Transfer Portal Thread

Two things can be true at once:
1. The Groves bros will be improved from the time they put in the gym.
2. Tanner Groves still won't cut it playing 35 minutes a game in the Big 12 without a decent backup. Which I don't think the team currently has.

I read that as of April 21st, 1,450 players remained in the portal. Am I the only one thinks our coaches might be able to sign one or two hapless urchins before the portal closes again?

Don’t give up now Sooner faithful!

I was trying to remember how it worked with the timing last year. I was in Lubbock on business last summer and these Tech fans were celebrating when they signed the ORU guy, and that was mid or late July I think. So even though i'm sure Moser wishes he had the entire team at the beginning of June, this stuff goes well into the summer.

I was trying to remember how it worked with the timing last year. I was in Lubbock on business last summer and these Tech fans were celebrating when they signed the ORU guy, and that was mid or late July I think. So even though i'm sure Moser wishes he had the entire team at the beginning of June, this stuff goes well into the summer.

You’re on dangerous ground, Stikboy! You’re beginning to think like me. ;)

I read that as of April 21st, 1,450 players remained in the portal. Am I the only one thinks our coaches might be able to sign one or two hapless urchins before the portal closes again?

Don’t give up now Sooner faithful!

they can but do they want to ..

IMHO they are only looking at 1 year options at this time ..

or very very high potential multi year guys

That’s what I think, too. I was trying to ease the minds of those who believe our season is doomed if we don’t fill at least one open scholarship.

Why limit yourself to one-year options? There is zero chance the roster will not have turnover in the next 12 months. Like every team in America, we will have plenty of scholarships available after next season. Look for the best available players, regardless of class.

From the start of big 12 play through the rest of the year. Ou was out rebounded 9x. 3 of those 9 were by 1 reb.

I know a few games we were hammered but we also hammered a few teams on the glass in season.

I think every guy will
Be bigger and stronger when season rolls around again.

Yeah, but we also had Chagrois as a backup. He fit that role pretty well in the grand scheme. If we're expecting someone like Northweather/the Wofford guy to do something similar........well.............

Why limit yourself to one-year options? There is zero chance the roster will not have turnover in the next 12 months. Like every team in America, we will have plenty of scholarships available after next season. Look for the best available players, regardless of class.

I concur with this 100%.

we may have plenty of scholarships after next season ...

can't 100% count on that

we may have plenty of scholarships after next season ...

can't 100% count on that

Yeah. Looking at the roster, I don't see a lot of guys that are going to be in a position to leave via the Portal. Cortes being the obvious exception.

Agreed. What we’re/I’m saying is that there is plenty of time and prospects in the portal to fill that void this season. If that strategy fails, I’ll be concerned too. I still think Northweather is a decent option, but I would rather have a proven commodity in that position to start the season.

Yeah. Looking at the roster, I don't see a lot of guys that are going to be in a position to leave via the Portal. Cortes being the obvious exception.

Totally disagree. When was the last offseason we didn't have someone leave, even before the portal took off? How many of you anticipated this time a year ago, or even three months ago, that Gibson would leave to go play for one of the worst teams in the country, or that Harkless would bail to go play at UNLV? I would happily bet anyone on this board that we will have at least one non-senior leave after the season.

Totally disagree. When was the last offseason we didn't have someone leave, even before the portal took off? How many of you anticipated this time a year ago, or even three months ago, that Gibson would leave to go play for one of the worst teams in the country, or that Harkless would bail to go play at UNLV? I would happily bet anyone on this board that we will have at least one non-senior leave after the season.

most thought that gibson was not going to return ..

and most thought the same with harkless before he got hurt ..

Everyone is in position to leave via the portal. Not everyone is in a position of upward mobility. Just look at this past offseason.

Everyone is on a one year deal. Some will move up, some will move down. There will be turnover.

I believe Porter previously stated that one year portal transfers were preferred. That being said, what transfers are available that you believe will be an impact and are interested in OU.

most thought that gibson was not going to return ..

and most thought the same with harkless before he got hurt ..

I guess that's precisely my point -- things almost never go according to plan. I doubt there is a single D-1 school that has every eligible kid returning from last season. There is no reason to think OU will buck that trend next offseason.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TP4PT/status/1534927605513785344[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TP4PT/status/1534927605513785344[/TWEET]

Good find -- needed perspective. We may not ultimately find the kind of big all of us are hoping for, but this is a good reminder that there are still hundreds of players out there.

Good find -- needed perspective. We may not ultimately find the kind of big all of us are hoping for, but this is a good reminder that there are still hundreds of players out there.

Exactly! That is precisely the point I was trying to make, with more perspective as you correctly pointed out. It’s way too early to hit the panic button!

Back