Pokes appeal denied

that is total BS.... stuff happened in 2016 under Underwood and these current kids get punished for it?

that is total BS.... stuff happened in 2016 under Underwood and these current kids get punished for it?

Because the school knew they were hiring a cheater. Someone has to pay.

Fine the coaches. Fine the university.

Banning from the NCAA Tournament does nothing but punish the kids who were in like 9th grade at the time.

no offense, but these are also kids who chose to go to a university in the throes of an investigation. it was no secret that the NCAA was coming down on OSU. It was a gamble they chose to play. I kind of feel bad for them but, in the same breathe, they had other choices.

Banning from the NCAA Tournament does nothing but punish the kids who were in like 9th grade at the time.

Just fining them wouldn't accomplish anything. Banning them from the tourney hurts them financially, but also impacts the program's standing. You've got to do something that really makes them think twice -- a simple fine wouldn't accomplish anything.

Nah. It hurts the program too. The recruits knew about the investigation. They chose to go there..

Kids were told this was gonna happen. They chose not to listen.

My problems with the NCAA is that the punishments take so long anymore and don't always do much. Look at the Baylor investigation. Art Briles basically called it a win for his side of the story after the final investigation even though he was allowing his players to participate in gang rapes.

But back to this one. We see Oklahoma State punished nearly 5 years after the incident happens. And yet Kansas is pretty much not gonna get touched for it. The NCAA is a joke. If it were real they would have punished each school involved the same for all of this. And they would have done it years ago. The NCAA just needs to be reformed, abolished, replaced with something more efficient.

and they can leave if they like.

It sucks for the kids...but punishments have to be in place to deter a school from breaking the rules. If it was all on the coaches or monetary penalties, college ball would be eve more of the wild west. the school has to pay to keep everyone honest

My problems with the NCAA is that the punishments take so long anymore and don't always do much. Look at the Baylor investigation. Art Briles basically called it a win for his side of the story after the final investigation even though he was allowing his players to participate in gang rapes.

But back to this one. We see Oklahoma State punished nearly 5 years after the incident happens. And yet Kansas is pretty much not gonna get touched for it. The NCAA is a joke. If it were real they would have punished each school involved the same for all of this. And they would have done it years ago. The NCAA just needs to be reformed, abolished, replaced with something more efficient.

what is the current status of all the kansas investigations?

Fines dont work. OSU knowingly hired a cheater. EVERYONE knew he was a cheater at his previous schools.

NCAA is dumb for not punishing all of them. but im not here for that!

what is the current status of all the kansas investigations?
They are saying maybe early 2022 before any punishment is announced maybe. My problem isn't whatever the punishment is it's that it wasn't done like 2-3 years ago for all these schools.

I'm good with this, but Underwood should have to sit out during the postseason as well.

This is exactly right. The school should be punished for cheating. The argument that these players shouldn’t be punished doesn’t hold water. The school could’ve taken the punishment last year but chose this path. They should be punished for cheating or else cheating is rewarded. If they want to protect players that didn’t cheat, allow them to transfer and keep all their eligibility. If they choose to play for osu, they get punished along with the school.

The only thing that really pisses me off about this is knowing that KU and others will get off with nothing or a slap on the wrist. If osu gets post season ban, KU should get the death penalty, but they won’t be punished at all.

I get punishing OSU but Underwood should be punished as well since it was under his regime.

Plus, when will the NCAA get around to KU? 2030?

Bryce Thompson has now made two questionable school choices.

The only thing that really pisses me off about this is knowing that KU and others will get off with nothing or a slap on the wrist. If osu gets post season ban, KU should get the death penalty, but they won’t be punished at all.

We don’t know what KU will get. But let’s not forget that KU took a different approach and chose to fight the allegations at every turn. Maybe that will work for them, maybe it won’t. In general, cooperating hasn’t paid off in recent years … see OSU and Mizzou. And the death penalty is just not realistic and no one should expect it. It’s never happened in basketball and never will.

The way I see it, it is almost like a defendant charged with a crime. If you plead guilty, you’re sure to get some punishment, but you hope to avoid the worst. If you go to trial, you have a chance of getting off completely, but also run the risk of getting the hammer dropped. KU is forcing the NCAA to prove its case, and the NCAA isn’t exactly a well-run entity.

Back