Recruiting

billyball

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what kind of impact this game had on the recruits that were present. Did anyone that went to the game see if they were cheering for the Sooners?

The win over a top ten team will definitely be a positive. But I think the way this team played will impact recruits more than anything. If you are an unsigned big man who attended or watched this game on television, wouldn't you want to play with a point guard like TMG, or a warrior like Cade? I know I would.

The win over a top ten team will definitely be a positive. But I think the way this team played will impact recruits more than anything. If you are an unsigned big man who attended or watched this game on television, wouldn't you want to play with a point guard like TMG, or a warrior like Cade? I know I would.

Ryan Wright's leaving and Tiny Gallon's head is in space. Any halfway decent big man who decides to come to OU will have a chance to start.

Cam, TJ and what looked like some other recruits were sitting at the top of the lower level student section. They were partying it up most of the game and giving a ton of crap to these Texas fans near us....good times.

I don't know what it means, but Jawanza Poland and Robert Goff were clapping for OU right as halftime ended and the crowd cheered as the team went into the locker. I never looked to see their reactions after that though. And those two, along with N'Diaye, went with Cline into the tunnel after the game. I didn't see Clark or Taylor, but they were probably sitting near Ellis.

Ryan Wright's leaving and Tiny Gallon's head is in space. Any halfway decent big man who decides to come to OU will have a chance to start.

I wish OU fans would stop saying crap like this. Tiny is just learning to be a post player. It is not his fault his coaches allowed him to play point guard or whatever they did.

Cam, TJ and what looked like some other recruits were sitting at the top of the lower level student section. They were partying it up most of the game and giving a ton of crap to these Texas fans near us....good times.

That's good stuff.

Pretty sure those were football players like JaMarkus McFarland and some others, not recruits.

Saw the "Godfather", Joe C, talking to N'Diaye before the game, hope he made him an offer he couldn't refuse ;).

The same people that said we couldn't beat saxet are some of the same ones that talk this crap about Tiny. Yes he is playing bad right now, but he can turn it around just like our team did today. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

ellis' mother seemed to like the environment. per twitter.

I saw Aziz. He was wearing blue. He looked huge. Didn't look as skinny as a young Longar. Looked like a legit 7-foot, 250.

From another thread...the big man from Senegal looked subdued, the guys behind him were having a blast. I think we get a commit by Tuesday.

From another thread...the big man from Senegal looked subdued, the guys behind him were having a blast. I think we get a commit by Tuesday.

Yeah, the guys behind N'Diaye were jucos Jawanza Poland (6-5 G) and Robert Goff (6-9 PF)

Yeah, the guys behind N'Diaye were jucos Jawanza Poland (6-5 G) and Robert Goff (6-9 PF)

One of them had their mom there, she was fired up too. One of those two will be coming to OU.

One of them had their mom there, she was fired up too. One of those two will be coming to OU.

yeah. Seems as if they are/were waiting on an offer. If an offer is all they'll be sooners.

I say why not?

We are done recruiting HS kids excepting Jones and maybe Ross-Miller and Washburn. Personally I think Willis is leaving too.

Last edited:
I can't believe we won this game with the limited play and injuries to Warren and Crocker as well as Gallon's play today and of late. It's really unbelievable and a testament to (I) our talent on the court (II) Capel's ability to get the guys to play hard. It bodes well for next year for sure.

I'd love to get another SG to replace WW like Poland, on top of getting the big C Aziz. That'd be huge. On top of Cam Clark, who I see as a 3-4 next year (maybe a 3 thereafter, depending) and TJ Taylor (who will be a 2) I think that'd be a great recruiting haul...

I say why not?

Personally I think Willis is leaving too.

Really? I've never gotten that vibe from Willis. The kid has a lot of potential. He reeeeeeeeeally needs to add some lbs. He works hard. Hope he can make it work.

Really? I've never gotten that vibe from Willis. The kid has a lot of potential. He reeeeeeeeeally needs to add some lbs. He works hard. Hope he can make it work.

Because JMHO that he is being recruited over...not saying I want him to leave, just think that he is.

Back