TCU is the biggest game of the year thus far (early look)

You're being awfully generous, we rank 252nd out of all D1 schools in FG% and 142nd in scoring offense. But you might be thinking, "Oh we make up for it because we shoot the 3 well!" Actually, we rank 263rd in 3 pt FG% out of all D1 schools. But you're probably thinking, "Yeah but we force lots of turnovers!" Nope, we rank 295th in turnovers forced.

I'm pretty sure we don't do any of those things well, depending on your definition of "well."

Quite glaring, actually.

The other problem with the pro-style iso "offense" is that when you've got one guy with the ball dribbling around then shooting and the other 4 guys standing around on the perimeter it makes it almost impossible to get offensive rebounds.

It's odd: we are actually a really dangerous team when we push the ball in transition (or just speed the pace up). But we seem like we want to slow it down and play halfcourt ball.

I want to see us put pressure on defenses early by pushing the pace every possession.

This is absolutely a must win. If we lose this game, it could unravel completely. They can’t lose this game and get to 7-11 in conference play.

You really think our offense works well? 53 points at home against UCF disagrees.

5th in conference. 1 point out of 3rd. 5pts from 1st.

But you go ahead and pick one game to choose from.

72ppg is bad.

72ppg is bad.

Post #20 paints a less rosy picture. Secondly, why are we only allowed to make comparisons with fellow conference members as opposed to division 1 teams as a whole (is OSU not a conference team-enuf said) Is it not apparent that the stats provided are inclusive of all games played to this point as opposed to one?

72ppg is bad.

We rank 142nd among all D1 schools in scoring offense. It's really amazing the pretzels you twist yourself into trying to "prove" that we are a good team. Yes there are lots of putrid offenses in the Big 12, so what? Why does it bother you so much when people are honest about the state of the program?

Post #20 paints a less rosy picture. Secondly, why are we only allowed to make comparisons with fellow conference members as opposed to division 1 teams as a whole (is OSU not a conference team-enuf said) Is it not apparent that the stats provided are inclusive of all games played to this point as opposed to one?

Oh I thought we were playing a conference school in the middle of conf season. Sure we arent elite. No one is calling us elite.

We were talking about offense. 72 ppg is solid.

Scoring is down.

We havent played to our potential. I think we all can agree about that. JB upticks. Reaves upticks. Bench gives us just a tad more. I think we'll be ok.

Things can get better.

Oh I thought we were playing a conference school in the middle of conf season. Sure we arent elite. No one is calling us elite.

Scoring is down.

We havent played to our potential. I think we all can agree about that. JB upticks. Reaves upticks. Bench gives us just a tad more. I think we'll be ok.

Things can get better.

Since you brought up the Big 12, I took a look, we are averaging 64.5 points per game in Big 12 play. FYI

Scoring is down.

Things can get better.

Because the numbers he provided were all inclusive and not segmented as used in your approach. I mean you were critical of the UCF mention, which was one game, and then you follow that up by using 25% of the games played. Now either you can poke holes in the season stats or you cannot.

What if we are playing to our potential? What if this is as good as it gets for Reaves/Harmon/Bieniemy?

Since you brought up the Big 12, I took a look, we are averaging 64.5 points per game in Big 12 play. FYI

We've played 4 conference games and the highest tally was 72 thus it is impossible to average 72 unless all 4 games had the same score (72,72,72,72).

We've played 4 conference games and the highest tally was 72 thus it is impossible to average 72 unless all 4 games had the same score.

I'm sure the 72 was for the season overall, and then the relative totals were against the other Big 12 schools.

We rank 142nd among all D1 schools in scoring offense. It's really amazing the pretzels you twist yourself into trying to "prove" that we are a good team. Yes there are lots of putrid offenses in the Big 12, so what? Why does it bother you so much when people are honest about the state of the program?

rated 2nd best conf in America by most "experts".

Such a small margin from 142nd to 40th. Its 5.5 points.

So 2 buckets is the difference bw 142nd and 40th.

Only one of our games was decided in that margin.

Stats are what you make them. I want us to #1 in the country. It doesn't change the fact that we arent are crap as you say we are.

rated 2nd best conf in America by most "experts".

Such a small margin from 142nd to 40th. Its 5.5 points.

So 2 buckets is the difference bw 142nd and 40th.

Only one of our games was decided in that margin.

Stats are what you make them. I want us to #1 in the country. It doesn't change the fact that we arent are crap as you say we are.

Lol, are you Lon Kruger's agent or his dad or something?

"Stats are what you make of them!"

<pulls out stats to "prove" his point>

"Stats are what you make of them!"

<pulls out stats to "prove" his point>

Im just showing that they are relative to how you present them.

We have to get better. No one is saying we shouldnt.

The other problem with the pro-style iso "offense" is that when you've got one guy with the ball dribbling around then shooting and the other 4 guys standing around on the perimeter it makes it almost impossible to get offensive rebounds.

I totally agree with this. We run no offensive sets the last 10 minutes of any game. We end up taking contested pull ups at the end of the shot clock.

Back