Reaves draft thread

tonight he's 1/1 on the 3 and 2/2 on FT's..so far. Early

the tt kid, mclung? replaced him

It's pretty clear that the Lakers are looking hard at Reaves as a PG. He's running the team similar to how he ran Kruger's offense. Leading with effort too. Hard box outs, taking charges, hustling up and down the floor, getting teammates involved.

And he can get to the rim against these players too. Ball-handling looks elite against NBA summer league teams too...

AR just hit a tough putback to put LA up 1 with 2.5 seconds to go. This has been an entertaining summer league game.

Great finish to that game. Reaves' shot was great. He was falling backwards as he grabbed the board and put it back up -- he ended up flat on his back.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/i/status/1424588923074793480[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/i/status/1424588923074793480[/TWEET]

Wish he would have had the same result against Tech. LOL. Almost an identical shot.

Glad to see AR getting the pub, and playing pretty well. He's learned/learning to be the best Austin Reaves he can be, not some other hero. If he continues to do that, he will be fine.

Pulling for him big time.

Wish he would have had the same result against Tech. LOL.

I wish he could have played against Tech (in Lubbock). We win that game with him on the floor, I'm convinced.

Wish he would have had the same result against Tech. LOL. Almost an identical shot.

Glad to see AR getting the pub, and playing pretty well. He's learned/learning to be the best Austin Reaves he can be, not some other hero. If he continues to do that, he will be fine.

Pulling for him big time.

Right?!? This shot was actually tougher, but that game is what I immediately thought of last night ... especially with Mac being the first guy to celebrate with him when it went in.

As for the hero part ... I think what Reaves has already shown is that he is more than willing to play whatever role he is asked to play. He was a spot up shooter for two years at Wichita State because that’s what Marshall wanted. At OU, he played a much more aggressive role, not because he is selfish or wanted to be the hero, but because that’s what the team needed and the coaches wanted. I never had any concerns that he would try to be a ball dominant, shoot-first player in the NBA. It sure sounds like the Lakers are very pleased with his so far.

It sure sounds like the Lakers are very pleased with his so far.

I've watched every Lakers summer league game. It's obvious that he could do more with the ball in his hands, but the Lakers are running some sets to get everyone a look. He has deferred in a number of cases to McClung, Robinson, Ayayi, and others ... but he's not had a problem getting to the rim, handling the ball, getting his shot off, etc.

And his defense and effort is a +++. If you can go back and watch the games, take a look at him rotating on defense and boxing out big guys in the lane. Getting on the floor for loose balls, stepping in to take (real) charges. Handles the pick and roll pretty well. And he's super vocal.

The Lakers send him out to do the post-game interviews as well, which says they trust him.

I've watched every Lakers summer league game. It's obvious that he could do more with the ball in his hands, but the Lakers are running some sets to get everyone a look. He has deferred in a number of cases to McClung, Robinson, Ayayi, and others ... but he's not had a problem getting to the rim, handling the ball, getting his shot off, etc.

And his defense and effort is a +++. If you can go back and watch the games, take a look at him rotating on defense and boxing out big guys in the lane. Getting on the floor for loose balls, stepping in to take (real) charges. Handles the pick and roll pretty well. And he's super vocal.

The Lakers send him out to do the post-game interviews as well, which says they trust him.

Good stuff!!!!!!!

Didn’t watch 2nd half… really can’t stomachache the nba…

Clippers vs Lakers

9 pm CT on NBAtv

Clippers' best summer league players: Kerwin Roach (Texas), Jay Scrubb (Louisville), Keon Johnson (Tennessee), Daniel Oturu (Minnesota), Brandon Boston Jr (Kentucky) & Amir Coffey (Minnesota).

Last edited:
Reaves had 9 points (on 3-11 shooting, 1 three-pointer and two free throws), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and a block.

Reaves had 9 points (on 3-11 shooting, 1 three-pointer and two free throws), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and a block.

Played solid last night, but couldn’t get those tough finishes to go. Missed three or four going to the rim and two other floaters. Getting good looks just needs to get them down.

Assist-wise, he set guys up but they couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn for much of the game from outside.

Pistons vs Lakers tonight

9 pm ct on ESPN2

Pistons' best summer league players:

Cade Cunningham (Pokes), Saddiq Bey (Villanova), Luka Garza (Iowa), Killian Hayes (France), Saben Lee (Vanderbilt), & Jamorko Pickett (Georgetown). Possibly Tyler Cook (Iowa), but he didn't play last night and I'm not sure on his status.

Reaves got his two-way contract converted to a 2 year normal contract now.. gets the 14th spot on roster.. wow

Back