The Kelvin Watch (Houston Cougars)

I emailed him late that night during the Alaska tourney, to let him know I'd listened from NYC, and got a nice response back, which I always appreciated.

My dad used to go to practices in Kelvin's first few years and sit with Kelvin's dad, Ned (I think that's his name). Dad loved visiting with Ned and used to tell me how nice is Kelvin and Karen (again, I think that's his wife's name). He just really thought they were the greatest thing to happen to OU basketball in a long time.

UNLV has serious budget issues so they probably can't offer anywhere close to Houston.

I wonder if Ford was fired, would Holder have him on the list? And would Samspon take the job if offered? I'm just throwing out a hypothetical for conversation purposes only.

I know that Kelvin did appreciate fans. We have one poster that went to an OU game as his personal guest because of a positive attitude that she exhibited for the program. This was about a year before the debacle.

It seems so ironic. If he had tweeted instead of called........how absurd is the distinction?

Beat Tulsa and East Carolina and are now 5-4 and one game behind Cincinnati for top of the conference(SMU doesn't count)

Knocked off 1 loss SMU tonight. Kelvin needs better talent, but he's building something down there.

Yeah, I have zero doubt that Houston will be a force under him or he will move onward and upward quickly.

What's funny...I guess...is he spent ...3? 4? Years in the nba and came back to college...guess less traveling...being HC...

What's funny...I guess...is he spent ...3? 4? Years in the nba and came back to college...guess less traveling...being HC...

Kelvin's wound too tight for the NBA. He's intense, as intense as any coach in college basketball history. I'm sure the NBA was just for a paycheck and to keep his name out there for when he could come back to college.

I hope he does well at Houston and I hope Houston doesn't join the big 12 because I don't want to play him.

Knocked off 1 loss SMU tonight. Kelvin needs better talent, but he's building something down there.

This felt like a double-win for me. I liked Kelvin when he was at OU (he also sent my terminally-ill friend an autographed photo and a letter back in '01), so that's a win for Kelvin to beat SMU. And it was a LOSS for the disgusting Larry Brown. He and Lute Olson always seemed the consummate phonies when they were doing battle with OU back in the late 80's.

I watched the game. Great win for UH and for Kelvin!

I thought the Cougars were going to blow it down the stretch when they couldn't make their free throws. But, typical of a KS coached team, they battled it out and came away with a win.

I watched the game. Great win for UH and for Kelvin!

I thought the Cougars were going to blow it down the stretch when they couldn't make their free throws. But, typical of a KS coached team, they battled it out and came away with a win.

I found it so cool to look over at the bench and see Kelvin, Kellen, and Hollis all coaching on the same staff. Three really good Sooners right there.

They play Tulsa in Tulsa on Sunday. Thinking about trying to land some tickets. I'll wear my OU gear of course. :chestram2:

Kelvin's wound too tight for the NBA. He's intense, as intense as any coach in college basketball history. I'm sure the NBA was just for a paycheck and to keep his name out there for when he could come back to college.

I hope he does well at Houston and I hope Houston doesn't join the big 12 because I don't want to play him.

He liked the NBA game, but in the end, he realized he's a college coach. He legitimately thought he was going to be a head coach in the NBA.

Back