Transfer Portal Thread

Big mid-major entry here...

from Chicago

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1506022280362868736[/TWEET]

*second-team MVC

Last edited:
Meh. We need winners, not guys that put up stats while going 13-20.

Texas Tech

Bryson Williams - UTEP (12-12) - leading scorer
Davion Warren - Hampton (11-14)

Kansas

Remy Martin - AZ St (11-14)

Iowa State

Izaiah Brockington - Penn St (11-14) - leading scorer

Miami

Charlie Moore - DePaul (5-14) - 3rd in scoring

Providence

Al Durham - Indiana (12-15) - 2nd leading scorer
Justin Minaya - South Carolina (6-15)
Noah Horchler - North Florida (16-17 in '18-19)
Ed Croswell - La Salle (15-15 in '19-20)
Jared Bynum - St Joseph's (14-19 in '18-19) - 3rd leading scorer

Arkansas

JD Notae - Jacksonville (12-20 in '18-19) - leading scorer

....I could keep going but that would make this response even longer. Harkless and Marvin came from losing teams. Just take talented players. Most players want/try to win. JMO of course.

Last edited:
Texas Tech

Kansas

Iowa State

Miami

Providence

Arkansas

....I could keep going but that would make this response even longer. Harkless and Marvin came from losing teams. Just take talented players. Most players want/try to win. JMO of course.

Great work NAIA

Texas Tech

Kansas

Iowa State

Miami

Providence

Arkansas

Nice

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/HoopScoopMedia/status/1506111199246704645[/TWEET]

Texas Tech

Kansas

Iowa State

Miami

Providence

Arkansas

Bingo. It’s a team sport and sometimes even “winners” get stuck on crappy teams for whatever reason. Doesn’t mean they won’t be able to win and help a team in a better situation.

Hopefully Keylan Boone ends up at Tulsa... They got a big loss with Sam Griffin leaving but they just got an excellent coach. Tulsa is going to need lots of help from the transfer portal

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1506267579169583109[/TWEET]

For those who don't subscribe to 247:

Mentions OU being one of the schools he's heard from. He's receiving serious interest from West Virginia, Iowa State, Loyola Chicago, & Indiana so far.

Says he's in no rush to decide.

What he's looking for in a program: a team who wants to win, a coach that will push him, and teammates (or "bunch of guys") that want him there.

Last edited:
Hopefully Keylan Boone ends up at Tulsa... They got a big loss with Sam Griffin leaving but they just got an excellent coach. Tulsa is going to need lots of help from the transfer portal

I was thinking Tulsa or ORU (due to logic/proximity). Both could use him. ORU could especially use a kid like him (athletic/versatile).

Meh. We need winners, not guys that put up stats while going 13-20.

Five players on the court at the same time. I think your logic stands if we attempted to take on a 13-20 team's entire starting five, but not their best player.

One of the best threads last year, and I'm sure it will be quality again. Thanks for doing this, NAIA!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1506267579169583109[/TWEET]

For those who don't subscribe to 247:

Mentions OU being one of the schools he's heard from. He's receiving serious interest from West Virginia, Iowa State, Loyola Chicago, & Indiana so far.

Says he's in no rush to decide.

What he's looking for in a program: a team who wants to win, a coach that will push him, and teammates (or "bunch of guys") that want him there.

He seems perfect. Come in 1 year & fill the Chargois role, then be a 2 year starter. His quotes seem like the type of player that fits Moser.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1506316030469189632[/TWEET]

From Wisconsin...I'd expect OU to contact him and he'll probably go to the Badgers.

Last edited:
Another name to add to the contact list...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1506321276234776580[/TWEET]

He seems perfect. Come in 1 year & fill the Chargois role, then be a 2 year starter. His quotes seem like the type of player that fits Moser.

He seems to be perfect because he is perfect!

I know better than to attach myself to a specific recruit, but I did it anyway! Everything I read and every highlight video I watched right after NAIA posted Payton Sparks bio several days ago drew me to him! He’s got a pleasant smile and a like able demeanor in interviews, but when the ball goes up or hits the background, he turns into a beast. He plays like he owns the court down low!

I’m sure there are other worthy transfers out there, but this is the one I want!

He seems to be perfect because he is perfect!

I know better than to attach myself to a specific recruit, but I did it anyway! Everything I read and every highlight video I watched right after NAIA posted Payton Sparks bio several days ago drew me to him! He’s got a pleasant smile and a like able demeanor in interviews, but when the ball goes up or hits the background, he turns into a beast. He plays like he owns the court down low!

I’m sure there are other worthy transfers out there, but this is the one I want!

Saw he averaged over 3 offensive rebounds a game, got to love that.

Back