Sooners in the Pros: 2016-17

Re: Warriors/Pelicans game tonight

Buddy is going to have to get better at moving without the ball and setting screens to make himself open. He drifts way too much and that hurts with a team's rhythm.

I'm not worried about him making shots, that's going to come.

Re: Warriors/Pelicans game tonight

Buddy is 4 years old than Murray. Their growth curves are expected to be a lot different.

"Growth curves" and Buddy?

He's been very different from the norm.

Buddy in the NBA

I thought it might be good to have a season thread for Buddy, so I started this one.

I didn't see either game, but it seems he picked it up a little bit the past two nights. He had 10 points in 13 minutes in Tuesday's close loss to Milwaukee, and tonight, in the Pelicans' OT loss to Memphis, he played 30 minutes and scored 18 points, second only to Lance Stephenson, adding four rebounds, an assist, two steals and a block.
Not saying he's not lighting it up yet, but he's showing some improvement.

Re: Buddy in the NBA

He just needs to keep shooting it! Everything will work out and I hope they make a trade soon! I saw Chandler and Brandon Knight from Suns. I think that would be a great deal for the Pelicans.

Four 3s last night. He'll get it.

In his 30 minutes he was a +5. They were -11 without him.

Subs got lots of mins last night... I think he'll be starting soon. they have nothing to lose build for the future. They need to shed some old washed up players or move them to the backup role.

He just needs to keep shooting it! Everything will work out and I hope they make a trade soon! I saw Chandler and Brandon Knight from Suns. I think that would be a great deal for the Pelicans.

I would jump on that if I'm the Pelicans. Doesn't make sense for the Suns since they already have Devin Booker.

Buddy thrives on lots of individual time in the gym to practice. How does someone like him find time to do that with the NBA's travel schedule?

A fine idea. Would be better on the NBA board though.

Where's the Blake Griffin NBA thread?

A fine idea. Would be better on the NBA board though.

Where's the Blake Griffin NBA thread?

By all means, start one there. This is intended for people like me, college hoops fans who don't really follow the NBA that closely and just want to know how our guy is doing in his rookie season. I'm not likely to pop over to the NBA board to read a single thread.

Seems to me we had a similar Blake thread years ago, but it faded away -- as this one surely will over time. But in the meantime it'll help some of us keep informed on how he's progressing.

I'd rather the Sooner Hoops board not be cluttered with NBA talk, but to each his own.

I'll leave it to the discretion of the admins. I too have little interest in NBA talk here, but Buddy talk, I'm in for.

I'm on board for Buddy news this season as well!! Please keep it going 👍

I'd rather the Sooner Hoops board not be cluttered with NBA talk, but to each his own.

It's still technically offseason, and the conversation is "Buddy Hield". I'm having a difficult time understanding why anyone would object to a thread about him...or Blake Griffin. They're our only two NBA reps.

It's still technically offseason, and the conversation is "Buddy Hield". I'm having a difficult time understanding why anyone would object to a thread about him...or Blake Griffin. They're our only two NBA reps.

I can understand not wanting blake griffin threads....b/c of what they turn into lol

I see nothing wrong with a Sooners NBA thread(s) it's important to OU to have both Blake and Buddy succeed.

The mods rules on this have always been very very lax during the offseason. Once the season starts the mods will have to talk about how to handle thread like this. We may make one official "Sooners in the NBA" thread or something so we don't get new threads every few games like the trends seems to be now.

The mods rules on this have always been very very lax during the offseason. Once the season starts the mods will have to talk about how to handle thread like this. We may male one official "Sooners in the NBA" thread or something so we don't get new threads every few games like the trends seems to be now.

Sooners in the NBA thread is a good idea.

Cluttered? The bottom of the forum's first page dates back over a week.

Though I agree about NBA game threads.

Back