Senior Day OU vs #22 TCU 2pm CST on ESPN+

i think it is 100% he is playing college basketball next year just hope it is at OU

Not sure if anyone looks at ouinsider on 247, but Parker thune confirmed hill and Sherfield aren’t expected back. Sherfield isn’t surprising but Hill is to me. Didn’t say if he’s expecting to portal or if he’s done with college.

Alright… I’m doing this to myself as I’m an eternal optimist.

Is OUs only shot at the tournament winning the Big 12 tournament or could they make it with a couple wins and some weird combination of other bubble teams losing early in their tournaments?

Alright… I’m doing this to myself as I’m an eternal optimist.

Is OUs only shot at the tournament winning the Big 12 tournament or could they make it with a couple wins and some weird combination of other bubble teams losing early in their tournaments?

Save yourself the angst. There is no chance of an at large. If we win our first three games 100-0 each and then lose the title game by 1 in 10 OTs, we still won’t make it.

Not sure if anyone looks at ouinsider on 247, but Parker thune confirmed hill and Sherfield aren’t expected back. Sherfield isn’t surprising but Hill is to me. Didn’t say if he’s expecting to portal or if he’s done with college.

Man I would hate to lose Jalen. Would understand if he wants to go elsewhere but it would sting because I really like and respect him and he is such a valuable and versatile player.

Save yourself the angst. There is no chance of an at large. If we win our first three games 100-0 each and then lose the title game by 1 in 10 OTs, we still won’t make it.

I disagree, if we won 3 straight games 100-0, we are absolutely in.

I disagree, if we won 3 straight games 100-0, we are absolutely in.

I realize we're half-joking here, but Wichita is correct. Three huge blowout wins will only get us excited to play in the conference tournament championship game. No team has ever made it as an At-Large being one game over .500, and no one has ever been selected with a 5-13 conference record. That said, 2 or 3 wins allows us to keep playing as we'll get selected for the NIT (which to at least some of us is better than nothing). The KSU game was a must-win to keep our At-Large hopes barely alive.

Both returning would surprise me. But, I'm guessing Sherfield transferred to OU to play against the best competition in America and he may think he needs another year before going to the NBA. He definitely struggled at times.

Edit: I just realized it said "aren't" expected back, not are. Well then my guess is Hill is going to transfer and Sherfield will go pro.

Last edited:
I'll be very disappointed if Hill leaves (Sherfield, too, but he's more like a gun for hire with no real connection to OU and this season wasn't one to foster loyalty from a new arrival).

If Hill leaves, I'll definitely consider that a demerit for Moser. That would be three quality players who stuck around to play for him who ended up departing before their eligibility was up.

That's not all Thune said, btw. He said to expect more transfers and that Moser will have a number of holes to fill via the portal.

If Hill leaves, I'll definitely consider that a demerit for Moser. That would be three quality players who stuck around to play for him who ended up departing before their eligibility was up.

We would count it against Moser that a guy only played 4 complete seasons at OU? That's a stretch.

That's not all Thune said, btw. He said to expect more transfers and that Moser will have a number of holes to fill via the portal.

That's the no-brainer of the century. If nobody transfers of their own accord, Moser will be showing a couple to the door. No insider knowledge needed.

We would count it against Moser that a guy only played 4 complete seasons at OU? That's a stretch.

Yes, I would count it against him if a guy who from all reports loves OU and has a year left to play departed to play elsewhere. We lost two guys last offseason who would have contributed this year; losing another this cycle would be concerning. Not only is Hill a fine player but experience matters. When you lose upper class contributors every cycle, that's not a recipe for success. Especially with Moser's relative ineffectiveness in working the portal.

And Thune's generally pretty specific and detail-oriented in his reporting. If players were being processed, he very likely would have stated us much.

I might also mention that he stated that JGroves has not yet decided his future plans--no hint that he would be processed.

Last edited:
There is a 0.00% chance that OU gets an at large berth. None. There’s no need to even debate that fact. OU has to win the Big12 tourney to get in and I don’t believe a 10 seed has ever done that before. Has anyone ever won 4 games in the conference tourney before?

My guesses for transfers: Hill, Noland, Cortes, and Yaya.

The problem with Moser is the ONLY good thing you can say about his coaching at OU is that he has done well recruiting high school kids and that he's a long term builder. However, that narrative completely falls apart if even one of the freshman transfer. If Oweh or Uzan transfer then what's the point of keeping him?

My guesses for transfers: Hill, Noland, Cortes, and Yaya.

The problem with Moser is the ONLY good thing you can say about his coaching at OU is that he has done well recruiting high school kids and that he's a long term builder. However, that narrative completely falls apart if even one of the freshman transfer. If Oweh or Uzan transfer then what's the point of keeping him?

There's not.

I would disagree. I think if OU wins 3 games in the tourney I think they’ll be in. Not gonna happen though.

A few weeks ago, Bob P at SoonerScoop said Hill was expected back at that time. He’s been pretty plugged in.

Moser said he was going to let all of the “seniors” go through senior day because it doesn’t matter if they get a second one. But he wanted them to at least have one if any decided to move on from college.

I’m not saying Thune is definitely wrong, but I trust Bob P a lot more. 247 barely acts like the basketball program exists. Bob P at SS has covered the program extremely well for years now.

I’ll wait to hear what he has to say on transfers before I start getting upset or worried about anything.

A few weeks ago, Bob P at SoonerScoop said Hill was expected back at that time. He’s been pretty plugged in.

Moser said he was going to let all of the “seniors” go through senior day because it doesn’t matter if they get a second one. But he wanted them to at least have one if any decided to move on from college.

I’m not saying Thune is definitely wrong, but I trust Bob P a lot more. 247 barely acts like the basketball program exists. Bob P at SS has covered the program extremely well for years now.

I’ll wait to hear what he has to say on transfers before I start getting upset or worried about anything.

Agreed. Not say Thune is wrong, but he’s definitely not what I would considered an insider of OU basketball.

Back