The Road

seniorsooner

Reaction score
It is quite possible we are going to finish the regular season 1-13 in games played away from the LNC. That is just flabbergasting.

Easily the worst OU basketball team I've ever seen. Even the early 90s Tubbs teams scored and won NIT games. And sometimes beat teams on the road.

It is quite possible we are going to finish the regular season 1-13 in games played away from the LNC. That is just flabbergasting.

OU fans that did not like Sampson just never understood how important it was to go .500 on the road. If you can play .500 on the road, you will be in the top half of the conference. Capel just doesn't seem to be able to do that yet.

I didn't think it was possible, but I have finally found an OU team that was worse on the road than this one. John MacLeod's 1968-69 Sooners did not win a single game away from the LNC all season and finished 7-19.

I didn't think it was possible, but I have finally found an OU team that was worse on the road than this one. John MacLeod's 1968-69 Sooners did not win a single game away from the LNC all season and finished 7-19.

I appreciate your dedication

Seriously? This is the worse road team since 1969?

That is horrible. It is all Sampson's fault.

The 06-07 team (16-15) won 3 games away from home, including a conference road game (Baylor).
The 93-94 team (15-13) won 3 conference road games, and also a few preseason tourney games away from home.
The 90-91 team (20-15) only won 1 conference road game, but they won two non-conf road games (Texas A&M and Texas). They also advanced to the NIT Final.
The 80-81 team (9-18) did not win a conference road game, but won games in Houston (against Army) and Oklahoma City (against Bradley).
The 79-80 team (15-12) won conference road games at Ames and Manhattan. They also won some preseason tourney games away from home.
The 78-79 team (14-13) won 4 conf road games.
The 75-76 team (9-17) won a conf road game at Kansas (ha) and beat Iowa State in Kansas City in the PRE-season conf tournament. They also beat Furman in South Carolina.
The 74-75 team (13-13) won 2 conf road games at Ames and Lincoln.
The 71-72 team (14-12) won 3 conf road games.
The aforementioned 68-69 team (7-19) did not win a single one.

There were some REALLY bad OU teams in the 50s and 60s, but suffice it to say that this could very possibly be no less than the 2nd worst team on the road in at least the last 40+ years of OU basketball.

Last edited:

OU didn't play in the LNC until the fall of '75. And OU does have two wins away from the LNC this year (Utah and Nicholls State) - but that in itself is a disgrace anyway.

Back