Recruiting, Center

luckyc1423

Reaction score
So it has been a few weeks since the early signing period....are we in on any big bodies that maybe we not our first choice? There has to be some hidden gems out there that can come in and rebound for us and defend

Lucky,

I absolutely think that the Sooners will sign at least two bigs in this class, and I would be willing to bet that at least one will be an older guy (transfer or a juco).

I am starting to hear some names being thrown around, but nothing definite at this time.

Here is one name:

Aziz Ndiaye from Southern Idaho JC is a name to remember. He is a 7 foot sophomore that will is redshirting due to injury, so he would have three years to play three at the D1 level

xsmall_aziz%20ndiaye%20mug.jpg

Just say no to juco projects coming off a year where they redshirted.

Just say no to juco projects coming off a year where they redshirted.

A second-team Region 18 selection, Aziz dominated in the paint for the Eagles last season. Aziz ranked No. 1 in the league in offensive rebounds, No. 2 in blocked shots and 18th in points per game.

One of the top players in Senegal, Aziz was named MVP of the Basketball without Borders Camp in 2004-05. In 2005-06, he was ranked in the top 5. That same year, he played on the South African Junior National team. In 2006-07, he played in the Senegalese Championship earning best young player honors.

There's not a prospect outside of Jones and Ratcliffe that will be able to step in and start for OU. We need someone that is good enough to step in and play atleast 20 plus minutes.

There's not a prospect outside of Jones and Ratcliffe that will be able to step in and start for OU. We need someone that is good enough to step in and play atleast 20 plus minutes.

A bit too absolute for an inexact science.

But I agree we need a major contributor inside next year. I have to trust the coaches that if they offer a kid then they think he can help.

That is what we need but may not be what we get. Outside of those two where would the rest of the prospects we are looking at rank?

That is what we need but may not be what we get. Outside of those two where would the rest of the prospects we are looking at rank?

Would love to have a back line defender that could contest shots and get some offensive tip ins.

Back