Sooner Basketball App

SoonerJK12

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that I have developed an iOS app for OU basketball. It has been on the app store for about a week or so, but it wasn't really ready fro prime time until yesterday when I updated it. There were a couple of major bugs that I wanted to fix before I let you guys know about it.

The name of the app: Sooner Basketball

If you guys have used the ESPN app, the user-interface is similar.

There are five tabs:
Scoreboard Tab - you can see scores of games from the current day. You can switch between conferences/top 25.

Twitter tab - you can see the latest tweet from the coaches, players on the team, OUHoops, and others associated with OUbasketball. If there is another twitter account you guys would like to see, just let me know. You can also switch the feed to shows tweets with the hashtag "takenotice" or you can see tweets that are tweeted close the Lloyd Noble Center.

Schedule/results tab - you can see the results from all the games this season, you can also see the results from the previous season. If you click on the game, it will show the individual stats for that game. This is also where you can see the schedule.

Stats tab - This shows you the per game stats for the season - team and individual. There is also a toggle button to show total season stats or just big 12 stats. You can also see last years stats.

Media tab - this tab links you to news, videos, and photos at SoonerSports.com

**There are still a couple of known bugs. The scores tab should link you to ESPN gamecast, but it's not working 100% right now. The app will crash seldomly. I will also be making the user interface better, but this really isn't my area of expertise -- I have a friend that will be helping me, but he hasn't been able to work on it yet.

The app costs 99 cents. I would love to hear feedback. If you guys have features that you would like to see, or ways to make it better, let me know. I will continue to work on the app and make improvements to it when I can.

Cool idea soonerjk!

I will check it out.

Cool idea. Great job. One suggestion I have is to make one for Android as well. That may be a huge ask but I can tell you that you'd have at least one customer.

Cool idea. Great job. One suggestion I have is to make one for Android as well. That may be a huge ask but I can tell you that you'd have at least one customer.

I wish I had the time or I would!

Back