Portland State

sybarite

Reaction score
Young team that lost its only game against good competition. Look a lot like Cal in height everywhere. I worry about this type of team when we just lost a game. It may look too easy. So did Oral Roberts.

Starters:

6-0 G Soph Sidney Rielly 16.4 ppg, 16 steals, 49.61% FG%, 36.36 3PT%, 80.0 FT%
6-2 G Soph Ashley Bolston 15.2 ppg, 6 apg
6-4 F Soph Courtney West 9.6 ppg, 5.3 reb, 2 blocks/game
6-3 F Soph Pia Jurhar 5.2 ppg, 5.3 reb
5-6 G Soph Michaela Kay 6.7 ppg, 3.7 apg, 38.89% 3Pt

Rebound margin: 1.3
Turnover margin: -3.40
Scoring margin: -1.3
Three-point %: 31.3
Field goal %: 43.3
Field goal % defense: 40.8
Free Throw %: 71.5
W/L record: 6-4

Lost to Oregon, 46-90.

Nothing special. Not bad. Tall. All sophs. They do have a senior guard (Ashley Torres-Negron) and a junior forward (Cici West) who have played in all ten games. West leads the team in rebounding with 6.70.

Sloppy game so far, but hopefully what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Maddie's carrying us with her 3 threes. Down 25-21 in the 2nd.

Portland St already has 16 TOs

Don't even know what to say....

:(

34-24 Portland State at halftime, despite 19 turnovers.
We're shooting 21 percent from the field.

If Maddie didn't have 11 points, we'd be headed to the craps table.

Don't even know what to say....

:(

I hear ya. We look like a mediocre Junior high team. Can't hit a wide open lay-up, don't know where we are on the floor and shoot 50 per cent from the free throw line.

I hear ya. We look like a mediocre Junior high team. Can't hit a wide open lay-up, don't know where we are on the floor and shoot 50 per cent from the free throw line.

It's mindset, mental toughness (or lack thereof) and/or leadership! We've seen this team and players play very well and then you get 3 quarters like we had last night and a first half like tonight. It's like they all are afflicted with ADD!!! :(

The team as a whole look like they partied hearty the last two nights on the strip. 6 of 17 shooting in second quarter, 2 of 21 (?) shooting in first. That is 21% shooting.

How can we play the fourth quarter last night, and then play like this tonight?

This group of seniors have been a real enigma. Coaching them may be a conundrum that SC has not figured out, nor fans to understand.

Better in the third, we lead 45-39 to start the 4th. Let's bring it home!

70 turnovers by opponents in last 2 games and we're only 1-1! ��

If 2 players looked at the Portland State player with the ball she would turn it over.

I wish that I had some intelligent commentary about this game. I don't have a clue as to why they came out and played as sloppy as they did this weekend. I wasn't pleased with any of the three games. I was OK with Maddie, Peyton, and Nancy for the most part. Tonight, Peyton was inept. Even Maddie wasn't shooting well, except for being 3 of 4 from three and six of six from the line. I think she was only 1 of 7 from two. At least, Maddie worked on defense. The early foul could have disrupted her. It didn't. They had trouble keeping her hands off the ball.

According to the NCAA site, Maddie had ten steals tonight (ESPN has ten, also). That would be a Coale-era record for steals in a game.

This was the first double-double of Maddie's career: 17 points, 10 steals.

According to the NCAA site, Maddie had ten steals tonight (ESPN has ten, also). That would be a Coale-era record for steals in a game.

The 40 turnovers by opposing team was Coale era record also.

That's really outstanding... I noticed she had 7 last night.

Something is wrong with his team. I saw some of the girls at breakfast this morning and they had their heads down, not even talking to ach other, no smiles. I'm puzzled.

Something is wrong with his team. I saw some of the girls at breakfast this morning and they had their heads down, not even talking to ach other, no smiles. I'm puzzled.

Exhaustion is my guess... That game form Cal is another beast. Physical exhaustion is one thing. Emotional+Physical. That is when teams wear down. Include the game the very next day, thats really tough.

still haven't watched the game, can't wait. Or Can I? Shall see.

This isn't also the first game in the Coale era where we allowed our opponent to shoot 50% but we still won.

Can anyone summarize Sherri's postgame comments? I'd love to hear her analysis because I'm baffled by this team.

Looking at the Box score I see Rich got in the game for 1 minute and managed to draw a foul... I think with the lack of athleticism with some of our guards we need players like Rich and Dungee who can shot and take there player off the dribble.

Historically Sherri likes a real point guard to run the show, but I think our best line up in time will be Dungee, Little, Manning, Mulkey and ViVi, I think a back court of Dungee, Little, and Manning could do a decent job of splitting up point guard duties.

Exhaustion is my guess... That game form Cal is another beast. Physical exhaustion is one thing. Emotional+Physical. That is when teams wear down. Include the game the very next day, thats really tough.

still haven't watched the game, can't wait. Or Can I? Shall see.

Probably but this year she doesn't leave any one in very long. I wonder if they can get in a rhythm in these short rotation? Of course with pressing you need it I guess.

Back