Sooners in the Pros: 2016-17

Re: Buddy in the NBA

If this is the Sooners in the NBA thread. Blake had a big game last night in a blowout win over San Antonio on the road.

28 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal in 29 minutes

If this is turning into an "OU players in the Pros" thread, does anyone know what Isaiah Cousins is doing after the Kings cut him? Is he In the D league or somewhere overseas?

Alright, let's consolidate all the NBA talk (that actually belongs on the NBA Board :eddie187_jpg_xs:) into one thread encompassing all professional hoops tangents regarding our Sooners.

Now, if a living breathing moderator would emerge from the weeds and dump everything in here that would be swell.

Have the Pelicans won a game?
Does Blake Griffin still drive a Kia?
Has Spangler contracted the dreaded Osaka Flu?

What is Isaiah Cousins doing after being cut by the Kings? D league? Overseas?

Alright, let's consolidate all the NBA talk (that actually belongs on the NBA Board :eddie187_jpg_xs:) into one thread encompassing all professional hoops tangents regarding our Sooners.

Now, if a living breathing moderator would emerge from the weeds and dump everything in here that would be swell.

Have the Pelicans won a game?
Does Blake Griffin still drive a Kia?
Has Spangler contracted the dreaded Osaka Flu?

I like the title, "Sooners in the Pros: 2026-17."

We'll move the Pelicans and the BG threads over here and make this our only discussion about the NBA, mainly because we have two high-profile former Sooners in the league now.

If this thread strays too far off of the designated topic, it will be moved to the NBA forum. As MNSooner said, our usual guidelines on the main board were relaxed some during the off season when there weren't many new threads. With the season tipping off Tuesday night, we'll go back to the way it's always been, except for one catch all thread for Sooners in the pros.

Buddy Hield had a solid game last night against Sacramento, scoring 14 points in 21 minutes, which was more than four of New Orleans' starters scored (and they each played more minutes than Buddy did).

As bad as New Orleans is, they probably should give Buddy plenty of minutes to develop.

The Pelicans won their first game tonight, beating the Bucks 112-106 on the road. Buddy had 9 points (3 of 6 from three), 4 rebounds and 1 steal in 16 minutes.

I drove up to Milwaukee last night to see Pelicans-Bucks. Tickets for Bucks games are 1/10 as expensive as Bulls games, so I figured this was my only chance to see Buddy in person this year. It was AWESOME to see him get his first win! I got up only twice to go to the restroom/get beer, and of COURSE Buddy hit a three both of those times, so I only saw one of his buckets. But in general, he seemed to move within the offense much better and took high-IQ shots last night. He got beat a few times on defense, but mostly by Jabari Parker, who is very hard to guard and was ON last night.

Davis is just a freak athletically.

This comes as no surprise, but Buddy is obviously very well liked by his teammates and Pellies staff. What a great person and ambassador for the University.

New Orleans cut Lance Stevenson so Buddy should get more minutes.

Just to be clear, Stephenson was injured and in order to fill his roster spot, had to be waived. The Pelicans didn't want to let him go.

But with LS gone, Buddy should get more minutes.

is Spangler on the same team as Jimmy Fedderette(sp) in Japan?

Well, the Lakers routed the Pelicans tonight, but Buddy had 18 points (second only to Anthony Davis) in 26 minutes on 8-of-13 shooting (1-of-4 from three) with three rebounds and an assist.

Also as an FYI, Isaiah's first game in the D-League is tomorrow at 7 ET. I think all D League games are streamed on facebook live.

Well, the Lakers routed the Pelicans tonight, but Buddy had 18 points (second only to Anthony Davis) in 26 minutes on 8-of-13 shooting (1-of-4 from three) with three rebounds and an assist.

Buddy had a nice game last night! I'm not going to pretend that his 3-point shooting hasn't been abysmal to this point, but I decided to look up the stats of some of the other players who were drafted in the top 10. Granted, Buddy was a senior so he should be more NBA-ready than most...and so far he has been in spite of the 3-point %. We just happen to be following Buddy's career a bit closer, but I bet the Providence boards are wondering why Kris Dunn has been struggling mightily (more so than Buddy). I'm as guilty as anyone, but perhaps we just need to lower our expectations of Buddy a bit. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Back