs being offered.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/s...ih-mosley-given-sizable-nil-offer/9419210002/

I posted this yesterday, but you might have missed it. The team OU is playing tonight, Missouri State, is using NIL in a major, albeit unique way, on one player. The article says the community group plans to offer Mosely 5 to 6 figures to keep him at MSU.

If OU wants to sign any of the high major recruits we’re in on, we may not have any choice but to compete with the NILs being offered.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/s...ih-mosley-given-sizable-nil-offer/9419210002/

7 figures? Not likely. No way is a player going to get a million dollars to stay at Missouri State. If so, then just shut down college basketball right now. It's over.

Edited to add: Just read the article and it says "Between 5 and 6 figures" which is still outrageous.

Last edited:
Everyone in our recruiting region is using it. Texas, aTm, tech, KU, osu, everyone in SEC. I’m not saying everyone is getting six figures, but it’s being used to some extent by everyone, so we have to be competitive or our recruiting will never improve and we’ll stay in 7th place or worst.

If you think OU is going to find NIL money for basketball, you are crazy. We're struggling to do it in football, which is king around here.

I still don't think NIL is a very big thing in college basketball yet. Maybe some of the elite players/recruits are getting some things, but most aren't.

7 figures? Not likely. No way is a player going to get a million dollars to stay at Missouri State. If so, then just shut down college basketball right now. It's over.

Edited to add: Just read the article and it says "Between 5 and 6 figures" which is still outrageous.

You’re right, I corrected it. I should have read the article again before I posted the link. My bad! This is also an example of a community using NIL selectively, not exactly in a major way. Still, that could be a plan other fan bases will adopt.

Crazy. I hate NIL in sports, especially hate the no sitting out transfer wayyy more. If the ncaa does nothing to reign (which they wont) and it actually gets worse, then id rather just shut it all down. Money ruins everything man.

Basically we need our own T. Boone Pickens for basketball with a bottomless checking account to compete. Pure insanity.

If you think OU is going to find NIL money for basketball, you are crazy. We're struggling to do it in football, which is king around here.

I still don't think NIL is a very big thing in college basketball yet. Maybe some of the elite players/recruits are getting some things, but most aren't.

We are not struggling with NIL for football. The only hindrance is the university not wanting to allow it full scale but that’s changing. The university in getting in the way, not our ability to find NIL money. There are plenty of donors willing to give but the university has been hesitant to open it up full scale. However, as I said, that is changing. I just hope we can open it up to basketball as well. There are plenty of ways to make it work.

It’s going to be the cost of doing business from here on. So, either we get on board or we get left further behind then we already are.

We are not struggling with NIL for football. The only hindrance is the university not wanting to allow it full scale but that’s changing. The university in getting in the way, not our ability to find NIL money. There are plenty of donors willing to give but the university has been hesitant to open it up full scale. However, as I said, that is changing. I just hope we can open it up to basketball as well. There are plenty of ways to make it work.

It’s going to be the cost of doing business from here on. So, either we get on board or we get left further behind then we already are.

I think we will get on board but I don't think we'll ever publically toot our own horn like Texas did with the $50K for linemen.

I think we will get on board but I don't think we'll ever publically toot our own horn like Texas did with the $50K for linemen.

Thad turnipseed came from Bama and Clemson. He is driving the bus now. He knows what it takes to get the best talent and that sometimes means paying players to come to your school. This isn’t against the rules now either.

Back