Thoughts on Season/Future

I would not expect Rick to be a quality starter next season if he couldn't help at our weakest position this season. I am hopeful he could see backup minutes with flashes, much like Kur last season. If we get a legit starter quality big in the middle, I could be very optimistic, given there are no transfers out of starters.

I would not expect Rick to be a quality starter next season if he couldn't help at our weakest position this season. I am hopeful he could see backup minutes with flashes, much like Kur last season. If we get a legit starter quality big in the middle, I could be very optimistic, given there are no transfers out of starters.

That is some sobering truth. Pretty pathetic that I get excited over news of him practicing better. Desperate I guess!

Could be movement on more players very soon.

Could be movement on more players very soon.

I hope that means putting their names in the portal. That doesn't prevent them from changing their minds. How does a transfer become official? The dead period goes many more weeks, when is late signing?

Every time a coach moves on there are players/recruits that leave...

It just happens. Our 2 recruits aren’t high 4/5* guys so if they move on, they move on.

Perhaps the new coach will bring guys he recruited...

OU basketball will go on.

Every time a coach moves on there are players/recruits that leave...

It just happens. Our 2 recruits aren’t high 4/5* guys so if they move on, they move on.

Perhaps the new coach will bring guys he recruited...

OU basketball will go on.

Exactly! We might lose a player or two but it works both ways. Our new coach will likely bring in his own players and recruits. It’s way too early to panic.

I would be shocked to see Hill leave. He’s positioned to play a ton of minutes over the next two years. He’s a pretty key player for our future success in my mind. A position less guy that defends and rebounds and hustles. If he leaves, I’ll be disappointed.

I wonder how Gibson would feel being reunited with the coach he left.

Every indication is that he left on good terms for a chance to play at a higher level. The UNT staff heave him rave reviews when Lon asked about him.

I’m going to throw one more name out I haven’t heard mentioned... total Joe C hire.

Fred Hoiburg.

Nebraska basketball sucks! Has forever... give or take a few years...

I’m going to throw one more name out I haven’t heard mentioned... total Joe C hire.

Fred Hoiburg.

Nebraska basketball sucks! Has forever... give or take a few years...

would love it but don't see him leaving lincoln, family is originally from there, his son is now walking on to Nebraska, has some health issues (pacemaker)

I’ve heard Cj and Bijan are locked in to Oklahoma.

Back