Tonight keys

jaymOU

Reaction score
Burton

In Norman, OU could not stop Burton - guy was an absolute beast, that night he looked like Julius Randle - left-handed bull in a china shop, with a 3-point shot. He was really tough and kept ISU in the game most of the night.

He is a mid-semester guy and has not scored in double-figures in any other conference game, except at Texas (14), since his outburst in Norman. Heck he's had games of 0, 2 and 4 points. Reminds me of the way Hurd at K-State went off last year, and this year as well, in Norman. Is he Julius Randle or Mitchell Solomon tonight?

Spurts

the Sooners put up 50 points in the second half in Norman and are capable of doing the same thing as ISU likes to push too. OU can't be plagued by scoring droughts. Taking the ball to the basket will be key, but waiting there will be McKay who is a good shot blocker. Getting McKay in foul trouble hurts ISU's defense and would help OU stay away from droughts.

Shooting percentage

I believe OU needs to shot at least 40% from 3 tonight and, frankly, the Sooners need Cousins to be the second half against ISU Cousins and not what we have seen the last two weeks or so. Cousins hits half his threes tonight and Woodard and Buddy continue their pace, Sooners will win for sure.

I believe it comes down to shooting and turnovers for OU..Great shooting night and very few turnovers OU comes out on top. Hard not to remember last year OU up by 20 with 15 minutes to go and just fell apart after Cousins technical foul.

Last edited:
It comes down to what it always does: defense and rebounding.

Cousins and Spangler need to be hitting.
Need to force them to hit jumpers and not allow them to drive.

Back